What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Kings Island | "Banshee" | Moohassive B&M Invert

Jason Voorhees said:
Meh. It doesn't look impressive.

2 million more dollars and they could have got a Giga. What a shame.

You know exactly how much a giga would cost with that much terrain work, steel costs, layout and everything! If it weren't for that pesky extra $2 million. Considering Leviathan is a parking lot coaster, and it cost $28 million, fair to say your number's aren't right.

Anyways, helices on inverts are always intense, even Silver Bullets mehness doesn't take away from the intense helix.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Re: Kings Island | "Banshee" | Mahoossive B&M Invert

Says the man who makes coasters for a living...
Who cares, to even argue that point.

I'm just trying to see what everyones on about this extra view thingy? The train looks just as cumbersome as the original design. In fact, you now have 2 large girders holding the seats up, rather than 4 small posts. Its just as intrusive in my opinion.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster

ok so off topic question. If we can be expecting a new coaster for KD in 2015, do you think that they'll go the invert route due to the success of Banshee, or go the winged route, due to the success of Gatekeeper? Kings dominion is far enough away from both parks that they could go either way.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

I'm massively happy about this. Inverts are by far and away my favourite ride type and B&M's especially so.

True about people never being happy though. An Invert rounds this park off nicely and a Giga just doesn't make sense (then again it didn't for CW either but yeah :p ) Although I don't have any plans to head to KI anytime soon this is my most eagerly awaited project of 2014 so far.

NAPayne31

Mega Poster

Well, KD already has an invert so there's no telling what they'll do next

kadabrium

Roller Poster

I know this has been brought up more times than the coaster inverts,
but we are looking at a world's first element which is more than 10 years old.

The unheartlined barrel roll of RCT.
zxx_zps8d2dc7a9.jpg

It also seems to me that they mistakenly put an invert train on a wing layout.

tribar

Mega Poster

CPSFMMCW said:
ok so off topic question. If we can be expecting a new coaster for KD in 2015, do you think that they'll go the invert route due to the success of Banshee, or go the winged route, due to the success of Gatekeeper? Kings dominion is far enough away from both parks that they could go either way.
Makes more sense to build a Wingrider

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

steel said:
I actually think it's really cool that they're thinking about female representation.

Preach it sister! Banshee, a screeching harbinger of death, is a lovely way to introduce feminism to coasters.

What a dumb piece of marketing. The coaster itself looks great though.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

tomahawKSU said:
Anyways, helices on inverts are always intense, even Silver Bullets mehness doesn't take away from the intense helix.
What's better? It is a downward helix.

Raptor has always had the best final helix in my books, in part thanks to its ability to gain speed throughout. Talon, Patriot, and SB all have nice helices as well - but not at the same intensity level. That being said, I'd imagine the train will be traveling on the slower side heading into that final helix, as the heartline roll will probably be taken slowly as well.

CPSFMMCW said:
One thing that has always stuck out in my mind from our Ouimet interview was applying certain aspects of Gatekeeper to other projects. While I don't think KD would be due for a wing coaster (honestly, an invert would fit well there too), I definitely could envision another Cedar Fair park receiving a redone entrance featuring a new roller coaster.

That was actually my secret hope with Kings Island - a roller coaster layout that would go from the Son of Beast site, headed towards the entrance, which would be redesigned around the new ride. That front entrance is original with the park, and would not hurt for a redo.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster

CPSFMMCW said:

Hyde244 said:
One thing that has always stuck out in my mind from our Ouimet interview was applying certain aspects of Gatekeeper to other projects. While I don't think KD would be due for a wing coaster (honestly, an invert would fit well there too), I definitely could envision another Cedar Fair park receiving a redone entrance featuring a new roller coaster.

That was actually my secret hope with Kings Island - a roller coaster layout that would go from the Son of Beast site, headed towards the entrance, which would be redesigned around the new ride. That front entrance is original with the park, and would not hurt for a redo.

