What's new

Intimidators: Timmy and 305

Snoo

The Legend
Sources seem to be saying the second trim is completely gone and are being used on the first drop. The latter half of the ride is apparently twice as good as before with little neck chopping.. but also the best two parts of the ride have been neutered.

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
I rode Intimidator 305 for the first time with the trims on the first drop today. Keep in mind that even though KD is my home park, I am in no way partial to it.

When Intimidator 305 opened and I rode it for the first time I knew that KD had something good, something that was possibly the best in the world. Despite having the trim on the final airtime hill, everything was perfect. All the very sharp transitions were perfectly engineered so that it didn't hurt your neck/head, the airtime was abundant, and the forces were just amazing. So then the ride melts wheels... who would have guessed it, it travels at 94 mph around sharp turns. Common sense, correct? It happened with Millennium Force and that has very spread out elements. Trims are installed and yadda yadda. There are also little hoses in the station and on the brake run that don't really do much except wash the cars and the riders, they ain't exactly aimed at the wheels.

So Intimidator 305 was running one train and I figured hey, how much of a difference could a couple mph make? Wrong wrong wrong. There was absolutely no airtime. Whatsoever. Over any hill. Not to mention the fact that it felt like a holding brake in the manner that it was dragging so hard that it forced you into the restraint. After that the turn had just as much force as a B&M Mega would at the bottom of a hill. The 150' airtime hill had no airtime at all, not even floater. It hardly rolled over the top. After that my favorite element was coming up, the thing in which you exit the banking over a small hill and go back into the same direction of banking. There was mild floater instead of airtime mixed with laterals. The rest was just so un-intense and un-twisty. The 75' hill had the no airtime as it had with the trim on it. The final banking change still whacks your neck pretty badly.

So yeah, it's still a good ride... but a B&M Mega would have similar intensity and level of awesomeness. It's positioned wrongly to give the "OMG 305 FEET IN THE AIR!" feeling. The forces only cause blackouts now due to the fact that they're sustained, not because it's that forceful. I still like the ride. I still like Intimidator 305. I just no longer love it as much as I originally did and it's just not the awesome world-class coaster it was is my point.

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
I guess i'm still gonna ride I305 sometime soon this summer, but it's still gonna disappoint me that I won't get to ride the 94/95mph drop, though I COULD see where a little hang time on the hill could make it rather interesting. The raw speed should have been left alone, though, IMHO.

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
furie said:
Ashstrodamus said:
Are we really so pressed for webspace that my I305 trim thread needed to be locked? Before I started that thread, I looked around for a similar thread and none was found. Anyone looking to discuss the trim brakes would pretty much have no clue that it was located here.

No, but as we already have a lengthy discussion here, you'd just end up with people getting annoyed at having to repeat themselves, or not posting because they've already said it (and everyone involved in the discussion pointing at this topic).

I could possibly try and split out the discussions from this topic into the fresh one, but I don't have time I'm afraid. Maybe another Mod could spend half an hour mixing and merging topics?

Otherwise, the other topic is there, it's locked but not deleted and it points to the relatively active discussion about the trims that has already happened.
So in other words, you'd like to make the forum crappier!!! We've got plenty of space and this site needs to grow, so IMHO, leave the threads alone and allow them to grow instead of limiting the site of potential posters. PS, Don't ban me, LOL!!!

Snoo

The Legend
^There is simply no point of discussing the same thing in two different threads, both of which would have been active around the same time. It's just simpler to close one and discuss it in the other, especially if that discussion is already going on in the other. Had we not been talking about it over here, your thread probably woulda been left open. ;) And we aren't going to ban you for speaking your mind. Hell, I encourage it. :)

But I do agree, I'm very disappointed that I can't ride I305 without the trims.. as it sounds absolutely mental.

Also.. you can just TELL how much slower it has gotten..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bAg3A8oD7s[/youtube]

A

Anonymous

IHeartArrow said:
So Intimidator 305 was running one train and I figured hey, how much of a difference could a couple mph make? Wrong wrong wrong. There was absolutely no airtime. Whatsoever. Over any hill. Not to mention the fact that it felt like a holding brake in the manner that it was dragging so hard that it forced you into the restraint.
Try riding near the back, the airtime and forces are much stronger and the drag on the first drop is less noticeable. The second-to-last car is great, but the very last car is a bit rough.

RCF

Strata Poster
UPDATE: Many have been speculating for the past couple of days that they are possibly putting soft straps as new restraints on the trains of I-305. KingsDominionGeek of KDFansite went to the park yesterday and took these pictures:

305.jpg

IMG_7821.jpg

And a bit of the zoom
IMG_7822.jpg

And this was just taken by a member of the Coaster Crew, a new thing on the test seat:
13434_1318145438981_1391101425_30748871_4670583_n.jpg

KDF is FREAKING right now.

Oh, and during Hurlfest, John Pagel (Marketing Manager of KD for those that don't know), announced that I-305 is a "work in progress" and it's also been reported that some of the trims on the first drop have been removed and they've been testing new materials for wheels constantly. Could I-305 be returned to former glory?

EDIT: The official word from Clint Novak and Coaster Crew is that I305 DOES in fact have new straps on the trains! Video and report coming later tonight.

Pic of straps on actual train:
35883_1511426705654_1233960516_1463415_8326953_n.jpg

pkiknex25

Mega Poster
Ahh, those are much nicer. The old ones weren't terrible, but these shouldn't cause much pain if any.

Riding it again in 13 days!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
The B&M version is awesome... <33333

Or will be, until it gets rough as **** like all the other B&M megas. I cannot stand the rattling at the base of their drops. It's ****ing horrible.

Not done 305 with the new restraints yet. Probably will go there this week. Since the neck slamming doesn't really bother me (it was no where near as bad as on Rita), I can't see it making much of a difference...