What's new

Last Cred Review

Done PortAventura for the first time the last 2 days. I'll do full reviews, but Furius Baco was the last hydraulic launch I needed in Europe, so I'll write words here.

Launch doesn't feel *that* powerful? Certainly the ride doesn't feel as fast as Stealth, for example, let alone faster. Coaster itself does very little. Inside seat is a bit uncomfortable but nothing awful. Outside seat is dreadful.

Thanks for the set, but that's your lot Baco.

#357 - The Great Pumpkin Coaster @ Kings Dominion - I figured since adults can ride this now and its really not too far out of my way, I'd snag the credit. I actually got 2 laps on it because there was no line. Its a decent coaster. Its a little jerky in spots but I really do like this mini-Milers a lot. Its still a one and done for me.

Now I've gotta ride the spinning coaster at Fun Land and I'll have ridden every operating coaster in Virginia. Will I make it there? IDK.

I'm a bit more excited for Rapterra and whatever BGW is getting next year regardless.

#357 - The Great Pumpkin Coaster @ Kings Dominion - I figured since adults can ride this now and its really not too far out of my way, I'd snag the credit.
....interesting. at Kings Island there was no problem with this, but today, at Kings Dominion, I was told no, kids only 🤔🤔 maybe I'll try again next week on my way back to Orlando

Finished our European road trip now, so perhaps some 'most notable' cred reviews from it. Not a massive selection.

'Proper parks' first:
Leolandia (Italy) - Nothing of note. +3
Big Blue, Dalmaland (Croatia) - Very enjoyable and holding up well given it's age. Rode a few times and in all seats it was good. Nothing else of note in the rest of the park. +2
Cobra, Freizeit-Land Geiselwind (Germany) - Got spited by one of these Wild Wind things in Manila a few years back, and was masochistically looking forward to riding this one. Got the back row. It was hateful. Quite a marvel to watch as it feels so impossible that it should work, but otherwise was grizzly. Mandatory second lap too - I don't know if this is standard on these or not, but it was not welcomed. +7

And now some of the alpines (to be frank, rode most of these to be able to add 'countries' to my count):
Arena Coaster, Zillertal Arena (Austria)
Alpesibob, Visegrádi Bobpálya (Hungary)
Bobová Dráha, Relaxpark Pec pod Sněžkou (Czechia)
Bobová Dráha, Relaxpark Pec pod Sněžkou (Czechia)
AltmühlBOB, AltmühlBOB (Germany)
These were all rather forgettable. Either uninspired layouts, limited speed, busy, or all of the above.

Bobová dráha, Fun Park Žiarce (Slovakia) - This one has some very good airtime/yeet opportunities, and an understanding operator at the top who was quite happy for me to sit there a little longer to open up some space to the people in front. Very fun.
Berta, Areál Mladé Buky (Czechia) - The setting of this one was the best - with a start/finish over special bridges over a river - but it was also decently long and interesting.
Speed Bob, AltmühlBOB (Germany) - The most exciting one of these by a long way, that is, the alpine coaster with the airtime hill! This is undoubtedly a 'proper' coaster, no speed control, uphill sections, full circuit, case closed. It gathers some really quite serious speed for one of these little Weigand things, and the airtime is actually fairly respectable floater that's sustained for a good period across the hills. The brakes are savage at the end, and the ops are very, very slow, but it was worth a few laps. I gave up after a second lap as I couldn't face the queue again (~30mins a go in the baking heat surrounded by school children = no thanks). The alpine adjacent to it was bleak too (see list above).

This may be the last post of the year in here for me.