What's new

Loudest coasters

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropZone99

Mega Poster
The tile pretty much says it all...

1. Son of Beast's anti roll back system can be heard from just about everywhere in the park.

2. Raptor has one of the best B&M Roars I've ever heard.

3. Mindbender's (SFOG) two inversions are pretty loud especially compared to the rest of the ride. I'm guessing because the change of track style. Since the track on the inversions changes to more of a B&M Style, the noise produced has no where to go since it's not skeletal track like the rest of the layout so the sounds go backwards under the train and makes a roar. I think that's how the famous B&M Roar, and Schwarzkopf loops make they're signature noises.

4. Top Thrill Dragster's launch...

Can't think of more right now.

DropZone99

Mega Poster
^ Yeah Mantis has one of the better roars. Diamondback's roar was weak until just about a month and a half ago it all the sudden got an amazing roar that can be heard all over the park.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Vortex at CGA and Riddler's at SFMM at very loud B&M roar's but...

Superman THe Escape is by far the loudest coaster...ever.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I haven't really heard many "loud", coasters. But I can note a couple down.

- Colossus (Thorpe Park): This is probably the main rollercoaster that causes a complete racket; you can hear it from the car park clearly! But I love the noise of it! The sound of the clank-clank-clank as the train leaves the lift hill; the roar of it as it pummels through the loop and cobra; the rattle as it reaches top speed; excellent.

- Dragon Khan (PortAventura): This has such a violent roar to it; the sound as it hits the cobra roll can be deafening!

That's about it really. :)

Brookes

Giga Poster
^I agree about Colossus especially when you first walk into the area and it goes through the cobra roll it was really loud.

Nemesis is another one for me really, really loud.

Can't think of anymore at the moment.

Uh Steel Venom at Geauga Lake (which is now at Dorney but I dunno if it makes the same noise) was really loud, and it made this nasty screechy sound when it went through the station. Wicked Twister is kind of loud when you're in the station as well, but not as loud as Steel Venom was.

Mantis has a crazy roar, and Dragster has the sound going down the launch track that you can hear in many spots around the park.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Nemesis seemed pretty loud during it's extra loudness period.

And Steel Venom/Voodoo/Possessed has that screechy noise coming through the station still.

DropZone99

Mega Poster
Vertical Velocity (SFGAm) also makes that screeching noise. And Flight of Fear is extremely loud inside the bowl.

RCF

Strata Poster
Both Mr. Freeze and Batman at SFOT have big roars. You can at least hear Mr. Freeze from the other side of the park, and Batman is pretty loud too.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Mantis sounds bloody amazing :) Like really loud.

Nemesis's roar is fairly loud.

Actually any non-sandfilled Beemer sounds very loud. But then I suppose thats the whole point of the sand to lower the noice lol.

Colossus sounds like its ripping itself apart. It scream's and bangs and woOOoo's.

How about Mavericks LSM's starting? Theres like a massive thud and rumble just before it goes.

Spinball must be worth a mention! The brakes!

I must add, when Infernos bearings have screwed up, its funny loud! Normaly though quite silent.

Ben

CF Legend
Superman The Escape! Nothing, no B&M, no Impulse, nothing I've ever heard comes even close to that ridiculous noise.

Vertical Velocity (SFGAm) also makes that screeching noise. And Flight of Fear is extremely loud inside the bowl

I didn't think Vertical Velocity was that loud.. Well, it was loud but I didnt think the noise stuck out as much as Steel Venom's did.

marc

CF Legend
Ben said:
Superman The Escape! Nothing, no B&M, no Impulse, nothing I've ever heard comes even close to that ridiculous noise.

I kept looking for a jet plane, that thing is so loud.

Jake

Strata Poster
'Is it a plane, is it a plane?

No, it's Superman: The Escape'

G Force at Drayton also deserves a mention, although it's not quite as bad now they've changed the wheels.

Any coaster that makes you stop a conversation whilst it is in motion is too loud IMO.

Oh, and Colossus when it went through the 'screeching' stage, back in 2003ish, before it rattled, but sounded like nails on a blackboard... horrid!

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Ben said:

And they only run one side at a time now. I can't imagine what it's like when both trains are going! :shock:

Gladiator

Mega Poster
Kebab said:
- Colossus (Thorpe Park): This is probably the main rollercoaster that causes a complete racket; you can hear it from the car park clearly! But I love the noise of it! The sound of the clank-clank-clank as the train leaves the lift hill; the roar of it as it pummels through the loop and cobra; the rattle as it reaches top speed; excellent.
Completely Agree

A

Anonymous

PMBO lift hill and the hills passing infusion are loud.

Nemesis roars like mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.