Loudest coasters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
CreditCrazy said:
Superman THe Escape is by far the loudest coaster...ever.
Ben said:
Superman The Escape! Nothing, no B&M, no Impulse, nothing I've ever heard comes even close to that ridiculous noise.
marc said:
I kept looking for a jet plane, that thing is so loud.
Jake said:
'Is it a plane, is it a plane?

No, it's Superman: The Escape'
QTF. Nothing is louder.

Tomatron said:
And they only run one side at a time now. I can't imagine what it's like when both trains are going! :shock:
Has never happened. They have always only run one side or the other. The year the coaster opened they tried alternating sides, but found it was quicker to just launch from one side.

wabbit42

Mega Poster
1. Big Thunder Mountain, Disney Paris, lift hill in the dark is the loudest I have ever heard

2. Colossus, Thorpe Park, Rattles the whole way round!

DDF14

Mega Poster
Original Vampire ride trains 3 running created that fabulous echo..
Tomahawk , PA , nice loud wood..

Martyn B

CF Legend
Colossus sounds like its ripping itself apart. It scream's and bangs and woOOoo's

LOL, so true.

The one other thing I didn't like about Flamingo Land was that you could hear pretty much every large ride from anywhere in the park.

Volcano at FI is incredibly loud too, but then it has had its sound proofing removed!!

andrus

Giga Poster
I have to say nemesis. I guess it aint louder than any other B&M coaster but you can hear the roar very clearly hence the que line is so close to the actual ride.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Rock 'N' Rollercoaster? :lol:

On a more serious note, I agree on Colossus. Skyways (Pinfari Zyklon) that used to be at Brean was also incredibly noisy, along with many other Pinfari poops

Echoes

Mega Poster
A lot of the 90s B&Ms are pretty loud. Mantis and Raptor come quickly to mind, and of course there's Kumba's godly roar.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Nemesis last Scarefest sounded like a squadron of F-15s on reheat crashing into a mountain while blowing explosive factories up.

It was orgasmically loud.

PMBO is VERY loud on the bits it passes Infusion.

Nic

Strata Poster
Neal has a point! hehe

However, superman the escape is clearly the loudest thing in the universe. Eugh. <\3

Slash

Giga Poster
Nemesis, man that roar never quietens. Colossus is really rattley whilst Nemesis is a major roar. Much rather hear Nemesis.

On the other hand, did anyone notice Saw is almost silent.

Snoo

The Legend
I was in shock when I first heard it.. thinking that could ACTUALLY be the sound a coaster could make?

marc

CF Legend
For the 1st hour of the day we kept looking for jet planes, next time I go I will be a geek and use my iPhone to see how loud it is lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.