aikktrains3.jpg

Control systems and more track stuff!
aikktrains2.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Mark said:
14:45 - The amazing forklift truck lines up to take the base units.
aikk18.jpg

I can imagine the discussion at the forklift truck company...

"So, Bob... The new N988 lifter. I know we wanted you to think a little out of the box here, but are you sure it's going to sell?"

"Well, the motor has a twin 24 volt dual in-line stabilising current adapter producing 45 torque and a lift of over half a ton. The gear mechanism is fitted with an F223 low gear ratio platter that is efficient to 12.6 and allows for an enhanced vertical adjustment regulation. On top of that, we have the new TT-992 control panel with user key code and advanced safety cut-off features. Oh, and the rear axle is...."

"BOB!!! It's ****ing PINK!"

Mark

Strata Poster
So here is another update...

The park are certainly pulling out all the stops to ensure that this is up and running before the weekend.

It would appear that two of the guys from Zamperla are working on the ride systems, namely the lift hill motors...
kiddiek53.jpg

And on closer inspection it is clear that this is not the final location for the lift hill. They are working on the system before moving the track into place.
kiddiek54.JPG

The trains are currently being held in a 'storage' area. In this case, a spare bit of land next to Dragon's Claw.
kiddiek55.JPG

Here is an overview of the site as it was this afternoon.
kiddiek52.JPG

And finally, as I was leaving to head back to work another truck had arrived. This is the 3rd of the trucks and I am told there is to be one more tomorrow.
kiddiek56.JPG

Also, I echo Marc’s comments about how fun it is going down there to see the progress. It brings back many an early memory and the excitement of sitting on playing fields watching them assemble a travelling funfair. This was pretty much the point my obsession with rides began. It is not very often that you can get quite as close up to everything from the delivery through to the construction of a new ride.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Even though it is only a small 'credit' you two are quite lucky to be so close to the construction of this. I find it really interesting to see the process of a coaster going from a bunch of footers to a full-circuit track. It's pretty cool to think that it could all be finished by Thursday. Thanks for the photos Mark!

As for the fork lift truck, what is it with Adventure Island and combining pink and yellow...?

Mark

Strata Poster
I know. A new coaster in under a week... Fabulous. If only other theme parks worked that quick XD

What is even more impressive is that they are doing all of this (including carting pieces through the park) whilst they are open and extremely busy.

P.S. I have updated the pictures on the previous to be the better quality versions for those that are interested...

Mark

Strata Poster
With the luxury of it being on my door step I have been able to get down and get more updates today.

09.46 - Another overview of the construction site shows a lot of supports are now in place
kiddiek57.JPG

09.50 - Unfortunately the park doesn't open until 11am but you can still see the lift hill supports from outside the park... just...
kiddiek58.JPG

Naturally I do actually work for a living too and with an incredibly busy day preparing for an event, I couldn't get away for lunch :(

But I can pick it up again this evening :D

18.06 - This picture makes it look like not a lot has been going on. However, they have been working on the electrical side of things out of sight.
kiddiek59.JPG

18.12 - Meanwhile, up by the roadside, a massive batch of track is waiting to be brought into the park by the Rage Coloured Fork-Lift
kiddiek60.JPG

18.14 - As mentioned, it may appear nothing has been going on but it does look like part of the station track is now in place in this site overview.
kiddiek61.JPG

18.21 - And finally, not only are they busy building a new rollercoaster they are also very busy with visitors enjoying the evening sunshine!
kiddiek62.JPG

peep

CF Legend
Interesting, the supports for the lift hill make this look a lot bigger than I was expecting. I love how quickly this is going up too :p

jokerman

Giga Poster
^My thoughts exactly, it does seem fairly large, wasn't actually expecting this much. It's also great to be able to see this go up step by step.

Mark

Strata Poster
Indeed. We have the luxury of the fact I live so close, coupled by the fact the park is open and even when it is closed, there are places you can get pictures...

Mark

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
Nothing like a bit of publicity with dumping the coaster track in the street :lol:

Totally. The it was funny hearing some of the comments from passers by on Monday whilst they were unloading the first truck.

"Where did they get the new ride from, Ikea? - It's all flat packed like it!"
Really? What did he expect, it to come as a solid unit?

"What's being delivered? Is it a new ride?"
So the track and trains didn't give it away then?

Being a bit more serious for a moment though, it does appear that the park does not have a great deal of options when it comes to taking large deliveries. They do have access points on either side of the pier and also have a road which runs behind the park to the maintenance shed but it really wouldn't make it any easier getting the stuff in.

Originally the coaster was supposed to arrive before the park was open during the week (before the Easter Holidays) which would have made it far easier to get into the park but alas no. As you say, there is a silver lining with the extra work they are putting in with a park full of visitors... Hundreds of extra people are going to know about this new ride and although billed as a KiddieKoasta, it still looks of reasonable size for the family to enjoy :)

Hurri

Mega Poster
This is really annoying for me to even have to type, I'm livid.

Basically, because of the manufacturer's organisation (or lack thereof) of this coaster delivery and construction, the ride will absolutely not be ready for Saturday.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

The decision was taken literally moments ago to cancel the event. The fact is the ride is not going to be ready for this weekend and we now don't even have a date of completion.

Obviously Adventure Island realises that a lot of you have made arrangements to visit already, so the £7 wristband offer is still available, but there will be no Kiddi Koasta credit.

As soon as the ride is built and ready, the event will take place as soon as possible to get the ride officially open.

So of course Adventure Island wants to offer the most sincere apologies to everyone who was hoping to ride Kiddi Koasta this Saturday - come along anyway and have a great day for just £7 - and when the date is confirmed there'll be another event and another chance for that offer! It may be a very short notice invitation, everyone involved is working as fast as they can to get it completed, but it's effectively in Zamperla's hands...

marc

CF Legend
^Thanks for letting us know, when Mark and I walked down their last night I did say they would be cutting close as theyhad not even started putting the track together.

Mark

Strata Poster
Aw Hurri, I am sorry to hear that. I know that you personally have been putting a lot of work in for the event. Thank you very much for keeping us informed. I presume work will continue tommorow despite the bank holiday?

Nevertheless, construction does continue and things are taking shape, slowly but surely. Here are a couple of pictures for you.

18.36 - You can now see sections of track in place, including part of the lift hill
kiddiek63.JPG

18.44 - And as always, another site overview. These will make for a good comparison from start to finish soon :)
kiddiek64.JPG