What's new

Kent, England | The London Resort | Entertainment Complex

peep

CF Legend
The other day they posted on Facebook about the purchase of some more land (the bits in red)...

11181579_786177648148031_5494978274910411727_n.jpg

I know a while back there were mentions of local wildlife but I can't remember what that was regarding and if what you posted was the end result.

peep

CF Legend
This is good and bad news in my opinion. Good because it gives them more time to get a good design together. Bad because we need a new park so we don't have to rely on silly Merlin. All this extra waiting is going to make us all rather impatient.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
As far as I've been informed - the original 'London Resorts Holdings' company was folded and canned. Wonder if this is a new company forming up?

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
peep said:
This is good and bad news in my opinion. Good because it gives them more time to get a good design together. Bad because we need a new park so we don't have to rely on silly Merlin. All this extra waiting is going to make us all rather impatient.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Yeah, the problem with the UK industry at the moment is that it's practically a Merlin monopoly, especially around London. Some parks are developing into potential competition (eg.Paultons), but really, precious few parks can afford the capital investment Merlin makes! So they're essentially free to overprice their parks, not add rides and set the pace for the others without being worried they'll be outcompeted by another attraction in the area.

A bigger, new theme park resort in the UK might well be the best thing to happen to Merlin's UK parks.
They've proved themselves more than capable of running fantastic theme parks (take Gardaland for instance), where there's reasonable competition (in the other tourist attractions and Movieland). So hopefully soon, they might be tempted to push Thorpe and Chessie (possibly even Alton) back to their designated growth parks!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This is a bit odd. But thought it was interesting. Even if it's not news as such
A 6 person delegation from London Resort Company Holdings (the guys behind this planned park) have been in China talking to the Wanda Group. (The group behind the new parks popping up all over China at the moment)

20151009025636137.jpg

Here's a bad google translation of the article.
Participants on both sides of the Sino-British cultural and creative industries, theme parks and cultural heritage protection and other issues had friendly exchanges and talks. Li Jun, vice president introduced the planning and development prospects of the cultural group in the field of cultural tourism industry, and focuses on the text brigade hospital Wanda on "creative drive, technological innovation, independent brand" core business model and the corresponding "copyright, patents right, trademark "full intellectual property rights operating strategy.

London Theme Park Holdings Limited Mr. CEO David Testa London theme park highlights the size and format, etc., Kevin Waters Business and Investment, Mr. Nigel Spray executives highlighted the financial model of the project, the British expect Wanda Group to investment and development London .

Link: http://www.wanda-cti.com/2015/latest_0921/1515.html

Nothing beyond a meeting of minds by the sounds of it but interesting none the less.

On a side note Wanda are one of the companies thought to be likely to bid on the Odeon chain of cinemas soon.

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
Investment Boost for London Paramount

London Paramount Entertainment Resort, the multi-billion pound proposed project for the Swanscombe Peninsular in Kent, has received a major boost today with the confirmation of its first major investment.

Promised by Chinese construction company SinoFortone, the £100 million investment represents the first significant amount of capital to be invested into the £3.2 billion entertainment resort project which proposes to build a major theme park, waterpark, theatre, hotels and restaurants. Those behind the project are aiming to raise a further £900 million from investors around the globe to help finance the project, with a further £2 billion being gained via a loan from a major bank.
This latest news will provide a welcome boost to the plans for the Entertainment Resort after a number of recent setbacks. Most recently it was announced that the proposed opening date for the new resort would be pushed back by at least another 12 months to 2021. Originally the resort was due to open in 2019, however this was first postponed to 2020 before the most recent set back. Developers are now expected to submit a planning application for the project in the middle of 2016.

PeteA

Roller Poster
I received a letter from them on the 18th of December stating......

"......... At our last round of consultation we received a wealth of feedback which, along with new information from further studies we have conducted in the area, has allowed us to refine our masterplan. We are pleased to announce that we will be holding a further stage of public consultation on our updated proposals next year

Over the next couple of months we will get in touch with you letting you know dates and locations for the consultation........."

So it is still alive. :)

peep

CF Legend
Yeah I think the last news was that they postponed submitting the planning permission to give them more time to refine the plans. So I guess they're just busy making sure everything is in order?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Yeah I don't, but I like to know how they think they're getting on so that I can imagine all the wasted money paying peoples wages and die inside.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Yep, this letter.
Doesn't say anything new so I didn't even bother posting it.

27fdb90de36cbbb2d27a229e354580b9.jpg

(Sorry it's sideways, I'll have to get to a pc to rotate it).

To be fair, I don't think we can write it off till the planning approval stage, which has now been pushed back to later in 2016.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Joey said:
Yeah I don't, but I like to know how they think they're getting on so that I can imagine all the wasted money paying peoples wages and die inside.

Yeah. Pretty much this.
This is probably the most depressing thread on the forum. Even if it does actually happen, the whole thing is just so half-soaked and namby-pamby that it's gonna be at least 10 years before the doors open, and much like Disneyland Paris it'll be another 20 years before the resort has 'matured' enough to be considered anything like worthwhile.

Basically, half of us will be dead by the time this park is worth a visit.
Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster
You simply can't build a new theme park these days unless you're Disney, Universal or Ferrari. When will everyone else learn?