What's new

Linnanmäki | Taiga | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

Arttu

Roller Poster
Linnanmäki Staff were first Lucky ones who got it on and the staff who was chosen to work first ride ops on Taiga were there the honoured ones to warm up the birds for maiden flights. It was eye watering moment to hear and see that when first train landed to brakes all crew and staff members around Taiga joined the cheering and applausing. This size of preparation, construction and waiting for a wordl class coaster in Finland doesn't happen for every year, even a decades and it was so cool to see that enjoyment and excited environment was on everyone's eyes and smiles. ♥️

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Have any of the current riders of Taiga on here done the likes of Taron and Helix yet? Curious to see how people would compare them, if at all.

(Obviously this ride is phenomenal in its own right, but would be great to pick up extra context)

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Have any of the current riders of Taiga on here done the likes of Taron and Helix yet? Curious to see how people would compare them, if at all.

(Obviously this ride is phenomenal in its own right, but would be great to pick up extra context)
Not myself, but I actually met the host of ride review (can't remember his name, but the german-speaking lad) and he told me that he thought Taiga was better than Helix partly since the launches on Taiga were more intense. He had a hard time choosing between Taiga and Taron, but finally settled on Taiga.

I believe it will be tough choosing between the two, since they are at the same time so similar and so different. Taron focuses more on speeding trough the layout, while Taiga is more focused on the elements of the ride. Can't argument over which ride has more airtime since I haven't been on Taron, but I can say that Taiga doesn't feel slow at all. Taiga actually gains molentum during the ride because of the height differences.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Arttu

Roller Poster
I compare Taiga and Helix as I've done both now. You can clearly see and feel the overall feeling of different manuafracturer. As Helix is more complex and larger area terrain coaster, it lacks of powerful intensity. It's more like traditional powered coaster with fluffy launches. Taiga uses her power and landscape more forcefully but still keeps it nice and intense launched coaster. Just my humble and honest opinion

Arttu

Roller Poster
Sorry double post but just a clearance for all who will come tomorrow for grand openings!

Please come to main gate of Linnanmäki (Linnanmäki pohjoinen) as it opens half our before the gate in South side of park! Distance between gate to Taiga is quite better and the ticket sales (wristband and for one-time riders ride ticket) stars a half hour earlier on there.

Ethan

Strata Poster
It does look rather great tbh. I do think it lacks the charm and character that both Helix and Taron have, though. And for me, atmosphere plays a huge part in how much I like a coaster.
It does look very solid though, except for the slow bit before the second launch. That felt a little awkward haha.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I've found a better, smoother front row POV:-
Video by Matkakuume -blogi.

Also, here's a nice back row/off-ride POV of the ride:-
Video by Katja Lähtöselvitetty.

The ride looks nice and intense, and could definitely fit a third train if the park chose to buy one.

Last edited:

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Just absolutely amazing. I love the rides sense of random direction change, for new riders in further back rows where it's harder to see what's upcoming.

Arttu

Roller Poster
Update for opening! ? Main gate opens at 10. Taiga opens at 11. Extra half hour to buy tickets

Ben

CF Legend
It does look rather great tbh. I do think it lacks the charm and character that both Helix and Taron have, though. And for me, atmosphere plays a huge part in how much I like a coaster.
It does look very solid though, except for the slow bit before the second launch. That felt a little awkward haha.

Basing atmosphere on a... POV? When Helix looks exactly the same in a video? Oooookkurrr.

This looks amazing, and I've paid absolutely no attention to it being built. Excuse to go back to fabulous Helsinki!

Ethan

Strata Poster
Basing atmosphere on a... POV? When Helix looks exactly the same in a video? Oooookkurrr.

This looks amazing, and I've paid absolutely no attention to it being built. Excuse to go back to fabulous Helsinki!
No, I'm basing atmosphere on the entire ride, and the fact there's no theming or atmosphere. This coaster does look pretty great but to me it just looks soulless.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
No, I'm basing atmosphere on the entire ride, and the fact there's no theming or atmosphere. This coaster does look pretty great but to me it just looks soulless.
I'll have to disagree. The que and station are the most themed pieces at this park! Sure the ride itself has no set pieces, but the rest of the experience is great!

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'll have to disagree. The que and station are the most themed pieces at this park!
Doesn't mean much when you look at the rest of the park though haha. Look, I'm not disagreeing that the coaster is great, I'm sure it is (although I can't judge forces until riding, obviously), but for me it just doesn't have the charm that Helix and especially Taron have. Just my opinion.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Doesn't mean much when you look at the rest of the park though haha. Look, I'm not disagreeing that the coaster is great, I'm sure it is (although I can't judge forces until riding, obviously), but for me it just doesn't have the charm that Helix and especially Taron have. Just my opinion.
I get your point, and its's a fair argument since the level of themeing at this park isn't the greatest. However, it is noticeable that they really tried their best with this one and it shows. Just the fact that the soundtrack is playing in the que and the station shows improvement (which by the way is confirmed to be by Imascore, I'm talking about the track that has been heard in promotional materials).

Peet

Giga Poster
This looks amazing, argh just as I tick EGF off my European bucket list, this thing comes along!

I'm loving the reviews coming in from people who have ridden it, and in general it's been brilliant to see new Finnish members joining the forum, just like we've seen with the Polish folks with Hyperion/Zadra.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
This looks amazing, argh just as I tick EGF off my European bucket list, this thing comes along!

I'm loving the reviews coming in from people who have ridden it, and in general it's been brilliant to see new Finnish members joining the forum, just like we've seen with the Polish folks with Hyperion/Zadra.
Well thank you! This coaster really opened Finland to the international scene with regards to amusement rides. Even our local news stations have mentioned the international guests that will come here to ride Taiga! It really is like Poland 2.0

Matt N

CF Legend
That looks outstanding! To me, it looks like the perfect blend of Helix's grace and awesome inversions and Taron's intensity and rapid fire corners! For that reason, I'm going to argue that I think I'd like it more than both Helix and Taron, although bear in mind that I haven't ridden any of them.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
From the video I just have to say that I feel like it tries to combine elements from all different "Top coasters".
Not sure yet if this is a good thing or, it makes it feel a bit 'messy'. (I'll leave that up to the moment I ride it)
(Just to argument my point. Roll in the end and some of the turns (Blue Fire/Helix) the other "common inversions" (Helix), the rapid transitions (certainly the one after the immelman and the one before the second launch) (Taron) and the stall and some of the airtime hills (RMC)

But one thing I can say is that it indeed lacks a bit of the atmosphere that helix has (and for sure that Taron has :p). And maybe that's why it will be seen as a lesser version.
Ofcourse. I haven't ridden it yet

Last edited: