What's new

Manta- B&M Flyer for SWO opening May 22

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
That does look huge!
A quick questioin, you see the cables attached about halfway up the support, is that just to give it greater stability before the track is in place, or are they permanent? I don't thinki I've ever seen cables like that appearing to steady/support the supports...

Mike T

Mega Poster
Those are construction cables. The coaster will be self supported when its complete. Glad you all liked the update. There will be more coming in the next few days. Things are really picking up at the park, and from my estimates - the lift and drop should be done within the next week or so.

Mike T

Mega Poster
Track has arrived for those segments, as well as others. They're currently being held off site.

Guys just a heads up, RCPro has an update coming tonight showing the lift hill rising above the skyline. Track is in place, to give everybody a good idea just how steep it really is.

www.rollercoasterpro.com

-Mike

Mike T

Mega Poster
Well not necessarily. SheiKra ascends at a 47 degree angle, and judging by what I saw and using the naked eye it seems to be a bit steeper than that. But next time I'll try to get a photo as perpendicular to the supports as possible so you guys can make those judgments. Thanks for your continued interest - you all have more enthusiasm towards the project than the actual readers on RCPro do. :)

Mike T

Mega Poster
You and me both. The best answer I can give you is space. The track intersects with Annie Road, which is an employee entrance to BGT. The footers that are actually on the road are painted bright yellow, so employees have to basically dodge them on their way into work.

Why's SheiKra's lift 47 degrees? I have no idea. Why's the coaster 204 feet and not 200 like advertised lol.

As for Manta, it's interesting because it seems like flying coasters would have a bit of flexibility with how steep the lift could be, due to the seating arrangement of the riders. The only thing you're sacrificing with a steeper lift is that more energy is needed to get it to the top, as opposed to a lesser incline. So much for being environmentally friendly Busch :wink: j/k.

Ollie

CF Legend
Not really been following this construction much.
It looks really good though. Tall and the lift hill looks quite steep.
Should be a great ride once it's finished. :)

A

Anonymous

^Chances are the 47 degrees is just to fit well in the space. A more shallow angle would put more of the pre-drop track right over the train station, which I suspect would make supporting more difficult.

Back to Manta, I'm excited to see how quicly they're getting the lift track put up. Hopefully it won't be too long before we start to see some more of the layout take shape.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^^I thought the same thing about SheiKra. I always thought it was 45*. I also thought that the newer B&M mega coasters had 45* lifts as well, until I found out that Diamondback has only a 40* lift.

Mike T

Mega Poster
Lol I know the reason for the 204 thing, but I was using it as an example to support that argument. The 200 foot drop is what is achieved based on that. Expect another update on Wednesday.

Lofty

CF Legend
Oh good stuff!

I am really liking the steep lift hill, when you are riding air, I find it quiete aching to look up infront of you and look around at the views when you are going up the lifthill, this shouldnt be a problem with the sheer height and angle of this lift.

I'm just so excited to see the layout of this beauty!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Out of seven...

But yeah, it's going to rule, at least from a business perspective (the mantas will propably hate it).

Mike T

Mega Poster
Manta's lift was topped off today and RCPro was there to grab some photos. Drop construction is about 25% done as well - which means the park had to reroute a main artery pathway - making guests travel all the way to the east boundary of the park in order to get to the popular Journey to Atlantis and Kraken attractions. I imagine they will try to expedite the drop construction so that they don't have to keep it this way...

www.rollercoasterpro.com