What's new

Liseberg | Helix | Mack Megacoaster

Re: Liseberg | "Project Helix" | Mack Megacoaster

Hadn't heard much so had a quick scan of the net, they are still clearing most of the area and have put a lot of footers in as well as the main substation being erected.
The site is still a mess but things should really start happening when they close for the season in about 3 weeks. It's incredible how they are going to fit it in, space is very tight in places.

The first track piece arrived at Liseberg today!

551300_701791763183726_244988468_n.jpg

Feels likes I've been waiting a decade for this ride. Definitely looking forward to the final product.

Finally some track! I can't wait for the layout to be erected!

There are a whole bunch of new photos of Helix trackwork released on the construction blog:

trianglar.jpg

controll.jpg

bendpipe.jpg

bending.jpg

welding.jpg

track1.jpg

track2.jpg

Pretty interesting stuff! I was impressed by the machine that bend the rails with 1 millimeter in precision. I guess that B&M has to use something similar in their production? But from what I remember watching a Vekoma documentary they do all the track bending manually. No wonder there's a huge difference in smoothness between Blue Fire and your average Vekoma coaster! :p

It looks like RCS is going to be the one responsible for the construction of the coaster, which is great as they are usually really fast! They built the one in Heide Park as well.

Work with footers continue, and apparently Lisebergbanan is now closed.

235642d1381189053-2014-neuheit-projekt-helix-mack-launch-coaster-liseberg-schweden-thumb_helix_10_01_03.jpg

235646d1381189059-2014-neuheit-projekt-helix-mack-launch-coaster-liseberg-schweden-thumb_helix_10_01_07.jpg

235659d1381189078-2014-neuheit-projekt-helix-mack-launch-coaster-liseberg-schweden-thumb_helix_10_02_27.jpg

235667d1381189092-2014-neuheit-projekt-helix-mack-launch-coaster-liseberg-schweden-thumb_helix_10_03_05.jpg

It's certainly a darker green than I was expecting from the renders. I think I like this better.

Found a nice Helix quote from Mr. Stengel himself, from the recent EAS, to the CEO of Liseberg:
"If you succeeds with the project, then Helix will be one of the best coasters ever created".

Feels good!

^ What impresses me most about Helix is the engineering involved. After seeing the groundwork and trying to work out the layout, there is something special about it. It certainly has the potential to be a top 10 ride providing it has intensity and fluidity. They are the two key factors that make up a good coaster imo, but for some reason I reckon it'll lack intensity. Still looks great, techincally brillaint and it'll be fun.

It is the moment we have been waiting for!!

It says that it will soon get company of more supports, and if everything goes according to plan meybe even some track.

Edit: Saw that Liseberg had commented the photo saying that track might go up already tomorrow.

Part1.jpg

Part2.jpg

Part3.jpg

http://projekthelix.se/forsta-pelaren-pa-plats/

Not sure if this has been posted, but a week ago the park posted this... In English!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts6KIydz65A[/youtube]

It's hilarious how much they ignore Kanonen, even when it's in the background of the picture

^^ That has been out since the announcement.

Anyways, first piece of track getting installed!
Really excited for this!

1383225_643023912386304_816095083_n.jpg

The crane matches :p

Hearing that from Stengel is huge. He has a clue what he's doing, so it will be interesting to see if everybody else agrees.

New video posted by the park.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AykCYXgHPH0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUNgfTS0URVLKN-Ho5M6SLkw[/youtube]