What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoo

The Legend
I'm not worrying about how they are gonna fit together.. just how they will be supported.. I haven't seen a single connection point on ANY of those pieces..

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:
I'm not worrying about how they are gonna fit together.. just how they will be supported.. I haven't seen a single connection point on ANY of those pieces..

That's because it's going to float. Inta-Lev Track. Duh.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I think it's going to be supported just like a K'nex coaster. It'll probably have one or two support towers, and the rest will be supported by that lattice underneath.

Actually, it does look pretty close to this:

SoF-01_Small_.jpg

Snoo

The Legend
Well.. I KNOW it will be supported lover.. but.. I was just commenting on the fact that we haven't seen those connections. You could see it on MF pictures.. but not here.. at all.

Swat

Hyper Poster
By the looks of it, it isnt going to be supported alot hense the reason for the box section under the lift. That should support it alot.

RCF

Strata Poster
monkeyonatable said:
RollerCoasterFanatic said:
^ Hopefully

They have pretty much confirmed it (there is a video on one of these pages where a KD rep pretty much confirms it), and also a packing slip had Giga wrote on it

MOAT said it's gonna be awesome. I didn't say hopefully it's a giga. I meant a GOOD giga. MF is alright, but it's not the greatest coaster. I think it could've been great, but it didn't pan out that way.

A

Anonymous

Didn't it? oh wait, no it didn't... but i dont know how different its going to be because of the highness and awards that millenium force won, Intamin is probably thinking this is exactly what we want unless they are secretly spying on us all the time to get our suggerstions... that would be awesome!!! But we aint gonna know whats happenin till its happened.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
I know from going to Johns Hopkins or that 10 day engineering conference, that a box structure is incredibly strong and can support at least 50 times its own weight. I know this because we had to build a bridge out of Popsicle sticks and that is the design we used (it held 50 lbs before they ran out of weight to add)

Edit: I didn't know 0 X turned into 0X, that is scary

A

Anonymous

^ No, the connectors at the end are for the next Truss section, but you got the track part right.

Here is one truss section with support connectors:
IMG_2637_%28Large%29.JPG

And this one will connect to the lift base foundation:
IMG_2638_%28Large%29.JPG

Images from: http://kdfansite.com/gallery/thumbnails ... t=0&page=3

I think it's very likely that this lift only will have 3 or so towers for the whole structure...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
So does this mean that the lift supports are going to be red as well? eew...

If only they started some vertical construction, it would clear up so many things. We'll just have to wait until the footers are set.

A

Anonymous

rollerdude said:
So does this mean that the lift supports are going to be red as well? eew...
Don't think so, it's just the support connectors that are red, I'm pretty sure that there will be yellow lattice towers of I-beams to hold it up.

A

Anonymous

Clearly all those saying it's B&M Never looked far enough into the photos too see the red intamin tracks. Check out photo 141, clearly Intamin

I'm thinking it's Intamins 12 Looper.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Clearly all those saying it's B&M Never looked far enough into the photos too see the red intamin tracks.

Or the labels on all the containers that clearly state "Intamin"

=/.

I don't thnk anyone thinks it's B&M btw, I have no where you got that from.

The same label also clearly states "Giga Coaster", keep up mate.

Ben

CF Legend
Shifty_JaY said:
Clearly all those saying it's B&M Never looked far enough into the photos too see the red intamin tracks.

And clearly you never looked far enough to see the label that says "GIGA" on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.