What's new

Kiddi Koasta at Adventure Island - Launch Invitation

^ The offer was open to everybody (if they turned up with CoasterForce).

You'll notice that I used past-tense in that sentence as the £7 wristband offer was for Sat 23rd April only.

Ian said:
^ The offer was open to everybody (if they turned up with CoasterForce).

You'll notice that I used past-tense in that sentence as the £7 wristband offer was for Sat 23rd April only.

I understand that this offer ran on 23rd but Hurri said that the offer would be repeated with £7 wristbands once the coster was up and running.

Kiddi Koasta is almost certainly opening tomorrow. Probably.

I don't know if there's going to be another enthusiast event for it yet, I'll need to arrange it with the PR people, but what will probably happen is we'll just open it and do another enthusiast day with ERT and the £7 deal later in the year, maybe when Time Machine opens.

Besides the fact that they are still building it in the on site work shop, pretty much no :(

However, I do know that it is going to be one of those hurl and twirl types with spinning in any direction possible. At least that is how it sounded when it was explained to me.

Time Machine is going to be an in-house built spinning thrill ride. That's pretty much all I can say till it appears.

Anway, Kiddi Koasta is open, first public ride was at 2:30pm today.

I don't get everyone's beef with spin and spew rides...? I think they're awesome. Man up, you wimps! (Love you really)

Quite looking forward to riding Kiddi Koasta and moreso Time Machine. Bring it on!

Enigma Shadow said:
I don't get everyone's beef with spin and spew rides...? I think they're awesome. Man up, you wimps! (Love you really)

Man Up! Watch it ya cheeky ghet :p

I used to love anything ride related, however, and it pains me to say it, but it seems my tolerance for spinning has weakened as I have got older... :(

Still, I will give the twirl till you hurl a go at least once...

^^Wait until you get older lol.

I was always fine on them then all of a sudden I started to feel sick on them, no idea why. I can still ride them though just not as much as I used to :(

As odd as it sounds, my main problem with spinning is my eyes.

I put it down to the fact my eyes are pretty crap, but, all that spinning combined with them sucking makes my eyes really hurt, which then gives me a headache and I start feeling sick <//3

I used to be fine up until I was about 16, and now I can't cope with them <//3 Same age I started wearing glasses...

Coasters can sometimes have the same effect if I re-ride too much, it becomes too much stress for my crappy eyes. It's much, much easier for me to re-ride when wearing glasses <3

So, yeah, I can't cope with spinning because my eyes can't cope <//3

Thats actually very similar to my reason for not liking them much. That plus the fact that all spinny rides essentially do the same thing.

Anyway, I thought I read it was going to be a tower ride of some sort?

^^Are you short sighted or long sighted? I'm short-sighted and medically SHOULD always wears glasses but I don't because I hate wearing them haha. But anyway, I understand what you're saying about the combination of crappy eyes and spinning, but I've never had a problem...and I used to have to wear a silly eye-patch because my eyes are so bad (one's always been stronger than the other, thus putting strain on them). But maybe, like both Mark and Marc have said, my tolerance will decrease with age...? Scary thought!

I'm short sighted and have to always wear glasses really, I bump into a lot of things if I don't <//3 Like, I won't take them off all day if I'm wearing them (although since I started wearing contacts obv I don't...) My prescription is -1.75 if anyone cares. Like, I can't actually FUNCTION without them <//3

But, more than the severity is I think my eyes have real trouble focusing quickly. Like, if I'm watching tele and then look at the laptop screen I have to wait like, 10 seconds for my eyes to focus on what the laptop screen says, and vice-versa when looking up. Then, if I'm looking between them too quickly or too often, I get sick, so I think it's probably that which screws my eyes up on spin&spews. Mother says it might be because I've got an astygmatism cause she does and gets the same thing... As long as coasters are OK I don't CARE though <3

That's a good point actually. If I wear contacts on a spin & spew, I'm ok. If I'm going "au natural" then I feel bad.

Maybe a group of four-eyes should get together one day and carry out an experiment.

Sorry to cut into this riveting conversation about eyesight but I have far more pressing issues to discuss. The POV is finally here :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyGHY1n_jsQ[/youtube]

That looks better than a Big Apple, It may replace them as it looks like an Ok Family coaster

It is certainly a sizeable version compared to an Apple coaster, so in terms of footprint it may not be ready to replace the Apple coaster quite yet...

This coaster does what it says on the tin tbh.

People really did seem to like it yesterday and it had about a 15 min queue when we 1st rode. People of all ages where riding it which is a good thing.

I am happy the park did not go for a box standard Apple coaster and went for something a little more thrilling.

So, did they let you take photos at the event, or did a staff member come out and imply indirectly you were a pedophiles and tell you to put your cameras away?