What's new

Lagoon | Cannibal | "In House" Coaster

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It does appear to have some hang time in those inversions, but overall the pace seems alright?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
That "barrel roll" looks more like a 300 degree roll tbh. It's one of the many ideas I have for coasters I have in my head that end up in reality. Kinda creepy tbh.

Now someone's gotta make a coaster that changes from flying to invert. B&M...

linear1982

Roller Poster
The Speed Looked Fine to Me, so I don't know how it looks slow for a First Test Ride with them Easing the Train over the Drop. :\

EthC

Mega Poster
Looks great to me, it will probably feel a lot faster on ride tbh, I mean Saw looks really slow sometimes off ride but it feels like your really shifting onride, so I'm sure its a similar case, I quite like hangtime though so this looks great to me :D

Martyn B

CF Legend
Looks mental!

That weird drop after the dive loop looks awkward, and the two barrel rolls make me cringe, but that helix looks mega forceful!

Ben

CF Legend
Why do the inline twists go different ways <////3

That literally makes me want to throw up in my mouth.

Tbh, this looks rough as tits.

peep

CF Legend
The pacing looks perfect. I'd say the only issue I have with it is the barrel roll that changes direction? Wtf is that???

Also it has a themed tunnel <3

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I once judged a coaster on how it looked. It had a lovely, tight, mental layout like this. It looked colourful. It looked amazing in testing videos! I really, really wanted to ride it. It's name was Thunderbolt at Coney Island...and that was the biggest let down ever.

Lofty

CF Legend
Ben said:
Why do the inline twists go different ways <////3

That literally makes me want to throw up in my mouth.

Tbh, this looks rough as tits.
YES.

This looks so gross - it's just HUGE and so compact and just ew.

bmac

Giga Poster
Ian said:
I once judged a coaster on how it looked. It had a lovely, tight, mental layout like this. It looked colourful. It looked amazing in testing videos! I really, really wanted to ride it. It's name was Thunderbolt at Coney Island...and that was the biggest let down ever.

"It's awful, it's absolutely awful. How can it be that bad when it's brand new"
-Darren 2014

Tomatron

Giga Poster
This is clearly going to be awesome. Too bad almost none of you are going to ride it.

I'll just have to tell you how awesome it is in a few months.

linear1982

Roller Poster
Martyn B said:
Looks mental!

That weird drop after the dive loop looks awkward, and the two barrel rolls make me cringe, but that helix looks mega forceful!
That's a Double Down after the Diving Loop. ;) Also, there are now 4 Trains On Site and there are more Testing Videos on LagoonisFun.com from Opening Day, Last Saturday.

Ian said:
Thunderbolt wasn't Designed by the Legendary Dal Freeman, like Cannibal was. ;)

Tomatron said:
This is clearly going to be awesome. Too bad almost none of you are going to ride it.

I'll just have to tell you how awesome it is in a few months.
I'll beat you to it, as I'm only 30 Minutes away and will be there the day it finally opens. :p

Tomatron

Giga Poster
linear1982 said:
I'll beat you to it, as I'm only 30 Minutes away and will be there the day it finally opens. :p

Haha you've won that round! Looking forward to hearing what it's like, it looks utterly bonkers every time I look at the pictures.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Ughhh... I'm doing my best to avoid new info on this, as to not 'ruin' it for me come June... but now with the word that its opening will be delayed I'm getting kinda nervous. (although there's still 2.5 months to go.)

linear1982

Roller Poster
Tomatron said:
linear1982 said:

Haha you've won that round! Looking forward to hearing what it's like, it looks utterly bonkers every time I look at the pictures.
I think you and I might be doing some kind of Exchange Program as I'll be visiting Alton Towers and Blackpool in August. :p I'd be more than happy to meet up at Lagoon when you visit, or have someone from LagoonisFun.com to be your Guide if you'd like. :)

CanobieFan said:
Ughhh... I'm doing my best to avoid new info on this, as to not 'ruin' it for me come June... but now with the word that its opening will be delayed I'm getting kinda nervous. (although there's still 2.5 months to go.)
Lagoon is working on getting Cannibal open to the Public as Soon as Possible. In fact, there are two engineers from Actemium Controlmatic GmbH working on the Safety and Control System in two 10 Hour Shifts 7 Days a Week to get it open. I'm really hoping it will open in time for your visit. :)

linear1982

Roller Poster
Here's the much awaited Cannibal Test Run Video from Easter Sunday taken inside the park!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqog9FEi24o[/youtube]

Edited to embed the video. - ECG