What's new

Kent, England | The London Resort | Entertainment Complex

Lofty

CF Legend
tumblr_inline_mzdmlfh3O51rb5pth.gif

Rachel

Coaster MILF
The story is doing the rounds again, it was trending on twitter earlier as "UK Disneyland", lol just no.
It's really frustrating that people still believe that this might happen.

Lofty

CF Legend
My Dad came in today acting all smug like "Oh, have you heard about the new park being built in Kent? It's going to be amazing". I replied "It literally isn't gonna happen", he argued saying the news said so to which I threw every single fact under the sun at him as to why it ain't gonna happen. He agrees now.

davidm

Strata Poster
To be fair its not just the scum that is trolling this story out again today, similar tweets / articles in a few papers - the usual DaiyMail recycled news rubbish but the Indy and a few others as well it seems.
Either Paramount-London's PR-dept had a good day yesterday (pretty unlikely) or its a slow-news day and all the papers are just copy/pasting each others stories again as click-bait.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that's just a 'letter of intent', which means they've had a meeting and shock hands but nothing has actually been signed. 99% of these agreements go nowhere.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The only Letters of Intent with regards to this project are:
N-O-T-G-O-I-N-G-T-O-H-A-P-P-E-N

This whole saga has been a letter of intent hasn't it? Is there any evidence anywhere of any contracts actually being signed and real money being spent?
The only money being spent is @gavin booking, cancelling and then rebooking multiple flights to visit on its opening day.

spicy

Giga Poster
Got a feeling this will actually get built, but it's going to be an Odeon cinema and maybe an ice rink if we're lucky. :)

peep

CF Legend
Yeah for some reason I feel like dropping Paramount might actually mean something will be built. It might not be what we'd all want but they seem confident that a planning application will be submitted later in the year (although we have heard that one before).

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Lol.

I really don't have anything else to add.

davidm

Strata Poster
Got a feeling this will actually get built, but it's going to be an Odeon cinema and maybe an ice rink if we're lucky. :)
More like a Nando's and several out of town retail boxes!

Interestingly ODEON is owned these days by Wanda (i.e. the Chinese group chucking millions at parks in China), so for ParamountLondon Resort Whatever to get backing from them might actually be useful! :)

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Any chance they are getting another big license? I don't think this would work without a big name.
The CEO is saying that by not having Paramount in the park's name they can work with a lot more brands than if they did have Paramount. So the park will have a generic name and there'll be lots of different licenced properties inside. Which kind of makes sense - I'm not sure what Paramount actually have the rights to (Transformers and Star Trek aren't theirs, for instance).