What's new

Linnanmäki | Taiga | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

bernatc22

Mega Poster
Whine all you want but to me this looks at the same level if not better than Taron and Helix. Yes, it has a little less theming and overall atmosphere, but that does not mean it doesn't have any! Compare this theming to anything under a chain park in the US and then you can start to realize that, at the very least, the effort is there.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster
Oh yes compared to the intricate theme of Helix
Never said it was intricate, and I know you're just posting for the reaction (as usual), but Helix has more character than this. But you obviously disagree and that's fine by me, it's what the forums are here for.
Whine all you want but to me this looks at the same level if not better than Taron and Helix.
Not sure if sharing an opinion is always comparable to whining.
Compare this theming to anything under a chain park in the US and then you can start to realize that, at the very least, the effort is there.
I feel like this is the same as saying"I have it bad but there are people in the world that have it worse off". Again, the coaster looks like it could be really, really great fun. I'm just sad that it appears to lack character and atmosphere so far from what I've seen, but I didn't really expect Taron level theming from Linnanmäki anyway, it's just not that kind of park. Obviously some people disagree with this, and whatever, I didn't realise people got so offended about one opinion in a pool of many positive ones.

Jussunen

Roller Poster
Hi, I was yesterday at Taiga's media event. Here are some pictures from there:
I'll post an on-ride and queue line walk video later today to my YouTube channel HuvipuistoKupla.

The theming on this ride is pretty good and the IMAscore soundtrack is amazing! The theming is of cource not better than on Taron but better than Maverick and Helix can offer. There are many lights so it will be even better in the dark but because Finnish summer, we don't see dark even at night before Autumn comes.

The ride itself was amazing! I've ridden Maverick, Helix, Taron and now Taiga so I'll compare Taiga to them. The air time was maybe the best on any of those rides. The first launch was really good - maybe as good as Taron's first launch. The second wasn't that good but good still. Hang time was amazing! The only problem was the lenght - "only" one minute ride.

This is how I would rank those coasters' layouts:
1. Helix
2. Taiga
3. Taron
4. Maverick

Theming:
1. Taron
2. Taiga
3. Helix
4. Maverick

I hope you understood my Finnish English.

Edit: Link to the video:

Edit 2: fixed the Imgur link

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
Watching the POV, it looks ok but doesn't blow me away. That being said, Mack launchers tend to look tame as hell (Copperhead Strike) in POVs while they're actually quite an enjoyable ride. Given the high praise from the man above me, I can imagine my "meh" feelings can be proven wrong but it will take some time for me to get there. :D

PetskuC

Mega Poster
After riding Taiga a bit, I did notice a slight rattle in the back row at two points during the ride. The first being the myandering turns into the second launch, and at the tight turn next to the station. It really wasn't bad, but it was noticeable. I only felt it in the back row however, the front row was buttery smooth

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I think it does have a lack of atmosphere, but that’s not because it doesn’t have theming, it’s because there arn’t any trees, there’s no greenery and the ride is placed next to a warehouse and a road. It just looks like an industrial estate. I hope they plant out the area underneath, at least add some plants. Helix has a great atmosphere because of the trees.

Hutch

Strata Poster
It looks great! Lots of funky inversions and cool turns, and a bit of airtime as well. It also doesn't seem lose it's pace that much either, other than that S-bend breather halfway through the ride.

With regards to the Helix/Taron comparions, I can understand the lack of atmosphere argument. Helix and Taron definitely seem more aesthetically pleasing with their respective locations, but they also seem to have better close interactions, whether it be with the terrain or other rides. Taron obviously has the incredible theming and tight interactions and Helix looks great up on the hill and swooping over other rides. But Taiga just seems more open and is sitting on concrete.

Arttu

Roller Poster
I think it does have a lack of atmosphere, but that’s not because it doesn’t have theming, it’s because there arn’t any trees, there’s no greenery and the ride is placed next to a warehouse and a road. It just looks like an industrial estate. I hope they plant out the area underneath, at least add some plants. Helix has a great atmosphere because of the trees.

Previous ride Vonkaputous had amazing forest and hilly sides around the Premier Rides track. Unfortunately we lost it while they build taiga. Greenery is coming back nicely and there's trees planted. Nothing grows in seconds

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Seeing as this is now open to the public - unstickied! :)

Ben

CF Legend
Never said it was intricate, and I know you're just posting for the reaction (as usual), but Helix has more character than this. But you obviously disagree and that's fine by me, it's what the forums are here for.

This is literally absolute bollocks though.

You are trying to say a ride doesn't have atmosphere from a POV. Something that doesn't show any of the factors that go in to creating atmosphere.

Honestly it's one of the dumbest things I've seen on here in a longggg time.

Point at what gives Helix more 'character' over this, that you're able to deduce solely from POVs of both rides. Go on.

Ethan

Strata Poster
This is literally absolute bollocks though.

You are trying to say a ride doesn't have atmosphere from a POV. Something that doesn't show any of the factors that go in to creating atmosphere.

Honestly it's one of the dumbest things I've seen on here in a longggg time.

Point at what gives Helix more 'character' over this, that you're able to deduce solely from POVs of both rides. Go on.
You say this, yet I'm not the only one here to comment on the lack of atmosphere? I'm not basing it "solely on a POV", I'm basing it on all of the images and videos I've seen of this thing both just before, and after, opening.

Honestly, I think you're attitude is one of the dumbest thing I've seen on here in a longgg time, too. If you're that butt hurt over somebody saying a coaster, that you've never ridden either, seems to lack character, then I think you need to step back and take a look at yourself to be honest. Plus the fact that other people in this thread have made comments saying the ride lacks atmosphere/character at the moment, yet you only seem to pick up on my posts, says millions.

The POV was posted, the topic was active, I posted my opinion after seeing the multiple photos posted here and on other sites. My god. Right, I look forward to see how you continue to drag this argument on, in the mean time, I think I'll continue to enjoy my holiday instead of wasting my time on a stranger, thanks.

Last edited:

Ben

CF Legend
I asked you to point out where you can see atmosphere in Helix videos that you can’t see here, and you have not. I suggest next time instead of rambling on you answer the question at hand.

Again, even from photos of a construction site, you can’t judge atmosphere.

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't get this 'atmosphere' on Helix that everyone is talking about? It's literally a cred on a hillside with a great queue line and station building - the ride itself has no atmosphere? If you were to say Taron had atmosphere, I'd agree - it's an immersive setting aimed to envelop the guests into a narrative and generate atmosphere. Helix has as much atmosphere as Green Dragon at Greenwood Forest Park if a terrain-hugging layout and foliage is all you consider as 'atmosphere'.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
From the POV I still think the first 3rd of this looks a bit so-so, but the 2nd launch onwards looks absolutely cracking. I would love to get this in my face.
Is there an opportunity for night rides at this park or are the opening hours restrictive in the autumn?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
From the POV I still think the first 3rd of this looks a bit so-so, but the 2nd launch onwards looks absolutely cracking. I would love to get this in my face.
Is there an opportunity for night rides at this park or are the opening hours restrictive in the autumn?

During September and October they're open on less days, but are either open 4pm-10pm or 1pm-midnight!

I'm hoping to get a cheeky midnight ride on my visit for sure (as long as the rides do run to closing time?)