What's new

Lake Compounce | Phobia Phear Coaster | Premier Sky Rocket 2

peep

CF Legend
Re: Lake Compounce 2016

Ha, nice. I like these rides so I think this is a good move for the park. Did they say where it's going?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend

These rides are awful, but at least I called the bit about running one train.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Never been on one, at least I don't think I have, or I've blocked it from my mind. "Forgettable, that is what you are."

And I see Darren beat me to the Anti-Climatic topic.

The only things I can add are standard responses #3 and #6:
This looks like a good addition that will perfectly suit the park.
Great to see the park investing.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

These seem to be fairly "in" at the moment, which I'm happy about because the one at Holiday Park was great! It's definitely about time Lake Compounce added a good steel to their coaster line-up; they can't survive on Boulder Dash forever :p

bentcookie

Mega Poster

I've been on Tempesto and I didn't think it was anything special. It felt more like a gimmick than anything. Not sure why these are so trendy right now as the capacity is low and the ride time is so short.

But.. it's probably a good move for Lake Compounce.

Darren B

Giga Poster

What a **** choice of coaster. There are so many more, better, cheaper options out there.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

Well I was way off wishful thinking pretty much on my part. I saw triple launch coaster on Facebook and got excited and then I saw the pictures. :( Oh well Its still a coaster close to me so I'm not complaining. I was partially right on the name lol.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

OK, so it's not a potential top 10 coaster, but to be honest, I'm not sure what some of you were expecting. After all, this is Lake Compounce, a park whose last coaster came 15 years ago.

Personally, I really like the look of these Premier Sky Rocket 2 coasters, as they appear to be forceful, relatively cheap, unique and compact, thus leaving plenty of space for future additions. This is undoubtedly one of the best rides in its price range - plus the GP will eat up the concept, like they have elsewhere. In a park which already has a world class coaster in Boulder Dash, I think this will certainly justify spending a little longer in the park (let's not forget, most enthusiasts will just be whoring BD most of the time anyway)

At least it's not a Larson Super Loop ;)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

I don't know what sets me off more, the fact that all this hype was for a clone or the fact that I almost guessed this as a backup. -_- Very anti-climatic announcement over here, but at least Phobia is an epic name for a coaster.

Should at least be a good addition to the park, though. This belongs here more than it does at major parks so it's good to see one going up in a more appropriate park.

ignace

Mega Poster

Those are becoming the new Boomerangs. I did the one in Holiday Park and thought it was just okay, but not great. When there are 40 of these in the world, every fan will hate them.

Darren B

Giga Poster

^^^Firstly 'We' were expecting something better than this POS.

Secondly, it's not 'undoubtably' one of the best coasters in its price range. Wooden Warrior, Roar-O-Saurus, Impulse, Iron Shark and many more cost less than this.

And finally, have you even ridden one? Yeah, it looks and sounds fine. But trust me, they're quite offensive.

^And I hope they don't become the new Boomerangs. I'd rather be fingered by Captain Hook than ride another Boomerang.

Darren B

Giga Poster

2012Jarrett said:
I don't know what sets me off more, the fact that all this hype was for a clone or the fact that I almost guessed this as a backup. -_- Very anti-climatic announcement over here, but at least Phobia is an epic name for a coaster.

Should at least be a good addition to the park, though. This belongs here more than it does at major parks so it's good to see one going up in a more appropriate park.

Hopefully your parents won't spite you this time.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

^Why do you hate them out of interest? I didn't find anything particularly "offensive" about them, apart from maybe the hang time and the shin guards?

ThomVD

Giga Poster

I really liked Sky Scream. Good pop of airtime at the top and good forces. They're not rough or uncomfortable, so while I can see how people can find them meh, I fail to see why someone would despise them. Give me one of those over boomerangs any day.

Darren B

Giga Poster

CookieCoasters said:
^Why do you hate them out of interest? I didn't find anything particularly "offensive" about them, apart from maybe the hang time and the shin guards?

You've named two reasons already. Then there's going backwards, then how they look (ok, that shouldn't make a massive difference but they look awful) and also the layout is so....DULL.

It's not offensive as some things but it does still fit on the 'Top 10 most offensive things list'

1. Boomerangs
2. Child Molesters
3. Rapists
4. Those who put their seats back on Aeroplanes
5. People who wear socks with shorts
6. Screaming American teenagers
7. Premier Launch coasters
8. Drivers who hog the middle lane
9. Six Flags' 'bring a [strike]friend[/strike] scumbag for free day'
10. Wasps

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Darren B said:
^^^Firstly 'We' were expecting something better than this POS.

Secondly, it's not 'undoubtably' one of the best coasters in its price range. Wooden Warrior, Roar-O-Saurus, Impulse, Iron Shark and many more cost less than this.

And finally, have you even ridden one? Yeah, it looks and sounds fine. But trust me, they're quite offensive.

^And I hope they don't become the new Boomerangs. I'd rather be fingered by Captain Hook than ride another Boomerang.

Well, they've already got two woodies anyway, and as good as these new smaller timberliners may be, they're not exactly going to make a massive news story. This is probably a more expensive option, but at it can be classed as an 'extreme' ride - something which the park is certainly lacking. A smaller woodie just lacks the appeal of a much larger ride like this. At the end of the day, parks are businesses.

Just because it's undoubtedly 'one of the best' doesn't mean it is the best. Impulse may just about have the edge, but then again. the Premier has stronger airtime, launches, more hangtime, a higher speed, a higher height and much more....so it's hard to deny this is a worse ride than Impulse, especially in the eyes of the GP, who I expect, would probably prefer this ride. Iron Shark....looks decent, but it is a eurofighter, and I've never regarded them as being hugely exciting. Despite a decent layout and lap bars, it can't really compete with the scale, and duration, of the Sky rocket 2. Are you really telling me you'd rather ride a eurofighter?

I haven't ridden one - but I've seen enough reviews from those who have to judge. Just because it's a clone doesn't instantly make it a poor ride choice.

Darren B

Giga Poster

Yes, I'd rather ride 'most' Eurofighters over one of these. For the record, Iron Shark is FIERCE!

ignace

Mega Poster

ThomVD said:
Give me one of those over boomerangs any day.

I believe the only reason we as enthusiasts hate on boomerangs is that they are to common. If Europe had only one, it would be considered one if it's finest rides.

+ the one in Prater is not just good, it is great. What proves this rides can be a lot better with only minor changes. Unlike these Premier models, which already have lapbars and aren't praised for them (because they tend to hurt for many people, me not being one of them - tot small for that kind of problems).

ThomVD

Giga Poster

To be honest, I don't really hate boomerangs. I enjoy Speed of Sound. I just don't find them anything special either. Not even after I had only ridden one. I did really like Sky Scream. It was more than just a +1 for me, it was an actual solid coaster.

Ben

CF Legend

ignace said:
ThomVD said:
Give me one of those over boomerangs any day.

I believe the only reason we as enthusiasts hate on boomerangs is that they are to common. If Europe had only one, it would be considered one if it's finest rides.

No, it wouldn't.

If every park had a Boulder Dash clone it would still be amazing and noone would be complaining. They're just not great rides.

And I'd still rather ride one than these dumb Premier things. Tempesto was seriously offensive, the restraints are bad (which this won't have, OK), the launches are tame, the ride snaps you about, then it crawls, then it snaps about again.

Not fun - Gerstauler or Zierer would have built something much better.