What's new

Manta- B&M Flyer for SWO opening May 22

trav

Mega Poster
AmandaPanda said:
When I last went to Alton, only one of the stations was open all day, and the queues were the longest in the park, apparently one side had broken or something, so lets hope Sea World doesn't have the same problem.

They usually only have one side open when they're expecting it to be a quiet day. Are you sure it wasn't that?

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Well it was only rumours flowting around the park, you see we were in the queue to Air, and we kept saying "Why don't they open the other station!?!" and someone said that that was the problem, and the park was pretty chocablock, the only queue that wasn't long was Oblivions which was like 10 minutes, we walked straight onto Nemesis as we were first riders (meaning me, my boyfriend. my brother and my dad) but we were like 4th row back :(

Ben

CF Legend
I went in July and Kraken still had apes for ops and stacked all three trains at once constantly.

Ben

CF Legend
So? The point was capacity.

Three trains stacking doesn't help capacity.

And neither will a duel station if loading's poor.

Ben

CF Legend
So you hit it on a bad op day

On four separate days? Really? And yes, three trains are great. But when it doesn't help, at all, it's a bit pointless.

And you find a day when they don't slack, and yeah, it'll help. Just gotta find one of those days...

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
I usually complain at them if the queues are long, I shout "COMON! GET A MOVE ON!" They look, I flutter my eyelashes and, well... it works :--D

marc

CF Legend
Every other theme park in Orlando was quiet as it was out of season, but IOA still ran 2 trains on everything they had, just Sea World did not and they should have.

BGA also only ran 1 train on their coasters until the evening.

I have been 4 times now different times of the year and each time they have been slow on Kraken. Never really long queues but there should not have been any queue.

Maybe we got unlucky and maybe they have got better. As you say it can depend which ops are on.

Staff at IOA, BGA and Disney just seemed faster and happier.

All I was getting at was I really hope they can get the through put on a flyer as we all know what they can be like.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Let's get back to Manta construction. I think that it was funny that they had big pieces sitting next to the interstate. No kidding, I could see them everyday from I-4. Anyway, they are starting to get serious. I saw them loading the big supports on to a flat bed. I like the Superman flyers. This one sounds like it is going to be even better than them. Is anyone in Florida as excited about this as I am ? A "big" flyer in my own backyard, alright !

NASHER

Roller Poster
Does anyone know if this is likely to be open for easter '09, as a trip to orlando is on the cards and I would hate to miss something this big by a few months! :wink:

jokerman

Giga Poster
That looks massive. Has the picture been taken from a weird angle to make it look that big? And I must agree that that blue is really nice. I was hoping they wouldn't change it from what we saw when they were painting it.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
****ing hell that is gonna be huge! Just imagine looking down at the top of that lift in the flying position. :eek:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It has been stated for a while that it was going to be more than 40 meters tall, still about ten meters shorter than Tatsu. But as Tatsu is built on a hill, and Manta on flat land, this will look way bigger. And the blue is great too.

Now, I hope for a good layout.