What's new

Manta- B&M Flyer for SWO opening May 22

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Ride it and you will. At least because you have to pass under it to get to it, and no true enthusiast can resist taking a lot of pictures of it.

A few wild guesses on the layout:
I think it will feature a Pretzel Loop somewhere.
It may touch water, but that will only be in one or two spots. It will only do so where it's very visible to the public.
I think it won't be very intense, more flowing, like Air. A noisy coaster (or a quiet coaster with noisy riders) won't be too good for the animals.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
That blue looks really good, but doesn't anybody think that Kraken and this should have the opposite colors? Seriously, Manta's are slow, peaceful creatures, and the Kraken is a mythical beast of the depths...

[/rambling]

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
The dark blue isn't so bad, although if they were going for a blue shade, I would've preferred the SFFT Goliath blue. That's the single best blue I've seen on a coaster. I'm interested to see what the support colors will be. I was hoping for a deep purple, but we'll see. I'm always partial to blue, though, over something like red.

Comet

Roller Poster
The supports are gonna be a lighter shade of blue, they have arrived at a Busch Warehouse in Orlando.
I really like the color scheme. I think the blue used for the track is perfect.

walker1104

Mega Poster
The colours look great, its got a very similar colour scheme to Kraken though, I thought they might have gone for something else.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm disappointed in the support color, but I still love the track color. Hopefully they'll release a layout or start building some more so we can find out what this ride does.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
01.jpg

http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/updates/SWO_10.03.08

Dual-loading station = Evidence of a smartly-run park

But I agree, I'd like to have seena different colour despite this colour being really nice. Maybe a purple or something.

marc

CF Legend
You know what concerns me about this coaster, is the ride ops.

Sea World seem to be slow at loading trains for Kraken let alone a flyer, hope I am proved wrong.

At least this coaster is at the front of the park so you dont have to walk miles to get to it :)

A

Anonymous

Manta Looks Like a really intresting ride with great themeing, hopefully it wont dissapoint.

marc

CF Legend
Yeah SFMM were bad at loading Tatsu and they only had one station open as well.

Due to them taking a long time to load trains we were always left hanging on the brake run. I do hope Sea World ops get faster but judging by Kraken I dont hold out much hope.

Jools

Giga Poster
When I went they were really quick at loading there was never a queue ^

Must of had a good couple of days :lol:

nemesisnutter

Roller Poster
This is looking good, can't wait to see how they combine the aquariums with the ride. Have they constructed the a water splash, because that is normaly the first thing they do. Hope those artist pictures are correct in the way they show that it has a water splash. That will be quite cool on a flyer.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
When I last went to Alton, only one of the stations was open all day, and the queues were the longest in the park, apparently one side had broken or something, so lets hope Sea World doesn't have the same problem.