What's new

Liseberg | Helix | Mack Megacoaster

^ There will be no more vertical construction of the coaster until after new year. The park is open for Christmas season now, so it's not really possible for them to lift any track in place, without interrupting the guests.

The trains look excellent, and I'm really looking forward to getting a taste of this in July. However I'm looking forward to Alpina Blitz more, is that strange? I've already been on a Blue Fire, and enjoyed it. But it didn't blow me away. I've a feeling Alpina Blitz may just do that, probably because it doesn't have inversions. But, I enjoyed Blue Fire's inversions. I'm confused.

They're both going to be fab!

The inboard neons remind me of an 18 year old chav's Corsa. Still though, it'd be cool if it had them.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

Some more pictures as Liseberg opens for christmas!
thumb_helix_11_4_05.jpg

thumb_helix_11_4_04.jpg

thumb_helix_11_4_06.jpg

thumb_helix_11_4_08.jpg

thumb_helix_11_4_09.jpg

Looking very nice and twisty! :--D

This is going to be fantastic. That's all I can think to say, I can't wait to see more! :lol:

Screaming Coasters said:
Its gonna be amazing, but damn, the track looks ugly!

You shut your mouth. ;)

I really like the look of it, but it'll look like utter crap once the paint on the rails peels and/or fades off.

Posted while reading your mind.

Nemesis Inferno said:
You're assuming the Scandis won't look after it though...

I don't think it'll be a problem...

The paint on the rails will fade unless it's repainted monthly. There's really no way around that.

Posted while reading your mind.

The track shape sort of looks like intamin triangle track, which I like.
The colour isn't the most desirable thing in the world, but I still like the looks of this coaster.
I cannot wait to see testing and once the trains start going around.

By the look of it, this seems to be a coaster with more of constant speed. Obviously the launches achieve that but the uneven landscape gives that impression with the long drop after the zero-g/corkscrew near the drop tower.

I really can't wait to see the coaster complete with all of it's terrain and landscaping finalised. Such an exciting concept.

This coaster gets uglier with every new update, but I have to say, it'll probably be one of the most unique looping coasters out there. Can't wait to see this thing complete!

^Haha seriously?! I think it just gets sexier and sexier with each new pic I see! I guess that just proves how different peoples taste can be... :p

Construction Update
http://projekthelix.se/monteringen-ar-igang-igen/ (translated)
Liseberg said:
Today, on 23 January, we greet our experts from RCS welcome back to Liseberg. It's good to see the crane in place on the mountain again. RCS is in place to continue the installation of the web posts and rails. They have run started right and continue up at Lisebergstornet where they did the last Assemblies 2013.

Here are some pictures from today's assembly.

2014helixG.jpg

2014helixD.jpg

2014helixA.jpg

2014helixB.jpg

The second picture is fantastic, I love how low the track is at that point and they are using the terrain brilliantly. Super Sexy.