Gherkins...

• Eat them!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remove them!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm allergic to McDonalds so wouldn't know about their gerkins, but if it were me I'd just ask for the burger without them, therefor eliminating said dilemma of to remove or not to remove. =]

Aerith

Mega Poster
nadroJ said:
I'm allergic to McDonalds so wouldn't know about their gerkins, but if it were me I'd just ask for the burger without them, therefor eliminating said dilemma of to remove or not to remove. =]

Your allergic?

Slash

Giga Poster
EEEWWW Gherkins.

No thanks, I get them to remove them like furie.

Did you know that a McDonalds Hamburger has that much sugar in it that if the gherkins weren't placed their by the store, they would have to class the hamburger as a confectionary item according to the food standards agency's policies!

nadroJ

CF Legend
Aerith said:
Your allergic?
Yes to some kind of colouring they put in the chips, and I'm not going to go in there just for a burger, seems silly to me. I'm also allergic to chocolate for those who care =]

Slash

Giga Poster
nadroJ said:
I'm also allergic to chocolate for those who care =]

You poor poor person, I feel for you really I do! (seriously, I'm not being sarcastic, chocolate is the bane of my life)

nadroJ

CF Legend
It's really not that bad of a thing, I'll never understand why people get so crazy over chocolate (I eat it in small doses sometimes so I do know what it tastes like and stuff).

Did you know that a McDonalds Hamburger has that much sugar in it that if the gherkins weren't placed their by the store, they would have to class the hamburger as a confectionary item according to the food standards agency's policies!

Eww!

Yes to some kind of colouring they put in the chips, and I'm not going to go in there just for a burger, seems silly to me. I'm also allergic to chocolate for those who care =]

I eat just the burger there alot; if you get like, a big burger like the Angus or the Southwest, it's worth it (mm, southwest burger <3 ).

Jordan, being allergic to chocolate.. Man that has to suck.

Ollie

CF Legend
Did you know that a McDonald's Hamburger has that much sugar in it that if the gherkins weren't placed their by the store, they would have to class the hamburger as a confectionery item according to the food standards agency's policies!
Indeed. Having worked in the kitchen you see exactly what goes into all the food and the amount of salt that goes into the food is unbelievable. Then they go and add twice as much on top extra.

^ The seasoning? Yeah, and the grease? Yeah.. But, I always go easy on the seasoning, sometimes I don't put any on just because I think it's gross. The fish gets a lot of salt on it as well.

Aerith

Mega Poster
nadroJ said:
Aerith said:
Your allergic?

ahh yes remember you saying on the allergy topic.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Yeah, that is indeed nothing more than an urban legend . There are a few around like that (Eg shakes made of pigfat etc) In the McDonald's employee handbook, there was a page which had a list of all these rumours, then the actual truth.

But when you stop and think about it, its illogical anyway. It's a restaurant, not a food manufacturing plant, and restaurants aren't obliged to categorise food, give nutritional infor or anything the same way manufacturers do.
Plus there are burgers on the menu which don't have pickles anyway, and they aren't on the dessert menu.

nadroJ

CF Legend
UC said:
Does your life suck?

Nah not really because I can eat Burger King, which I'm sure a lot of you will agree, is the superior fast food chain.

And I can eat other sweeties like jellies and stuff and i prefer those so lack of chocolate in my life doesn't bother me =]

Crow

Mega Poster
I would disaagree.

In my opinion Burger King is just greasy slop. The very thought of their fries make me want to vomit.

Also- What could you possibly be allergic to in Mcdonalds which isn't in Burger King? :?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Crow said:
I would disaagree.

In my opinion Burger King is just greasy slop. The very thought of their fries make me want to vomit.

Hmmm... Their fries are always crispy, so it's not due to greasy slop.

The burgers actually have taste beyond salt and artificial colours and flavourings - which may be your problem - they're almost natural ;) :lol:

Crow said:
Also- What could you possibly be allergic to in Mcdonalds which isn't in Burger King? :?

One of the myriad of artificial colours and flavourings and preservatives they add in?

nadroJ

CF Legend
^ Bingo
It's a specific yellow colouring that they add to their chips, it's also in choclate bizarrely. I recently also discovered it is in scotch eggs (Tesco ones at least)

And at least Burger King flamegrill most of their burgers, I'd much rather that than deep fried grossness where the burgers are sweaty and look like they've been sat on.

Still take out the gerkins though =]

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Two more days to go and if the results don't change, I'm going to lose the bet.

(If I win, he's buying me a jar of gerkins. If he wins, I have to buy him a Big Mac and he'll thrown the gerkins away in front of me.)