What's new

Last Cred Review

Another day, another Six Flags park (Over Georgia this time) and another 13 creds to collect.
Actually make that 12, Dare Devil Dive was down all day.
Actually make that 11, Batman: The Ride was down all day too. Boooo! I like the Batman clones and I like collecting B&M's, getting spited by one is always a downer.
But still, this park has 3 more of 'em, not to mention a cheeky lil RMC, should still be a good day.
And it was, we enjoyed our time here at SFOG. There are no stand-out, world beating, mega-creds here, but it has a solid, well rounded line up in reasonably clean, green and pleasant surroundings. Not the best Six Flags park I've been to, but certainly in the upper half and a world away from that dump in Maryland we visited a few days ago.

Twisted Cyclone.
Fourth RMC of the trip and my 14th overall and it's... pretty good. As always with RMC, it's amazing what they've managed to achieve here. It's a fun, action packed coaster that doesn't waste an inch of track and leaves you with a big smile on your face. We had some rerides. But let's face it, it's pretty small, isn't it? Yeah it's a great coaster for the park, turning what was a crappy old white woodie into a modern, airtime filled thrill ride, but when comparing it to other RMC's it just hasn't got the speed and the power to compete with the big boys.
8.5/10

View attachment 33297

Goliath.
Yet another B&M hyper. What's that, five now? Well... six if you count Fury. Six! There's only two in the whole of Europe ffs but here in Murica you can rack up six in one trip. Love this country! 🥰 You'd think you'd get bored of 'em by now but nope, Goliath is another good one. What's interesting to me is how different it was to Intimidator which we had ridden the day before at Carowinds. While Intimidator is glassy smooth, refined and filled with lots of lovely floater, Goliath felt more aggressive, a bit rough around the edges, more 'primal'. The result being a more intense ride with powerful positives and stronger, borderline ejector airtime (airtime that was strong enough to remove both crocs off some guy's feet a couple of rows in front of us and send them sailing over our heads and into a lake 🤣).
Very good coaster. We had rerides. 8.5/10

View attachment 33298

View attachment 33299

The other B&M in those pictures is the parks stand-up coaster, Georgia Scorcher. S'alright. We rode one of these at Carowinds yesterday too. This one is much better - Vortex was really quite bad - but Georgia Scorcher is... well, let's call it 'tolerable'. That's all I have to say about that.

Superman: Ultimate Flight was a surprise hit on the day though. Didn't see that coming. Have ridden the other two examples of this coaster so wasn't expecting great things. I mean, they're clones, right? Yeah but the difference is, the ones at Great Adventure and Great America are just kinda plonked on a flat, featureless field whereas here, the ride is kinda built on the side of a hill, it has terrain, it has trees and due to the hillside sloping away from you at one end of the layout it gives you a much greater sensation of height - it really feels as though you're soaring up into the sky and back down towards the ground again, much more so than its siblings. Some great near misses too. Might be my favourite coaster at the park to be honest with you. Really enjoyed it. 9/10

View attachment 33300

Blue Hawk is alright. Looks quite impressive looming over the water like that and for the most part it rides ok too. Couple of minor jolts here and there but nothing to get in a tizz about. All in all, not bad for an old Arrow looper. 6.5/10

View attachment 33301

View attachment 33302

There's another old white woodie too, The Great American Scream Machine. Crap name, but it's an ok coaster. Not particularly good, not particularly bad, just... there. It's quite big, so would have made for a far more spectacular RMC conversion than Cyclone, but it still rides quite smoothly so I'm guessing that Cyclone was just in more desperate need of an upgrade. Still, mustn't grumble. +1.

View attachment 33303

Let's see, what else was there? Oh yes, there was an old Schwarzkopf which was alright, mine train, couple of family creds, nothing much of note really.

Howeverrrr... this park does have it's own standout, must-do attraction. It's not a cred, but it does deserve a mention: Monster Mansion, the park's old, indoor boaty dark ride. It's brilliant! We all loved it, and went straight round for another go. Apparently it's a relic from the days before this was a Six Flags park and any attempts to remove or change it have been met with fierce resistance from fans and locals alike, and rightly so. Funny, charming, scary in places and an absolute joy. All of us agreed- it's on a par with a Disney ride. If you come here, don't miss it.

View attachment 33304

View attachment 33305

View attachment 33306

Tom and Harry liked it so much, they even bought matching T-shirts.
Dicks! 🤣

View attachment 33307

So that about wraps things up at Six Flags Over Georgia. Shame about the spites, but it was still an enjoyable day.

But the day wasn't over yet.
20 minutes down the road from Six Flags Over Georgia is a little place called Fun Spot Atlanta... you may have heard of it.

To be continued...

Whisky drunk thinking about coasters and your comparison of ArieForce One to Wildcat's Revenge and Twisted Timbers... Not me! 😂😂 😂

They're all great but am curious what tops your list.