What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just blessed that I live close enough to both Kings Dominion and Carowinds so that I can go to both when they open up their newest creations next year. So let me take this moment in to be glad I dont live in Oakwood. jk lol

LiveForTheLaunch said:
Also, if it has a boring layout, we will just remind you of how much better our coasters are over here than the ones in Europe.

I wasn't aware you'd come to Europe Taylor? At least have the decency to try a few before making sweeping and ignorant statements!

ibreathesbs said:
Swat said:
Don't the US have two?

Isn't the one you all have a clone of one of the two in the US, that's original.

Nope, it was the first of its exact type. Doesn't make it any good, but I'm not sure why this is being discussed? Thorpe is pants and I don't think anyone is going to claim that it's better than anywhere in the US.

Europe contains lots of excellent coasters, Thorpe is just one middling park out of hundreds. One reason I didn't spend a lot of time stunned in the US was because (listen to this), I'd already been on a lot of very similar rides in Europe!

The US has a lot of advantages and a lot of great coasters, but Europe doesn't fair particularly badly either.

furie said:
ibreathesbs said:
Swat said:
Don't the US have two?

Isn't the one you all have a clone of one of the two in the US, that's original.

Nope, it was the first of its exact type. Doesn't make it any good, but I'm not sure why this is being discussed? Thorpe is pants and I don't think anyone is going to claim that it's better than anywhere in the US.

Europe contains lots of excellent coasters, Thorpe is just one middling park out of hundreds. One reason I didn't spend a lot of time stunned in the US was because (listen to this), I'd already been on a lot of very similar rides in Europe!

The US has a lot of advantages and a lot of great coasters, but Europe doesn't fair particularly badly either.

And that's what I was trying to get across to them. Sigh. anyway. GGGIIIGGGGAAAAA!

I'm confused then :lol:

Ben said:
I wasn't aware you'd come to Europe Taylor? At least have the decency to try a few before making sweeping and ignorant statements!

Just to back Ben up though and finish this.

In the top ten coaster poll (Wooden and Steel combined).

US has 6 in the top ten across both.
Europe has 9 in the top ten across both.

So statistically, Europe has more "excellent" coasters than the US. ;)

furie said:
I'm confused then :lol:

Ben said:

Just to back Ben up though and finish this.

In the top ten coaster poll (Wooden and Steel combined).

US has 6 in the top ten across both.
Europe has 9 in the top ten across both.

So statistically, Europe has more "excellent" coasters than the US. ;)

But in which poll? Who voted? More Europeans or more Americans? Too many variables.

yay back on topic!!! I like giga coasters lots!!! but why does august have to be in august! Why couldn't August be in july! It would be like christmas in july, but better. Wow that was confusing! I carnt wait!!! Has anyone heard about the psooible themes of the ride beside aliens, because now that we know the colors of the coaster, yellow and red, those dont seem like very alien colors. I wonder... (Let the random guessing begin)

Rollercoastercraziness said:
yay back on topic!!! I like giga coasters lots!!! but why does august have to be in august! Why couldn't August be in july! It would be like christmas in july, but better. Wow that was confusing! I carnt wait!!! Has anyone heard about the psooible themes of the ride beside aliens, because now that we know the colors of the coaster, yellow and red, those dont seem like very alien colors. I wonder... (Let the random guessing begin)

Because it's not in March. Duh.

RollerCoasterFanatic said:
^ Hopefully

They have pretty much confirmed it (there is a video on one of these pages where a KD rep pretty much confirms it), and also a packing slip had Giga wrote on it

New_ride_013_(Large).jpg

New update from KDFansite. Link to gallery, last 6 pictures. http://www.kdfansite.com/gallery/thumbn ... 53&page=16

So far, I have not seen any lift pieces without the crosses on the end of the "spine". Does anybody have an idea on how these will fit together?

correct me if i'm wrong, but from what i can see, the track portion stretches the entire length of the 'cross parts'. Thus, I get the feeling that these crosses may slot into the sides of the supports...?

Status
Not open for further replies.