What's new

Kings Island | Snoopy's Soap Box Racers | Vekoma Family Boomerang | 2024

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Good morning! Creating this thread a day in advance at Kings Island will be making an announcement tomorrow regarding their 2024 addition(s).
C710BD92-093C-4C47-8793-38E569F2BFDC.jpeg

Lately there’s been some rumours of a new coaster in Planet Snoopy, with markers having recently been sighted behind Flying Ace Aerial Chase, where they have an abandoned petting zoo and stage. Call me crazy but it looks like KI might be ready to spring another coaster on us… I’d say likely Zamperla if so and maybe spinning.

Regardless of what this is, looking forwards to tomorrow. Hopefully I didn’t create this thread just for them to announce a stage show :)

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Good morning! Creating this thread a day in advance at Kings Island will be making an announcement tomorrow regarding their 2024 addition(s).
View attachment 26082

Lately there’s been some rumours of a new coaster in Planet Snoopy, with markers having recently been sighted behind Flying Ace Aerial Chase, where they have an abandoned petting zoo and stage. Call me crazy but it looks like KI might be ready to spring another coaster on us… I’d say likely Zamperla if so and maybe spinning.

Regardless of what this is, looking forwards to tomorrow. Hopefully I didn’t create this thread just for them to announce a stage show :)
My guess is a clone of the Snoopy Coaster CW just got.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
My guess is a clone of the Snoopy Coaster CW just got.
Funny because there were just recently rumblings that Cedar Fair had picked up a couple clones of said ride from ART Engineering. I enjoyed that coaster and all, but if they’re going to force a child companion policy on it then might as well instead get a higher capacity layout.

The other thing here too is that CW tends to have a lot more leeway with their capital investment than the rest of the chain does. Management usually gets the all clear to indulge in any vanity project, whether that be a $40M dive coaster, obscure prototype thrill ride concept squeezed within a B&M, or an over-the-top themed family multilaunch intended for only a fraction of their attendance. Many of these swings over the years have paid off handsomely; others have more obviously not. This mindset also reflects in CW management having better relations with certain manufacturers (a la Mondial and ART) which don’t really extend across the chain. The point here is that what happens at CW stays at CW mostly.

Zamperla seems to have gotten on Cedar Fair’s preferred manufacturer list lately, which is why I’m pretty sure they’re working at KI. Honestly though if ART Engineering ever started designing more coasters across Cedar Fair parks, then I’d be extremely happy - Racing Railway’s hardware impressed me and it’s clear that the designers are quite the gem.

MaxxForceFan

Roller Poster
View attachment 26082

What is the source of that image?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Coming from the park that announced new Cadillac cars on National Roller Coaster Day - color me skeptical.

Fiender

Roller Poster

Camp Snoopy, featuring a Vekoma Junior Boomerang, Snoopy's Soap Box Racers. It will be the 208m Rebound model, which I believe is the most popular Vekoma Junior Boomerang layout.

Snoopy's Soap Box Racers!

Not gonna lie, Kings Island Vekoma Family Boomerang was NOT on my bingo card this year...
Oh this is awkward, one of you should go home and change.
(Also, shocked this isn't a ART SRR clone; Shocked and impressed)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Solid pick-up for Planet Snoopy, which already is a pretty banger line-up of family-oriented attractions.

Also laughed as having the camera shake in the POV shots - I feel the need for speed!

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
KI's shooting for a construction start of Fall 2023, keep an eye on the Snoopy's Snack Shack area as that's where the expansion is going. The theater's getting repurposed, too.

It also appears, from the looks of it, that Camp Snoopy is not a full area overlay of Planet Snoopy. The concept art in the announcement implies that Camp Snoopy may actually only consist of SSBR itself, the nearby kiddie play area that's also going in, and Flying Ace Aerial Chase.
1697244067728.jpeg