What's new

Kiddi Koasta at Adventure Island - Launch Invitation

No, it opens on the 23rd. But now we're digressing from this CRED! If I have time, I may knock up and laminate a +1 sign.

^Then we're just back to Furie's re-usable name badge from the WMSP Live.

"Whore" "Vadge" "Man" "Fish" "Babe"....

Is there photo evidence of this? Sounds v. funny
(I would be worried if someone wore them all at once - a 'whore vadge, man-fish babe')

n1133143676_425317_6029322.jpg

because WMSP stands for West Midlands Safari Park. That live was titled "Wet & Wildlife"

I would love to come but don't see a way I could get there unfortunately. Hope you guys all enjoy said "credit" though!

The track arrived at the park today! If you follow us on Twitter, you would have seen the updates. If you don't follow us on Twitter, here it is AS IT HAPPENED!

13:01 - The construction site ready to take it's delivery.
kiddiek01.JPG

13:46 - A lorry arrives!
kiddiek04.JPG

14:06 - The lorry is opened and we have our first glance at the coaster!
kiddiek07.JPG

14:08 - A forklift truck, coloured the same as their Rage coaster, arrives on scene.
kiddiek08.JPG

14:11 - The first piece of the track is positioned on the forklift!
kiddiek11.JPG

14:18 - The first piece of track is carried in the park!
kiddiek14.JPG

14:18-14:45 - The remainder of the track from the first truck is transported to the construction site. It's a multiple person job. They even used a trolley.
kiddiek15.JPG

kiddiek17.JPG

kiddiek18.JPG

kiddiek19.JPG

kiddiek28.JPG

kiddiek21.JPG

kiddiek23.JPG

kiddiek24.JPG

- This one is a piece from the lift hill! (You can see the chain guide on it)
kiddiek27.JPG

Those who like barcodes will like this.
kiddiek43.JPG

14:45 - The amazing forklift truck lines up to take the base units.
kiddiek31.JPG

14:48 - The well themed forklift carries them towards the park.
kiddiek32.JPG

15:00 - The amazing, well themed, Rage forklift now manoeuvres into position for the red supports....
kiddiek33.JPG

...meanwhile, a flatbed waits nearby.
kiddiek34.JPG

15:08 - The flatbed carries the supports to their new home.
kiddiek36.JPG

kiddiek37.JPG

15:50 - The lorry is almost empty!
kiddiek48.JPG

16:07 - This is how the construction site now looks.
kiddiek50.JPG

kiddiek51.JPG

The trains are supposed to arrive tomorrow. We'll get photos if we can!

Excellent photos Mark! Does anybody know how long it'll take to put it all up? One suspects that it won't take very long at all - it almost seems like a travelling coaster. Am I right to say about 4/5 days max, and if they're really going for it, possibly even 2 or 3 days?

It's only just struck me as to how big the area actually is - bigger than I imagined. Have they cleared any rides/removed rides to accommodate the coaster?

Nice updates Mark, and if you manage to get pictures tomorrow too I'd love to see them :)

Ooooo questions...

First up, they are fully prepared to start work as soon as all track has arrived. They are hoping to have it all put together as soon as Thursday!

They have had to clear the little train on circle track ride temporarily to get this coaster on site. It won't take up the whole of that space once constructed though. That is to allow them working space.

I am going to try and get down more work permitting etc. You will see them appear on here and twitter as and when :)

Gotta love the iPhone and quick photo transfers :)

Mark said:
First up, they are fully prepared to start work as soon as all track has arrived. They are hoping to have it all put together as soon as Thursday!

Blimey, that is quick!

Mark said:
They have had to clear the little train on circle track ride temporarily to get this coaster on site. It won't take up the whole of that space once constructed though. That is to allow them working space.

Ahh. I'm surprised they managed to fit a new ride (especially a coaster) in the limited space that AI has without losing a ride for good. Nice!

Cheers Mark :)

Well techincally they lost an arcade to do this, but even then, they didn't really. The lucky strike arcade once sat on this site but they got rid of it when they built the new one that Mighty Mini Mega (or whatever it is called) now sits on.

Hooray! Can't wait to get down and ride this cred, feels like I haven't been to Adventure Island in such a long time!

I have a question, is there any way that Adventure Island can expand in terms of the area of land they own? Is it possible for the to build outwards towards the sea? Or even use the pier in some way?

It's just that although another little coaster is all well and good and I really think Adventure Island is doing great for such a teeny park, it feels like they're really limited for space and are therefor very limited on what/where they can build and that they'll always be having to sacrifice older attractions in order to build new ones. It just seems a shame.

^That's good to hear then, Adventure Island seems like one of the quickest developing parks in the country at the moment, it seems to have had a boom of 'new' rides in the past few years, hopefully it can keep on developing at such a rate and move on to bigger and better things =]