What's new

Longest line/wait?

reddude333

Giga Poster
gavin said:
tomahawKSU said:
Other than that X2 I have probably pulled in more wait times in the 2-3 hour range than on any other ride. Probably average wait time is 2 hours, the ops on that ride are horrible.

I waited 15 minutes for it.

Just thought you'd like to know.

xx

That's ridiculous...and I think I envy you, lol :p

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Because I usually go single rider or I go with a local disability group which would get disability passes for the group (including me), The longest I've waited is around 1-1.5 for River Quest at Phantasialand.

Error

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I think at the 2008 Cedar Point Live we waited a little over three hours for Dragster because it had breakdowns like, every ten minutes.

I remember that. I also remember I had to wait almost 2 hours for you to get off since I just got off work.

The longest I've seen was 5 hours for Millennium Force, since it was a busy day and they were running only one train. The longest I've waited was an hour and a half, but that's for most any good coaster at CP.

I usually don't go in lines that are terribly long, since I don't know of any ride that's worth more then a 45 minute wait.

JTRCBOY97

Roller Poster
I have waited 4.5 hours for Rita Queen of Speed at alton towers, the queue didnt look long but the fact was we couldnt see half of the queue so we couldnt be bothered to turn back, but it was a great ride, not worth 4 hours though, maybe 2 :--D

Brookes

Giga Poster
^Something must have gone seriously wrong for it to be four and a half hours. There's no way there is space under normal operations to hold that amount of people.

Anyway, for me I think it was Scarefest 2009 when there was the powercut. We had already queued over an hour for Rita, got near the station... then there was a powercut. We stayed a while but realised it wasn't being fixed. I think we were in it about two hours before leaving.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
3 and a half hours for Nemesis Inferno at night in the freezing cold on one of the Fright Nights in 2009. I kept telling everyone, including myself that it'd be worth it. Surprisingly, I wasn't their favourite person during the wait (how?!) but the ride-op was very generous and let us stay on for an extra go without getting off. Ka-ching.

The other 3 hour plus queue was back in June 2009 when Kyle came over from the States and we queued for Stealth. It was my first time riding a launched coaster so the long wait was just making my anxiety go crazy. I seem to remember Joey laughing at me lots for keep watching the 80mph launch and getting scared.

I usually avoid a ride now if it has a waiting time of 2 hours or more, and head for a flat ride instead since the queues aren't usually that long.

walker1104

Mega Poster
Coaster wise, probably Air at almost 2 hours. Can't think of anytime I've queued longer than that. Although I probably queued about that for Saw last summer.

But the longest I have queued was for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey last July. The queue itself was about 2.5 hours. But with at least two breakdowns, it ended up being about 3.5. That amount of time in the Florida heat in mid July wasn't fun. Especially seen as though we had no drinks or anything due to everything having to be left in the lockers.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
SnooSnoo said:
4.5 hours for Maverick
Ah shut it, you didn't have to do the run of the bulls and wait in the rain on Mav's opening day! :razz:

Some favorite moments spent in line were:

3 hours 22 minutes for MF

3 hours 50 minutes for TTD

3 hours for Space Mountain Disneyland (CA)

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Just over 3 hours for Saw I believe, the Easter holidays of when it opened. That was just before Alfonso on the gate started letting us in Fastrack with our annual pass for no reason, so got a good few rides in around half an hour thanks to that! Then a stupid woman came and told us it was a mistake.

2nd place is 2 hours for Oblivion on an extremely hot day I believe. Really makes you realise how short that ride is when you queue that long for it.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
about 1.5-2 hours for either stealth or saw

also had an unexpectedly long wait for crushes coaster at dlp

oh uyeah - and not forgetting the wait for the bobsleigh at heide park during euro live!

Louis!

Mega Poster
3.5 hours for Dragon Khan. It was Good Friday. Not sure it was really worth it looking back, but I thought it was at the time.

Rush

Giga Poster
It would probably have to be the 2 hours we waited for Saw on it's "opening" day only to NOT got on it. ¬_¬

andrus

Giga Poster
2 hours for Furius Baco. At first it even broke down so we had to come back later in the day! A shame it had such a long line cuz that made us only go on it once :(

coasterC

Roller Poster
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror was a 3 hour queue but felt like longer. Boiling day too.. with a breakdown as we joined the queue leaving only one elevator running. :/

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
My ex-wife waited in line for Goliath at 6FMM about 5 hours before it broke at 1AM and they kicked everyone out of the park. When we went back, we waited nearly 3 hours for it.

Needless to say, she didn't think it was worth an 8-hour wait.

I've had some ridiculous waits for Kingda Ka, Dragster and Maverick, that including down times exceeded 3 or 4 hours each.

Needless to say, I'm not a huge Intamin fan. ;)

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
It was wierd though, I felt like zero thrill after watching the train cycle in front of my eyes. At least Medusa was running like a newborn in 2005. Ahhhh... Memories....