KD's front entrance is really outdated. Maybe they'll update it for 2014 and then install a coaster in 2015. Even though Ouimet says no more wings are on the list for cedar fair, a winged would fit in perfectly. Maybe not an invert, because you have alpengeist in the same state.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

Unique layout, no NCBR, I really like it. Even the color is cool. Especially since, according to the CF front page, top speed isn't reached till mid ride?? Should mean it has a great pace and awesome second half.
KI is on the list for next year!

the king

Mega Poster

Interesting ride and colour scheme. I like the new restraints, they should be interesting and I wonder what other new things the trains will have, if any. I do however have one issue. The colour scheme is purple track and blue supports and there is a church as a station. I don't mind the theme, but a church with blue bricks? And the church is not really themed much, just a few stairs and the station itself. I hope more is added and the church doesn't actually have blue bricks. But that's just me.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

And already the moaning about the ride being forceless from some.
I know what has happened to B&M over the last 10 years but there's no MCBR, I wouldn't expect trims on an invert (?) least not in a way that'll greatly impact it, and it seems less "spread out" than Alpengeist which was kind of forceless.
So I'll gamble and say this ride will be epic.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

the king said:
Interesting ride and colour scheme. I like the new restraints, they should be interesting and I wonder what other new things the trains will have, if any. I do however have one issue. The colour scheme is purple track and blue supports and there is a church as a station. I don't mind the theme, but a church with blue bricks? And the church is not really themed much, just a few stairs and the station itself. I hope more is added and the church doesn't actually have blue bricks. But that's just me.
If the station having blue bricks is the biggest problem with a roller coaster - consider yourself lucky. :wink:

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

CPSFMMCW said:
KD's front entrance is really outdated. Maybe they'll update it for 2014 and then install a coaster in 2015. Even though Ouimet says no more wings are on the list for cedar fair, a winged would fit in perfectly. Definitely [strike]Maybe[/strike] not an invert, because you have Volcano [strike]alpengeist[/strike] in the same [strike]state[/strike]PARK.

Fixed that for you.
:roll:

NAPayne31

Mega Poster

^^I already said that too, but my posts are easy to miss ;)

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster

rollermonkey said:
CPSFMMCW said:
KD's front entrance is really outdated. Maybe they'll update it for 2014 and then install a coaster in 2015. Even though Ouimet says no more wings are on the list for cedar fair, a winged would fit in perfectly. Definitely [strike]Maybe[/strike] not an invert, because you have Volcano [strike]alpengeist[/strike] in the same [strike]state[/strike]PARK.

Fixed that for you.
:roll:

That may be true, but its like the whole kings island situation, its not a B&M invert. it would fit. but I don't think its a problem, I'm expecting a winged, whether ouimet says its coming or not.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

I like the layout and the restraints. I don't really like the colour and I'm not too keen on the name but this looks good.

Snoo

The Legend
Re: Kings Island | "Unknown" | "Unknown"

Hyde244 said:
Cedar Fair first true female-themed thrill ride. :wink:

schwabinchen.jpg

While it aint the tallest invert, I'll take it! Very cool layout with a good concept. Look forward to riding this for real.

Video of the announcement is processing right now, photos are on the Facebook and Front Page.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_b28j9fFUM[/youtube]

Banshee-Load-Station-11.jpg

Banshee01_8x10_300dpi.jpg

Banshee02_8x10_300dpi.jpg

Banshee03_8x10_300dpi.jpg

Banshee04_8x10_300dpi.jpg

Banshee06_8x10_300dpi.jpg

Banshee_4c.jpg

DSC_9179.jpg

DSC_9180.jpg

DSC_9181.jpg

DSC_9188.jpg

DSC_9201.jpg

DSC_9207.jpg

DSC_9211.jpg

DSC_9216.jpg

Just for reference.

killrnut

Roller Poster

So looking forward to riding this. If there's a media day for enthusiast club members, I'm there!!

Nobody should be disappointed in this, unless you just plain don't like inverts.