• Remove them!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Me and a Welsh bloke just had a McDonald's for lunch.

He removed the gherkins from the burger and I ate them.

We wondered what percentage of people remove them.

Do you remove the gherkins or do you eat them?

marc

CF Legend
Eat them as I like them, a burger would not be the same without them. Infact they dont put enough in.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I ask for the burger not to contain them in the first place :)

Rory

Mega Poster
I eat them as I love gherkins, but McDonalds/Burger King burgers are revolting so I dont tend to eat their burgers very often. :lol:

Martyn

Giga Poster
They're not gherkins, they're pickled cucumber... apparently.

*waits for QI siren to go off*

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Martyn said:
They're not gherkins, they're pickled cucumber... apparently.

*waits for QI siren to go off*

No, you're right. A Gherkin is simply a pickled cucumber - though you use a particular variety of cucumber for pickling.

I remember researching pickles some time ago for Taylor :p

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
furie said:

This, but I ask for everything but the burger to be taken out. (Sauce etc.) And if it's a cheeseburger, everything but the meat and the cheese.

:--D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Uncle Arly said:
furie said:

This, but I ask for everything but the burger to be taken out. (Sauce etc.) And if it's a cheeseburger, everything but the meat and the cheese.

:--D

Same here actually (well, I like the normal salad, but that's getting far too specific for your usual Taylor/Ollie type counter assistant to deal with :p ).

If a gherkin was accidentally added to the burger, I'd not remove it, I'd take it back as I hate the residual taste of the gherkin.

It's odd, as I love cucumber AND vinegar. I like pretty much anything pickled in fact, just not gherkin...

Rush

Giga Poster
I don't eat the tripey **** which McDonalds serve. (Except the chips and McFlurry's.)

I don't like gherkin though either.

Error

Strata Poster
One google image search later, I discover they're what we call "pickles".

I eat them regardless, but I like the taste and crispness of Burger King's over McDonald's. I'm not much for my veggies, being a bad kid and never eating them, so if I get a burger with lettuce or tomato, I pick those off instead.

I'm unhealthy, a stereotypical American!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Error said:
One google image search later, I discover they're what we call "pickles".

That's why I was researching it for Taylor! thanks, I'd forgotten :lol:

We pickel everythnig over here, so pickle is a generic term for anything in vinegar over here - you have to be specific :)

Error said:
I'm unhealthy, a stereotypical American!

Actually, they're quite good for you. Low in fat, and high in vitamins and minerals :)

spicy

Giga Poster
I eat them mostly, but if there are too many in there I take some out, like in the Big Macs they normally put loads in and theres just no need to have that many :lol: