What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

CoasterWild

Mega Poster
Re: Kings Island 2014 Roller Coaster - FOOTER PHOTOS ON 8

When I saw a pic of the new station building, there was a sign saying 'Wolf Pack'. I suspect it might be the official name of the new ride.

Snoo

The Legend

Its fun to look back at all the other things they have trademarked. SO! Banshee will most likely be the next coaster name!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Time to break out the old Cedar Point Banshee logo?

41571_176373800013_5269123_n.jpg

And yes, that is the old Son of Beast station, which has been used for a haunted house the last few years. Notice the last bit of wooden track that is still standing.

IMG_0006.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

While today's GateKeeper Media Day was obviously focused on Cedar Fair, questions were still asked by media and enthusiasts on Kings Island 2014. Don Helbig, marketing director at Kings Island, was in attendance at Media Day, and was receiving lots of flack from visitors on hints for what to expect.

While no hints were given, Matt Ouimet confirmed with CoasterForce during our interview that no additional Wing Riders are currently planned for other Cedar Fair parks.

So we can go ahead and scratch out wing rider for Kings Island 2014.

However, there was a lot of enthusiasm today on Cedar Fair's working with B&M. Take that as you will - but it wouldn't be daft to think that Kings Island could be receiving a B&M.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^^Yeah, but they're in the process of selling a new product, so they're bound to say how wonderful it was working with B&M. It probably was, but it's still just PR for whatever's on sale at the time and not an indication of what's coming next.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ True, so you don't want to read too much into it.

Nick P

Mega Poster

My bet is that it will be a B&M Giga. Since it will be built on uneven terrain it probably will focus more on speed rather than airtime. I heard somewhere that it would have a drop of 308 feet. (If it were to be a giga.)

Hutch

Strata Poster

Although I'd like to have a B&M Giga as their new coaster, I'm not sure if a name like Banshee would fit for a Giga or even a Hyper. Banshee would probably fit for more of a looping coaster like an Invert or a Floorless.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

308 foot drop? Bigger than Millennium Force, can't do it.

Nick P

Mega Poster

But, the lift hill could be shorter than the drop itself. Keep in mind that this will be built on uneven terrain so the drop could extend down into a small valley/ditch. The total height could only be around 300-305 feet making it shorter than MF.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Nick P said:
But, the lift hill could be shorter than the drop itself. Keep in mind that this will be built on uneven terrain so the drop could extend down into a small valley/ditch. The total height could only be around 300-305 feet making it shorter than MF.

Nothing will top the height, lift or drop, of MF. Cedar Fair has made that abundantly clear with Leviathan and I-305.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

^Well, it did during Kinzel's reign, but now Cedar Fair is in other hands and, hopefully, Cedar Point won't be the park where they constantly invest more money than the rest.

I would be happy to see a big, lengthy invert, with a terrain-hugging finale.

kadabrium

Roller Poster

Giga Dive machine>giga wing rider>giga 2-seat invert>>>giga 4-seat invert.

The dive machine trains should look the most intimidating over large sweeping layout, while also allowing decent onride view.
Disappoint that all coasters with that train have restricted layouts.

andrus

Giga Poster

^I'm actually surpriced there hasn't been a DM with an extended layout yet. The new smaller trains would definitely allow it. I bet they're about the same width as the wing riders, maybe even a bit more narrow, making them more manouverable capable of doing tighter elements. It's only two years since Krake opened though, meaning this is still a rather new design. Maybe we'll see an extended DM soon? The smaller trains also run on regular sized B&M box track making it less expensive to build taller and/or longer designs.

Hutch

Strata Poster

^It will be interesting to see how an extended DM would turn out if B&M builds one. I'm not sure if this will happen because the main point about DMs is the first drop, so I dunno.

kadabrium

Roller Poster

Sanchezmran said:
^It will be interesting to see how an extended DM would turn out if B&M builds one. I'm not sure if this will happen because the main point about DMs is the first drop, so I dunno.
Is building a vertical drop significantly more expensive than building a regular drop?