What's new

Lake Compounce | Phobia Phear Coaster | Premier Sky Rocket 2

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
First came this tweet: https://twitter.com/LakeCompounce/status/616263083174948864/photo/1
A 10’x10’ box appeared today what's in the box? Lots of rumors but what is the truth? #whatsintheboxlc #lakecompounce
CI1oAa4VEAAR8bY.jpg

Then came this: https://twitter.com/JennaMB007/status/616293583168081921/photo/1

CI2DnrqWIAASf_v.jpg:large

Now I received an invite to Friday's media event:

lc.jpg

Anyone wanna guess?

Ben

CF Legend
Re: Lake Compounce 2016

I kinda feel this will be a cred, have they made this sort of fuss over things before?

If I was a betting man I'd say some sort of launched compact Zierer or Gerstauler.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Someone replied: "hopefully a new steel rollercoaster :p" to the park's tweet and the park replied: "that would be so exciting!". So a new coaster isn't out of the question. And no, they haven't had a media event for an new attraction announcement before.

Ben

CF Legend

I would definitely say a small, but alright, steel coaster.

I'm thinking something akin to Impulse.

That they'll probably run on one train, because it's at Lake Compounce.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

Their marketing campaign has shown the phobia of spiders and the phobia of speed, and the "what you will phear" on Jerry's invite makes me almost positive that this is a coaster that will be called Phobia or be named after some kind of phobia. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess this is some kind of Premier launched coaster similar to Sky Rocket, but Ben's guess of an Impulse-esque coaster seems equally plausible, if not more. I also wouldn't rule out an S&S Free Spin. It would have to be something small and cheap that a little park like Lake Compounce can afford but something the GP would regard as terrifying.

I'm slightly claustrophobic and it's that reason alone why I absolutely resent flyers, maybe it's a Zamperla Volare? ;)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

SFGAm did this a few years ago, the box thing. Ended up being one of the most overrated shows I've ever seen.

I hope it's a new coaster. Like said before, a small steel coaster would be nice. Something like Impulse, specifically.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

*please not a spinner, please not a spinner*

I do love a good media campaign. Seeing as they're "new" to this, it'll be fun to watch.

I'm slightly irritated by the spelling of "Phear" but because of Boulder Dash, I'll let it slide.

For me, the real news is that this could potentially (we don't know what it is yet!) be Parques Reunidos second "big" investment in two years at an American park. Last year they opened the brilliant Roar-O-Saurus at Story Land, before that the only other attraction that we've been really interested in was Sky Rocket at Kennywood back in 2010.

For most enthusiasts (myself included), the world tends to revolve around Six Flags, Merlin and Cedar Fair. Now Parques Reunidos is investigating globally and will be operating new parks opening in the Middle East, perhaps they are a company to closely watch?

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Parques Reunidos are awful! Pretty much all the parks they take over pretty much lose their charm and go downhill due to lack of investment and maintenance. Look at Slagharen, Movie Park Germany and Bobbejaanland. I've also heard bad things about the state of BonBon-land and Tusenfryd.

They seem to take over many parks but only take care of some (like Mirabilandia).

TilenB

Strata Poster

^ Parques Reunidos gets mentioned and you instantly start rambling on how bad their European parks that you have visited are.

Calm down Thom, you're being basic. ;)

As for the project, I hope it will be something exciting in the likes of a launched Gerstlauer (or even Zierer). A thrilling steel coaster would really complement their current coaster selection! Hoping for the best.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Honestly though, it can't be coincidence that the three biggest soulless run-down dumps I've visited are all owned by them! Parks that used to have good reputations. But yeah, let's hope for a decent coaster to support Boulder Dash here, though I'm not expecting it because it's Parques Reunidos. My money is on one of those tunnel simulators that they're installing in every damn park now :wink:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Yeah, they had a rough decade or so but last year they put in place a new CEO who is focusing on the future, with a clear strategy and investing €200m in the existing parks between 2014 and 2017. They also plan to move more towards the smaller FECs (Family Entertainment Centres). Yes, you can tell I've been hobnobbing with certain people at trade shows hahaha!

They have not invested because it wasn't finically viable. Personally I would have rolled the dice and invested in big rides but they took a prudent approach. Now they are back in the black, let the good times could roll(ercoaster) I say.

I doubt we'll see anything monstrously expensive at LC, but something more affordable. Ben is probably right but would they put something like Impulse when Knoebals is only four hours drive away? That wouldn't be prudent imo.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

At first it didn't seem like a coaster but then the next hints were the fear of height and the fear of speed. I really really hope it is a coaster but I won't believe it until I see it. I am going to go out on a limb and say Laff Trakk clone/haunted house. I think one of those indoor maurer's will be a pretty good fit for the park. They desperately need a good steel coaster. They could make it kind of scary to with all the other fears and jump scares and random stuff throughout the ride.

The ride name is going to be PH - something since on the invite Jerry got it says what is your Phear. So some kind of phobia or fear type name.

Here are all the hints so far.

Fear of Spiders - Arachnophobia
Fear of Clowns - Coulrophobia
Fear of having no escape from small spaces - Claustrophobia
Fear of Height- Hypsiphobia
Fear of Speed - Tachophobia
Fear of Dark - Myctophobia

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

An RMC of Boulder Dash?!?!?!? Lol in all seriousness, I would guess a small steel coaster or some type of big flat ride.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

TODAYS FEAR IS THE FEAR OF COASTERS!!!!!!!! It has to be a coaster now.

11728895_10153349766880272_2192182451208066320_o.jpg

11705552_10153349766610272_8102434867408666366_o.jpg

Going to put my full Jarrett like prediction here.

It will virtually be a Laff Trakk clone. A Maurer indoor coaster. It will be themed around fears and phobias and might me a tad scary. It won't be anything groundbreaking but its still a coaster. Name will be something like Phear or Phobia or something along those lines. I could be totally off it could be a indoor wild mouse like Exterminator. Regardless I am excited for the announcement.

Edit: Changed the Facebook page link to embed the photos from that page. - ECG

TJH

Roller Poster

It will be a very tall and fast indoor coaster with spiders, snakes, and clowns

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

Gonna lock in my final prediction:

Lake Compounce bought Shockwave. #plottwist

Just kidding. I think we're looking at a small purple and green Eurofighter called Phobia. It would have a very small dark ride portion with darkness, spiders, snakes, and clowns (nothing extensive like Mystery Mine or Saw, think more Takabisha's prelift or Karacho's beginning) before a smaller Eurofighter layout like Untamed or Iron Shark. Somewhere in the layout there would have to be an underground tunnel (out of the drop this would be awesome) for claustrophobia, maybe multiple times. I'd guess it has lap bar cars like Iron Shark.

It's a bit of an overthought long shot but that's what I was told when I guessed that Thunderbird would be a launched wing coaster, so you never know. :p But seriously, they bought Shockwave. Calling it now. ;)

peep

CF Legend

Premier tweeted an hour ago to keep an eye on industry announcements today. Could mean they're attached to this project?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

It's a Premier Rides Sky Rocket II called Phobia Phear Coaster

21b1593b070e21991e95f0c9e76c5435.jpg

e53603ad385bc1c59c93ba3c7befd5c1.jpg

4cd24a791f35fd8af6b7a5019b1c1d63.jpg

92171f13b572653110e2e4527631ea71.jpg