What's new

Intimidators: Timmy and 305

madhjsp

Giga Poster
That is actually painful to look at.

I mean I can see why trimming is necessary from the park's perspective, but damn... this is still really disappointing.

I think even if this ride is significantly worse the next time I ride it, I will keep it at #1 on my top 10. I guess it would be similar to having ridden and loved a coaster that has since been demolished, and ranking it higher than currently existing coasters. That's fair, right? :roll:

Snoo

The Legend
Supposedly the back is still a kick ass ride.. so I know where I'll be sitting when I ride it. ;)

Giant rods of magnetic metal ftw!

Now, why don't you say that when I post pics of myself in photos of members?!

And ew, it is what it is I guess. I'm disappointed though, but I'm not gonna sit in the corner and take razors to my wrists.

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
I'm definitely going to miss that insane ejector air on the 150ft hill. But if it's going to keep the ride around for a longer time I don't mind.

RCF

Strata Poster
According to Clint Novak, there are more trims on the first drop, BUT all the trims are gone off the third airtime hill. And there's also no new restraints as well. Also, the SRL has been turned into the front riders so it splits into normal seating, and then front riders.

AlienSpeedFiend

Roller Poster
Trims

Rode this magnificent beast a couple of weeks ago & didn't notice the trims anywhere so I guess they hadn't been installed or turned on yet.

Absolutely loved what I remember of the ride apart from one particularly viscious neck chop which I thought might take my head off.

Rode the back twice, greyed out twice, my partner also greyed out first time & completely blacked out on the 2nd ride cutting our I305 experience a little earlier than I would have liked.

Personally, I loved the speed & pacing but think the first banked turn could use a re-profile to try & cut down on the grey / blacking out which effectively blurrs part of the ride experience for some (many if reports are to be believed) so rather than trim the life out of it, I would re-profile 2 parts of the ride over the closed season, just to make it re-rideable.

We are both seasoned riders & neither of us have ever blacked out before so assume this is a big problem for the park which will need resolving.

Trim it for the season if you must, but next season, keep the speed, just reduce the sustained G's & the ride will be a massive hit. With me at least!

9 out of 10

tks

Strata Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zshm7vneHN0[/youtube]

that is all.

actually no it's not. I can't wait for people to start spouting "oh you didn't go on before it was trimmed it was so AWESOME1111!!!!111".

The general enthusiast crap when you've done something that someone else hasn't.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yikes, that second hill does look painfully slow now....!

Question, now this has been trimmed to death at the start, have they shortened the second trim, or is that the same, and the train now literally crawls to the end?

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
Are we really so pressed for webspace that my I305 trim thread needed to be locked? Before I started that thread, I looked around for a similar thread and none was found. Anyone looking to discuss the trim brakes would pretty much have no clue that it was located here.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ I have to agree because I too didn't no anything about it until I read your topic, and was directed to here.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ashstrodamus said:
Are we really so pressed for webspace that my I305 trim thread needed to be locked? Before I started that thread, I looked around for a similar thread and none was found. Anyone looking to discuss the trim brakes would pretty much have no clue that it was located here.

No, but as we already have a lengthy discussion here, you'd just end up with people getting annoyed at having to repeat themselves, or not posting because they've already said it (and everyone involved in the discussion pointing at this topic).

I could possibly try and split out the discussions from this topic into the fresh one, but I don't have time I'm afraid. Maybe another Mod could spend half an hour mixing and merging topics?

Otherwise, the other topic is there, it's locked but not deleted and it points to the relatively active discussion about the trims that has already happened.

Snoo

The Legend
^Not happening.. we'll keep this topic here. I'll alter the topic name.. just for kicks tho..

As for the ride being ruined.. it all depends on your point of view. I know numerous rides killed by trims but the drop is supposedly still pretty good in the back.. along with good airtime.

I'd say for the people who didn't ride 305 without trims, they will be fine.. but if you've already ridden it.. the ride will forever be flawed and never as good.