What's new

Knoebels | Flying Turns | In house construction

Re: Knoebels |"Flying Turns"| In house construction

They're going to get absolutely swamped when even a little peep of an announcement is made.

And according to Screamscape the station is being torn apart now. Don't have a clue why, but this is getting a little ridiculous...

I think part of the hype is rebuilding the ride over and over again until enthusiasts sort of give up on the ride... They just tore the transfer track, now the station, what's next? The whole ride?

This, or they want to claim the world's record for "longest coaster construction".

This really is turning into the Duke Nukem Forever in the coaster world... *sigh*

And how? Duke Nukem Forever was a massive build up hype and cancellations from big budget backgrounds. A better analogy would be. "This is like that cool obscure indie game that was announced a while ago but still isn't quite ready"

They're not doing anything to push it as amazing, they're just making what they want to make at their own pace.

^^If this was Duke Nukem than we'd wait years for an extremely **** ride.

Either way this has gotten to the point of I just don't care anymore

oriolat2 said:
This, or they want to claim the world's record for "longest coaster construction".

It'd have to beat 24 years (and counting...)

Agree with other people that I don't really like the over-the-top negativity towards this. I can understand of this was a huge project by a huge theme park company, and the budgets were spiralling out of control. But it's just a family park working on what will hopefully become a cool little ride. Most importantly, it doesn't seem to be holding the park or adding other new additions in the meantime. :)

If this was like, all they'd been working on since construction started, I'd understand the negativity a bit better.

Actually the ride is giving them even more business than usual, though it hasn't opened.

It's been 6 years and this thread only has 12 pages? Weak response.

Well apparently testing is picking up again soon. Good reason to get the page count up.

Luxornv said:
It's been 6 years and this thread only has 12 pages? Weak response.
There needs to be something to talk about first.

Seeing repeated pictures of wheel assemblies and chassis isn't exactly riveting. :wink:

Youngster Joey said:
bmac said:
Well apparently testing is picking up again soon. Good reason to get the page count up.

Hasn't it been testing for years now...

It hasn't tested for one second since last year. They've been tearing the ride apart this year to make way for the updated trains, leaving sections of the ride wide open (see brake run, see station, see lift hill). You think they would test it on an incomplete circuit with trains that were proven not to be ready for operation?

^It was more meant as a "This thing has been under construction for years. I'll believe it will open when i see it" comment

Not a literal comment.

Snoo from the Ring Racer Thread said:
Flying Turns anyone?
Well the apocalypse must be coming a little late

It is testing and the cars are all logoed up
thumb_image_1022.jpg

thumb_image_1020.jpg

Pics from TPR

^True, but only with trains that had no paint, no polish, no finish, and no logos. Heck, some of the tests were with trains of body-less chassis.

I'm almost excited... ;)