What's new

Krake - B&M dive machine for Heide Park

andrus

Giga Poster
^Indeed. This will most certainly have a limited layout. Maybe drop, immelman, camelback, splashdown, the end. A lot like Sheikra but in a much smaller scale.

Martyn B

CF Legend
andrus said:
^Indeed. This will most certainly have a limited layout. Maybe drop, immelman, camelback, splashdown, the end. A lot like Sheikra but in a much smaller scale.

Oblivion cost a massive £10m and that was 12 years ago! This thing is only going to cost £6-7m!

andrus

Giga Poster
^Why? I think B&M dive machines are far superior to eurofighters (beyond vertical). You get the fastest acceleration with a 90 degree angel straight down. Personally I don't get the beyond vertical hype..

Maverix

Mega Poster
^While it may be true that you get the fastest acceleration straight down, it's the air-time of the over vertical drop that I personally like. Mavericks drop in the back totally over-shadows any vertical drop in the back IMO, and I have ridden SheiKra back row, and Maverick's drop is so much better. I even think Fahrenheits drop is better because of the airtime.

Again this is just my opinion.

EDIT: A bit more on-topic, I would love to see B&M try a past vertical DM, it would defiantly make a holding brake in the front a lot scarier not really seeing the track.

A

Anonymous

According to some posts I have read elsewhere, then it seams like Heide Park will make a release about the ride this weekend so hopefully we will know more about the ride soon...

A

Anonymous

More info have been released from the park during an Halloween event last night.

Name: Krake
Length: 476 Meter
Height: ca. 41 Meter
Trains: Floorless, 3 rows with 6 Seats
Special Elements: 90° Drop, Immelmann, Camelback, Water Splash
Theme: First Drop into the mouth of the monster, "Attention to detail", Pirate theme

Taken and translated from: www.heide-park-forum.de/

bob_3_

Giga Poster
6 seats across, aw this thing sounds cute.

I'm guessing the monster will be similar to the "Kraken" legend, seeing as it's called Krake and it's pirate themed.

'citing!

A

Anonymous

On the German forums they were having ideas of the experience was going to be like walking the plank and plunging into the mouth of the monster :) That would be awesome if they could pull that of.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
loefet said:
On the German forums they were having ideas of the experience was going to be like walking the plank and plunging into the mouth of the monster :) That would be awesome if they could pull that of.
I bet it's not themed explicitly, but suggestive theming is approved of, and that's a mighty nice concept.

Nic

Strata Poster
nealbie said:
Unless it's really "PAUL: The Ride"! ;)
This made me lol. Apart from the fact that wasn't Paul actually from Weymouth or somewhere?

But yes, anyway, have a +1 for the "mini Dive Machine FTW" from me.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
UC said:
I'm guessing the monster will be similar to the "Kraken" legend, seeing as it's called Krake and it's pirate themed.

While I agree that's a likely conclusion, it should also be noted that "Krake" is the German word for "Octopus."

It's not necessarily the legend...

Learn something new everyday =D.

I have a really good image of the drop going into a mass of tentacles, with teeth round the tunnel.

mikkey

Roller Poster
200vcpj.jpg

http://www.killerkrake.de/

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ohhh want...

So little has been said about this project... Hardly any pics as well, hopefully now we'll see something...

Also killerkrake is the best website name EVER!