What's new

Liseberg | Helix | Mack Megacoaster

Re: Liseberg | "Project Helix" | Mack Megacoaster

Probably not. R&E are on a cruise this week, IIRC, not in Sweden. Give credit to the photographer, not the site you happened to see the picture at.

(Ugh. Too many college papers, bibliographies and citing sources)

Oh that's being nitpicky! Yes, loefet is the source. But since the picture is published on TPR the webpage is a second hand source. And as far as I know our old friend loefet (who used to be a CF member) do not have any blog or other place where he post his pictures. So that means that TPR would be the only place you can find the picture, and hence it wouldn't be totally wrong to call it a first hand source!

A link to the the original photo, or the photos, in the thread of what forum they were posted on should always be included when you post photos. No exceptions.

^ Nice contribution there...

Andrus is right, though.

Ethan said:

Andrus is right, though.

I will quote the rules of the board for you:
When quoting a news item from another web site or source, you must link to the original article.

So no, none of you are right.
This also makes my contribution justified, while yours is just pointless.

Are you still going on? Is the fact that I didn't link the picture back to TPR really affecting your life that much? Stop spamming this topic and your welcome for the update.

_koppen said:
Ethan said:

Andrus is right, though.

I will quote the rules of the board for you:
When quoting a news item from another web site or source, you must link to the original article.

So no, none of you are right.
This also makes my contribution justified, while yours is just pointless.

Ladies put your handbags away!

Koppen, yeah you're right but there was no need for you to post just to correct people and make them aware of their mistakes, it makes you look like a douchebag, especially as you're not even contributing on the subject. Owen has credited a source, and we generally always credit the website, RCDB, TPR etc so he's not doing it against the grain. I'm sure a mod will PM him if they wish him to change how he uploads and credits photo's.

Owen, thanks for the update.

As for the coaster, I'm going to follow construction closely as I'll be riding this next year. The layout looks excellent and I'm pretty excited to ride this to be honest. However, I'm going to keep it contained for the minute as it may not live up to everyone's expectations. Blue Fire is an excellent family coaster but not a brilliant thrill coaster, it's going to be interesting how this coaster ends up. Either way though I'm positive it will be solid one way or another.

Right, to nip this in the bud (several weeks after it bloomed) :p

It's a bit of a grey area that the "rules" don't exactly cover. The problem is, if TPR have got the image and it's been copied in there from an "official news source" and not credited, then if we credit TPR, we're perpetuating an incorrect source. I think this is what rollermonkey was getting at, you credit the photographer as they are the real source.

However, we're just on a public forum, no money has changed hands and we're not professionals or academics (in terms of being forum posters that is ;) ). Nobody expects a member to spend hours trying to find the root source for the original photo.

Essentially, the rule is there to stop people from claiming images as their own. As the image is watermarked, it's clearly somebody else's. In these cases, a link would be preferred, so that at least people can backtrack, but not absolutely required.

We would ask all users to convey the same respect towards links of source sites as they would convey to us when using photos posted on here as a source.

Definitely going to be watching the construction carefully! Looking forward to making a trip over to Liseberg next year :) And the fact that IMAScore are doing the soundtrack too, excited doesn't cover it!

Beginning to look rather sexy.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ProjektHelixLiseberg

1395239_655916321097063_1887968829_n.jpg

576640_655580361130659_1151353895_n.jpg

The track looks black in that picture. I thought it was supposed to be a very dark green. Is this part of the coaster really black or is the light making it look black even though it's green?

It's looking amazing, though! Looks like there'll be a nice snap at the top of that corkscrew!

I think it's just the lighting. It looks like it's a very dark green to me.

This is one of my most anticipated coasters to ride. Blue Fire is amazing and this looks a lot better. I wish they would have released a better virtual POV of the ride though.

Oooh. This is looking very good indeed.

Is it next year yet so I can get myself to Sweden for some cred-nabbing and ride this awesome coaster? :)