What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
southend_marc said:
Have to be honest I prefer the look of the old track but hey if the coaster is good who really cares :)
I'm with you on that, but since we haven't seen any complete coasters yet with this track system then it might look really good in the end...

Yeah, I think the old track looks better too. I wonder if you'll be able to feel any difference between them.
SnooSnoo said:
Behind Anaconda is where the land clearing has started.
Oh, I've been doing a good job following this... :roll:
Thanks for the info, snoo.

Giga coaster at Kings Dominion!?

I do find that hard to believe. I mean, after all this time with no more Intamin Giga Coasters I though Millennium would be the only one forever.

Well, this is surprising but King's Dominion is a good park, and this one crazy addition.

Intamin are doing some interesting things with their track design. Hmm.

62509009resized.jpg

Not my picture.

That looks to be the lift hill tbh. Chain/cable lift.

Maybe.

God I want to know what this is.

Looks similar to the truss sections on the Arrow/S&S 4D coasters: http://www.rcdb.com/m/ig750.htm?picture=1
I guess that the reason for it is the same as for the rest of this new track system, to reduce the cost...

So this means that it's confirmed that it will have a cable lift, and by the looks of it then it's going to be massive. I absolutely can't wait to see this monster starting to go up.

^I thought the same thing when I looked at the support structure.

I'm really just waiting for this bad boy to be unveiled. THAT'S when we'll know.

KD 2010

OK so i got written proof that the new coaster at KD is an Intamin. I was at the park today taking pictures of the track and stuff, and I might have reached under the fence and pulled this piece of paper of a random box:
015tag.jpg

As you can see, the sender is Intamin, i know weve already figured that out, but its nice to have know for sure

SnooSnoo said:
The real question is.. will Cliff spill the beans? :p

The real question is... Will anyone be able to construct this coaster after enthusiasts have pulled off all the packing documents? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.