What's new

Las Vegas Adventuredome | El Loco | S&S El Loco

lachlan

Mega Poster
Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
It's not nearly as steep as usual, only around 90* give or take instead of 115* so I image it will be.
To be honest, the beyond vertical drop, on Mumbo Jumbo at least, isn't as fun as it looks, especially as it's trimmed. Or maybe my anger after waiting in a 30 minute queue due to poor operations affected my enjoyment of the ride. Certainly wasn't as fun as I thought it was last time I visited. :|

BBH

Giga Poster
Las Vegas Adventuredome | El Loco | S&S El Loco

insanecoastervids said:
Looks like a good ride it gives Vegas a New Roller coaster.
When you've been running off a TOGO inverting hyper and Arrow looper for the past forever and a half, I would assume that it's nice to have some sort of variety. Some sort of kink-in-the-track El Loco variety.

Posted while reading your mind.

Lofty

CF Legend
The track is now complete. I've linked just a couple of images that are the more interesting of the track.

thumb_image_2798_0.jpg

The final brake run starts about half way up the half loop.
thumb_image_2799_0.jpg

This outwardly banked turn leads directly into the diving loop finale.
285_8.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Is there any kind of layout picture of this yet?

Really wish they'd change the glass on the Adventuredome too, such gross light.

Lofty

CF Legend
There's no actual layout photo, but if you look at all the photos together, you get a very good idea. Like the ones below:

345_6.jpg

348_6.jpg

363_5.jpg

thumb_image_2798_0.jpg

313_7.jpg

So the biggest differences is that after the second MCBR it has an outwardly banked right turn, into an inline and half loop instead of the gradient inline, overbank and bunny hop.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Hixee said:
Is there any kind of layout picture of this yet?
This one is on Adventuredome's website. Not a real photo, of course. :lol:

elloco_gallery_01.jpg

Intricks

Strata Poster
So word is that it is having issues making it through the course if it is fully stopped at the midcourse during testing.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Operationally speaking, yes but in terms of construction at the moment, there's one being built at Yomiuriland that features a totally custom layout too.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I thought you might have been unnecessarily harsh, then I watched the video.

Wow. I hope that turns out better than it looks right now, because that looks like a dud compared to the original layout.