What's new

Krake - B&M dive machine for Heide Park

andrus

Giga Poster
Heide Park said:
Curious things happened on Friday the 13th august

Should Friday the 13th really be a missfortune day for Heide-Park Resort? The people of North Germany's largest family theme park aren´t superstitious, but strange things happened to them on the last days ...

"Every morning swim more feathers on the Heide-Park Lake, although there seem to be fewer and fewer ducks," says one of the construction workers for the new attraction 2011. One of his colleagues added that he feels like getting observated out of the lake, but you can´t see anything if you turn around.

The two construction workers say that you can hear also "strange" bubble sounds out of the lake when there is silence around the park, but you can see nothing than some small blisters.

"If I didn´t know better," one of the workers says, "I would think that story about the new attraction in 2011, we should still keep in secret, is true and the lake is alive?" His colleague on the other hand more assumed that the management plays a prank in celebration of Friday the 13th to the guest and the workers. "It´s interesting, that the management don´t respond to the occurrences we have told them since a few days..."
This is taken from TPR though since I read it there and you no longer can view it on Heide's homepage. Sounds very interesting! :--D It seems like the ride will be themed around some sort of monster in the lake, I like it!

marc

CF Legend
So what will this coaster be if not a dive machine as now B&M exports seems to say this track is the wrong type.

marc

CF Legend
Yes was thinking that as well tbh, I hope that go for an original design and no clone as the park has more than enough clones.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, something with feathers...

"Every morning swim more feathers on the Heide-Park Lake, although there seem to be fewer and fewer ducks"

That just seems to suggest that there are more feathers because there's a big bird thing there, but it's eating the ducks, so there's less ducks.

The idea of it being because it's eating the ducks and the feathers are being ripped off them in the process seems a bit... dark to me is all. It just seems to me to suggest it's malting feathers that they're finding.

*shrug* though the whole guessing game is kinda pointless.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
rollermonkey said:
I think the "feathers" indicates that something is killing/eating the ducks.

Not a hint of a flyer, IMHO.

I completely agree with this. Something is eating the ducks, but not the feathers. If you look in the wild, animals aren't going to eat the feathers of an animal; they're going to pick them off and eat the meat.

Honestly, this sounds a lot like X-raptor to me.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Big Bird: The Ride. He is plucking and roasting the ducks with his accomplice, The Count and the letter H.

I think there is a chance it could be the new prototype that B&M is doing for Gardaland, but who knows.

Lofty

CF Legend
It's either going to be one of two things here, another 'X-Raptor' type product or a Flyer. I think what we know is that the ride either going out or being involved with water and this is probably a guaranteed.

marc

CF Legend
Well according to Screamscape it will be a small dive machine aimed at younger people and will only be 40ft high.

If this is true then what a shame :(

Gazza

Giga Poster
marc said:
Well according to Screamscape it will be a small dive machine aimed at younger people and will only be 40ft high.

If this is true then what a shame :(

40m according to screamscape....bit of a difference (And to be fair, 40m isn't that bad, its 10m taller than Saw lol.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Whilst a smaller dive machine wouldn't be the most exciting coaster ever, I'd be interested to see what B&M could do in terms of layout. It would certainly be an interesting project.

I'm still hoping this is a flyer or 'X-Raptor' style ride though, it'd be much more fun!

Dave

CF Legend
Could be 40ft high, but how deep is the drop? As Oblivion is only 65ft above ground.

andrus

Giga Poster
Since the track is bent and not straight (if you see what I mean) I no longer believe in a flyer (or an invert). I really do hope it's another version of the Gardaland prototype and not a floorless/sitdown sice the park already has enough loopers..

And regarding the story of the ride I'm sure Hide means that there are some sort of monster in the lake eating the ducks. Like a Loch Ness monster sort of thing. I think it's just a little too far-fetched that it's supposed to be a bird who eats other birds.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Oh and this:

http://my.heide-park.de/pg/photos/album ... m-09092010

Translates to:

Finally! The attraction draws one in 2011 in the Heide-Park Resort. So far, however, only partially and in the truest sense of the word piece by piece: With the dark gray bars are but already some of the most important parts roller coaster ever been delivered.

The truck, which recently took delivery in the Heide-Park Resort was not even exceptionally loaded with frozen food or drink, but had the long-awaited first track for the newest attraction of the largest northern German families, recreational facilities on board. smoke the moment, 'the experts heads in Heide-Park Resort still on the implementation of the rail route and even a delegation from the parent company, the Merlin Entertainments Group, is arrived to support from Britain, is common but already, that the ten million dollar roller coaster in the spring 2011 be taken as absolute superlatives and innovation in the German leisure market in operation. Like the Swiss roller coaster manufacturer B & M, confirmed it is in the upcoming fun at Heide-Park is a so-called dive coaster that can overthrow his courageous inmates from about 41 meters in depth, and their adrenaline levels by an Immelman and a Camel back even further in the height drives. The new roller coaster is nothing to be lousy for landlubbers and is therefore located in the bay of pirates skull just right.

andrus

Giga Poster
Ok, mini dive machine it is! :p

I just do hope that the drop will be underground (under the lake) as well. Otherwise 41 meter seems a little bit low for a dive machine.