What's new

Jade Goody

Aerith

Mega Poster
Also there are so many other people dying in the wolrd of cancer. . . some even from very rare cancers, however they don't get into the newspaper or a chance to tell their stories.

But that really ticks me off, he gets off his crime because he has a famous dying wife! :roll:

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Look, she is doing what she can to get as much money as she can and if that means playing on her fame, so be it! It's better to secure your family then to do nothing, I'd have done the same. Anyway, she's giving some of the money to cancer research so she isn't all selfish.

tks

Strata Poster
Aerith said:
But that really ticks me off, he gets off his crime because he has a famous dying wife! :roll:

Not for long....
twss.gif

A

Anonymous

and the irony is she will probably sell her death to living tv aswell lol hahaha. All i have to say on the matter is shes a pig faced gremlin and good riddence to her

To be honest I don't think you can put her down, she went on TV and made the most of it, milked it to the extreme... what's wrong with that? Good on the girl for making something of what little she had!

My mum very nearly died from the same form of cancer when I was younger, and my God she has so much respect for what Jade has done for this cause, seriously... there is no doubting she has saved lives.

It's also very close to home for me, Tweed lives a few doors down from me in Buckhurst hill and it was not uncommon to bump into Jade, she would always give you a great big smile and stop and chat. Even more so I have found out this week that she has decided to be buried at my local Church, St Johns which again is just at the top of my road. I tell you what, the day of her funeral is going to be manic - I wouldn't be surprised if my road is closed as a result.

A truly modern phenomena, there will never be another Jade Goody.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Maykay said:
To be honest I don't think you can put her down

I know, but maybe the law will be in place one day - they'd do it for a dog ;)

Oh, I'll just throw this in here...

I'm glad to see SOMETHING being done about a type of cancer other than breast cancer, FOR ONCE, even if it's Jade raising awareness.

I'm not putting down breast cancer patients or survivors because my grandpa's sister had it and recently passed due to it spreading to her bones, but still, I barely see any kind of fundraiser being done for like, ovarian cancer, lung cancer (which is the most deadly), or even brain tumours really. It annoys me that everything is the pink ribbon, but my family wears their grey ones proud :p .

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Another week of media hype and then she'll be forgotten, just like all the Big Brother contestants.

Slash

Giga Poster
^ You know what, I don't think she will. For some reason I have the feeling she will be remembered, a lot.

Bit of irony though, she died on Mothering Sunday.

Dave

CF Legend
I knew she was going to go on mothering Sunday!! Just so everyone be like "awww her little boys" *gives more money. EURGH.

Good riddance!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I didn't like Jade, but this story still touches me as my mum was diagnosed with cervical cancer 8 years ago. Thankfully, she lives to tell the tale, but I do hope that from this the age in which smear tests for women can be done is lowered.

RIP Jade.

Karen

Hyper Poster
Poor gal. Well atleast she did alot more in her short live than some do in a long life.

If I recall correctly, my 1st smear was after I had my daughter at the age of 19.

Katie just missed out on the injection that has just come out for cervical cancer. Not sure if I want her to have it or not.

Ben

CF Legend
Bless her :(

May what she's done for awareness be remembered.

RIP

(and I call for the knobs who have no respect for life not to post in here)

Harvey

Hyper Poster
I'll post where I want, thank you.

I think it's a shame, and I feel for her children, the breakfast in bed they made her for mothers day will have gone to waste.

Tragic.