What's new

Loudest coasters

Status
Not open for further replies.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
Superman, and Tower of terror are both very loud.... How many other coasters have a warning alarm purely due to the noise it makes as it passes overhead?

Jools

Giga Poster
Nemesis was only really loud after they changed the wheels that time, other than that it seems pretty average.

Colossus at Thorpe Park!; Especially loud next to the cobra roll, If you order something at the Hot DOgs & Nachos place you can't hear anything :lol:

Pepsi Max Big One; In the queue to Infusion it is particualrly notable!

And the noises that Boomerangs come out with such as Station brakes, the brakes on the hill before the return and the thud it makes when the train is released are also loud; Well they are on Wipeout.

Other than that can't think of any others :?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Colossus is kinda an annoying loud. Especially on the turn under the first drop. It sounds like a train of farting shopping trolly's hitting speed bumps in a Tesco car park.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
The Big One, when it goes over the escape staircases, is the loudest thing I can think of at the moment. To digress a little though, Mystery Castle at Phantasialand is deafening when it launches!

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
Great Bear is pretty loud. Standing in the bottom part of the queue for Sooperdooperlooper made me feel like I was going deaf whenever the train flew by.

Other than that, I say Hypersonic, Dominator, and Sidewinder

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
I think stealth at thorpe park, the launch is loud.
Colossus makes a very loud clank when it leaves the lifthill
nemesis makes a loud roar aswell

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
-Colossus makes an awful noise
-Corkscrew made a terrible wining noise
-Nemesis and its roar
-Th13teen´s drop system seems quiet, but... go to the backstage, the release of air is terrible and the recharge of air.

Error

Strata Poster
I don't know about loud, but certainly annoying is Iron Dragon. The tunking noise it makes anytime it swings it really weird. I thought it was normal until I rode Flight Deck. I even remember Marc pointing it out to me:

Marc: "Do you hear that?"
Joe: "Hear what?"
Marc: "Exactly."

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
robbeal said:
The Big One, when it goes over the escape staircases, is the loudest thing I can think of at the moment.

The company I work for once put in "sound absorption" material on that section to reduce the noise of it. There had been complaints from the locals, so we came in and put the stuff up.

It all fell apart due the strong vibrations :lol:

It was good doing the press releases back then though, with all these shots of the coaster. Pity it was just a bit before my time and digital cameras, so I never got to go and climb the structure and take the photos :)

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Nitro has an EXTREMELY loud lift motor. I don't know why it's so loud but it's almost deafening standing next to it in line. Great American Scream Machine also (used to make :() a really loud screech when it hit the MCBR that you could hear from Superman UF's queue.

Can't really think of many other loud rides, I never pay attention.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Superman: The Escape, nothing even comes remotely close to it. Mamba's lift is pretty loud, but not loud enough to hear across the park, let alone in the station.

A

Anonymous

Colossus - Thorpe Park

Colossus at Thorpe Park is pretty loud. You can hear it echo across the water.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Mantis at CP has a great roar that can be heard almost everywhere in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.