What's new

Manta- B&M Flyer for SWO opening May 22

Mike T

Mega Poster
It's actually pretty massive in terms of sheer girth more than anything. When you first drive into the parking lot it looks like it completely dominates the left half of the park. But when you get a bit closer to it - like all things in life - it gets brought down to size. I think there's a bit of height deception because of how big the radius of the apex curve is. The ride isn't SheiKra or anything, but it definitely holds its own.

One thing that I like about the ride is that its not visible from every waking corner of the park - and for being as centric as it is - that makes for a pleasant surprise. I'm really becoming a big fan of how this coaster looks aesthetically, and to be honest, at first i wasn't really feeling it. Although both major rides at the park have blue on them, they totally stand out from one another.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Wow, i'll finally have a flying coaster less than seven hours away! :--D

So far, it looks great. I do wonder what inversions it will have since the artist's picture vaguely shows a loop. Hmmmm...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^According to Screamscape, it will have a pretzel loop, corkscrew, and 0g roll. I can't remember all the elements, but those were the four inversions I can remember.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^The B&M Pretzel Loops are just one inversion...

So I think it will have two of the same element somewhere.

CMonster said:
So far, it looks great. I do wonder what inversions it will have since the artist's picture vaguely shows a loop. Hmmmm...
I started a topic on that once. An outwards loop on a Flyer would be impossible, as there would be too much strain on the trains, not to mention the riders. Too much force, in other words.

Slash

Giga Poster
I'm going to florida next year. but i'll miss this at it has been postponed till summer 09. Which pissed me right off. But I think it will be the best addition to seaworld since "Shamu". You know what Anheuser Busch are like, this is gonna be great.

finalmanta-aerial.jpg

GO MANTA!!!

Rush

Giga Poster
Urrm... where does it say it has been postponed to Summer '09. I presume it'll open in May as that's when most coasters in that region open.

Those new pictures look great! It looks bloody high from those pictures and it must be even better when you're face down on that hill. I'm looking forward to seeing more track go up!

Slash

Giga Poster
Rush said:
Urrm... where does it say it has been postponed to Summer '09. I presume it'll open in May as that's when most coasters in that region open.

Those new pictures look great! It looks bloody high from those pictures and it must be even better when you're face down on that hill. I'm looking forward to seeing more track go up!

I read it here, sorry guys. http://www.seaworld.com/sitepage.aspx?PageID=422

Brookes

Giga Poster
^I thought it was officially announced Summer 09 but then they brought the release date forward for springtime.

Mike T

Mega Poster
Manta is scheduled to open in Mid June, around the same time that SheiKra debuted as a floorless coaster.

A

Anonymous

I love Manta's colour scheme, Gives such a good feel to the ride. From the pics it looks like the first drop will be immense.

Its a shame its not opening untill next summer but i suppose its because they are spending alot of time on it which is great so im willing to wait for it :--D

LGMHorus

Roller Poster
Looks great. I think they have a possible winner in their hands. Nice color scheme and the possibility for a great ride, even more if the ride interacts well with water, besides the wing-over.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I'll have to make sure I go in late summer then, so that it's definitely open when I'm there. This is definitely gonna be one of my must rides.