What's new

Longest line/wait?

s15c

Mega Poster
45 minutes for Magnum. I would've rather had that time back so I could sleep. Forget the ride, it's awful.

Emmett

Giga Poster
The longest I've queued for was around 2 hours for Loup-Garou at Walibi, Belgium and the next was Mumbo Jumbo at Flamingoland about a week after it opened. My worst queue experience ever with the park full of scumbags that day. Took about an hour and a half.

reddude333

Giga Poster
s15c said:
45 minutes for Magnum. I would've rather had that time back so I could sleep. Forget the ride, it's awful.

Wait, so you've been to Cedar Point and the longest wait you have ever had was for Magnum?!?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
3 and a half hours for Saw at the end of the day once due to multiple and prolonged breakdowns - I read out a couple of chapters of To Kill A Mockingbird to pass the time. When I left the queue, we bought the ORP and the guy asked if we wanted to "Collect now, or at the end of the day"...

Nearest to that would be Stealth on my first visit to Thorpe where I queued 2 and a half for it.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^It took you three and half hours to read a couple of chapters of To Kill a Mockingbird?

Nic

Strata Poster
Somewhere in the region of 4.5 hours for Nemesis, in opening year, on fireworks weekend. It was so bad, that Dad came on to avoid spending the whole time sat on a bench by himself. He never usually rides anything (The mine train thing at BobbieJobbie land totally freaked him out last year!)

s15c

Mega Poster
reddude333 said:
s15c said:
Wait, so you've been to Cedar Point and the longest wait you have ever had was for Magnum?!?
I'm good at planning. And we had the hotel package thing so we could get into the park an hour early to get on the good rides before the park opened to the rest of the public.

That, and I can't just stand in a line for an hour and a half. I would die of boredom. So around noon when the lines are long for all but Blue Streak, Corkscrew, and Mean Streak, I either go back to the hotel room with a re-entry stamp or do a Mean Streak marathon <3 Nobody likes Mean Streak but me.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
gavin said:
^It took you three and half hours to read a couple of chapters of To Kill a Mockingbird?

In all fairness, I was reading them aloud, and it wasn't for the whole of the queueline, probably for about an hour of it.

T0M

Hyper Poster
I think I can remember 3-4 hours for Oblivion in 1998. I can recall nothing more than that anywhere though.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Thats horrific considering the through-put. I can specifically remember my 1998 visit, I think the queue was about an hour. I guess you either visited at peak times, or you had bad luck with breakdowns etc.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Mean Streak is a pile of ****. That is all.

Jools

Giga Poster
I think it was 3 or 4 hours for Rita when it opened and I went during the summer holidays, I think it was the same for Spinball.

reddude333

Giga Poster
KDGrizzly4Life said:
Mean Streak wasn't that bad. I walked on to it twice when i went. I've certainly been on better though.

Considering how big it is and how epic it looks...yeah, it was just rough and not that fast...

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
2.5 hours for Challenge of Tutankhamon in Walibi Belgium in 2003. It was during this hot summer while it was about 96,8 °F and because CoT has the hottest queue ever (even during winter) it was about 104°F.

Snoo

The Legend
reddude333 said:
KDGrizzly4Life said:
Mean Streak wasn't that bad. I walked on to it twice when i went. I've certainly been on better though.

Considering how big it is and how epic it looks...yeah, it was just rough and not that fast...

Agreed.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Mean Streak is alright. I'll only ride it if it is walk on or has a 3> minute wait.

Of course we waited some 20-30 minutes this summer to get the Brits their cred. :roll:

LINKY

Roller Poster
2 Hours For Thirteen At Alton Towers.
Because People stopped half way round at the shop to f#cking buy drinks!

NejiHyuga900

Roller Poster
I longest queuing line I heard (but I did not go to) was Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit @ Universal Studios at the Universal Studio Resort. When I went to my Senior High School GradBash 2010 at Universal Studios / Islands of Adventure, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit was approximately 3 hours long so I did not bother going on it.