What's new

Longest line/wait?

Mr. X

Roller Poster
For a coaster only: Probably not more than an hour for anything. I have good luck with coaster lines. However, I've waited that hour for many different coasters.

Longest line for any ride: Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage for 2 and a half hours. "Ugh" is all I can say about that.

Artichoke

Mega Poster
The longest line I've been in was when I was waiting to ride Space Mountain at Disney World. An hour in a half. And hot as **** out.

A

Anonymous

My first trip to FujiQ, it was probably the least productive day ever at a themepark...

Even though our bus to the park left an hour earlier than the bus company said was necessary we ended up caught in holiday traffic and arrived an hour after the park opened...
First up was Fujiyama with a nice 45 minute wait.
Due to the fact that Dodonpa and Eejanaika was closed at this time we opted to go for Zola 7 (walk-on) and then got in line for the Crazy Mouse.
After waiting for 30 minutes for the Mouse we saw that Dodonpa had started to test, and we decided that Dodonpa >>>>> Crazy Mouse, so we left and headed there instead...
Only to arrive at the entrance and see a 2.5 hour queue...
When we finally got out of that one Eejanaika was running so we looked something quick to eat (that didn't have a 30+ minute long queue) got in line to ride Eejanaika, and ended up waiting 4 hours due to 1 train operation and ridiculous long loading time...
And it was tome to get home at this point...

The next time I went there then I got through the park in 5 hours.

michaellll

Mega Poster
NejiHyuga900 said:
I longest queuing line I heard (but I did not go to) was Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit @ Universal Studios at the Universal Studio Resort. When I went to my Senior High School GradBash 2010 at Universal Studios / Islands of Adventure, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit was approximately 3 hours long so I did not bother going on it.

I feel you. I think I might have rode hulk once, and didn't ride any other coasters. I just chilled in universal riding MIB over and over. No wait for that. lol.

I know I've spent hours and hours waiting for various rides over my lifetime, but I know I've spent almost 3 hours waiting for HRRR, and I think about 2 hours and change for the beast.

the beast was very. very. very worth it.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Longest line I have ever seen was about three and a half hours for the finding nemo ride a disneyland about 15 minutes after the park opened. Longest waited in was probably about an hour for Millennium Force, TTD, and Terminator Salvation.

Amanolive

Roller Poster
I waited about an hour and a half for El Toro -- totally worth it since it's now my favorite coaster.

Most ridiculous wait, though, was for the The Dark Knight at the same park. I thought it was supposed to be good but I waited a good hour for that and that ride was sh_t.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
For a ride it was pirates of the Caribbean at Disney World Orlando bout 3 hours
for a coaster it was 2 hours for Top Gun (ie Flight Deck) at Canada's WonderLand

fretboardpyro

Mega Poster
Easy this one:

The year was 1994, the ride in question was Nemesis the queue time was as near as made no difference 4 hours and it was a stupidly hot day! Still, you could smoke in the queue's back then so all was well!

madhjsp

Giga Poster
The most consistently long wait that I've experienced has to be Volcano at Kings Dominion, which almost never has a line shorter than 45 minutes but isn't usually longer than 1 hr,15 min either. The longest I've ever waited for a ride was probably the ~2 hours I spent waiting for TTD.

Sam

Giga Poster
I queued over 5 hours for Dragster when I was at Cedar Point (opening year or possibly the year after, can't quite remember...) and it was **** worth it- I knew I wouldn't be going back to Cedar Point for a long time and the ride was obviously one of a kind and a bit of a phenomenon back then.

Strangely I queued only about 2 hours for Kingda Ka the year that opened.... though I was fortunate to have visited the park on a very quiet day.

When I was at Alton Towers a several years ago, I got talking to some people in the queue who were behind us as we queued for Air who informed us that some friends of theirs had queued 10 hours (didn't get to even see any other rides, they went to the queue when they arrived at 10am ish and were there till 10pm) for Air a few months earlier (it was the year Air opened)..... I obviously don't know if they or their friends had been exaggerating, but I do believe the bit about it being the whole time they were at the park..... **** that for a laugh, how gutted would you be?

Sam

Giga Poster
Re:

ciallkennett said:
I read out a couple of chapters of To Kill A Mockingbird to pass the time..........

I was reading them aloud

Wow, I bet that was one scintillating queuing experience for those around you. You could perhaps apply to work at Thorpe as a sort of queue line 'entertainer' to keep the guests happy. I bet they'd snap you right up!

Snoo

The Legend
^Agreed. Great book.

Sam said:
I queued over 5 hours for Dragster when I was at Cedar Point (opening year or possibly the year after, can't quite remember...) and it was **** worth it- I knew I wouldn't be going back to Cedar Point for a long time and the ride was obviously one of a kind and a bit of a phenomenon back then.

Strangely I queued only about 2 hours for Kingda Ka the year that opened.... though I was fortunate to have visited the park on a very quiet day.

Agreed in every way. Waited 4.5 hours myself.. and loved it. Went on a busload of people and myself and my friend were the only people to get on it. As for KK.. I waited 10 minutes when I rode it.. :p

fishman100

Mega Poster
2.5 hours last year for Farenheit (at Hershey Park).

NOT worth the wait, even though I got the front seat.

I think I just about bored myself to sleep in the line :p

thx

Mega Poster
I'm not really sure which is the longest I've queued, I know there are like 5 occasions when I've stood in line around 1h 30 mins - 1h 50 mins which would be for Air, Kanonen, Rita and then for some reason I can't remember the other rides.

reddude333

Giga Poster
^ lol, when I went to MM I rode superman 9 times in a row only getting out of the car to try different seats :-D