What's new

Intimidators: Timmy and 305

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Since it's been bumped, I'll stick with the original reason the topic was posted and give you my opinions on both coasters.

I305: Really, really disappointing ride. Trims/no trims blah blah blah whatever - my personal experiences of riding it were crap.

Other one: Worst B&M hyper I've ridden. Sooooooooo **** ing dull.

In summary, they're both s**t.

A

Anonymous

If it's anything like the smaller Mega-Lites which have a similar start, then the worst of the grey-outs happen where the turn ends and begin to pull-up into the hill, so they could just redo that part an make the pull-up a lot gentler, I doubt that they will redo the whole turnaround with new foundations etc...

We will just have to wait and see.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^That turn doesn't ride like a mega-lite at all. It's a really sustained greying out through basically the whole thing, which seems to go on for a really long time. At least that's how I felt.

Snoo

The Legend
gavin said:
^That turn doesn't ride like a mega-lite at all. It's a really sustained greying out through basically the whole thing, which seems to go on for a really long time. At least that's how I felt.

Agreed. You feel it the whole turn.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Hopefully they're starting the complete disassembly of the ride, because when they added the trims, it all went to **** for the most part. They needed to do a lot more R&D with the trains than what they did with this one. Almost as if they took one of their standard issue trains, put a new body on it, and slapped it on the track.

Seems like Intamin is always trying to outdo B&M. Perhaps they need to focus on building their own rides, rather than trying to top another companies. Human limits? Mechanical limits? Perhaps Intamin has reached their limits....

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
With I305, the original problem was it was getting through too many wheels? Which is a huge cost and maintenance problem on the park I presume. Presumably they are having the ride edited whilst it's within some kind of warranty?

Snoo

The Legend
It wouldn't? Just a dumb joke about Wal-Mart and such.. must just be an American thing.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^It's not really an American in-joke.

Ok, so we don't use the term "layaway" here, but we have the exact same concept: buy a new sofa and pay a few pounds a month for the rest of your entire **** ing life.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I know what layaway means, I just didn't understand how it's relevant, hence why I asked "why would that matter" not "whats a layaway?"

Xpress

Strata Poster
UC said:
Xpress, you need to stick to NL.

And you need to stop picking on peoples opinions. It's an OPINION, I have every right to voice my own opinion on the subject at hand.

I have very specific hobbies I'm absolutely nowhere near giving up, and I'm not going to let someone like yourself stop me from enjoying them.

Xpress

Strata Poster
UC said:
You're one of those people that likes to sensationalize and say stupid things for attention.

That was a pretty good guess, but wrong. I say things for the fact that I can say things. I don't give a **** if I get "attention" out of it, or if anyone even takes notice. The way I word things may be provocative (almost troll like sometimes) at times, but it is never my full conscious intentions to provoke a violent or angered response out of someone.

This is an open discussion board, where we are open to discuss things. I am discussing and voicing my opinions. Opinions are never wrong, but they certainly aren't always right. It's your thoughts on the matter.

My opinion is that Intamin has reached their limits with how far they can push a train. I had a bad feeling about I305 from the first day I saw a POV, and I have similar feelings about Formula Rossa, although Rossa doesn't look hardly as intense as I305 on the trains (again, in MY opinion).

s15c

Mega Poster
I'm going to be honest, I got tired of reading this after about page 7. ADD has taken over and I must say it.

I305 was built for G forces. It was not, however, meant to be quite as extreme. If my source is reliable (and I don't think it is), they added trim brakes on the bottom of the drop. I liked the ride as it was opening day. Whoops, forgot that on the other thread.

Anyway, I find it easier to just keep yourself pressed sideways against the restraints. This helps with both the blackout for some reason and the neck bashing. If you do that it's a really fun ride.

Snoo

The Legend
Well.. looks like they were going to do exactly what I thought they would do.. widen the turn. Hopefully they will return the drop to its former glory because that shameful excuse for a Giga doesn't deserve to be raped in such a way.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Hopefully they will return the drop to its former glory because that shameful excuse for a Giga doesn't deserve to be raped in such a way.

It's only a shameful excuse for a giga because of the trims, so with them gone, it will completely be the amazing coaster it once was!

So excited to be re-riding next year. :--D