What's new

If you could put any roller coaster in your home park, what would it be and where would it go?

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. I personally believe that the closed season is a wonderful time for speculation and wishing about what could happen in theme parks, so I thought that today might be a nice time for a good old wishing topic. So my question to you is; if you could put any roller coaster into your home park, what would it be and where would it go?

Now technically speaking, my home park in terms of distance is Brean Theme Park, but I’ve never actually been there, so I’ll go with Alton Towers, the park that’s closest to my heart and the one that I’ve visited by far the most times. In terms of what I would put in to Alton Towers, I would personally go with an Intamin Blitz Coaster in the style of Taron/Velocicoaster, with lots of near misses and rock work, as well as numerous launches, fast transitions and airtime moments. In terms of where I’d put it, I’d personally go with Forbidden Valley. There’s actually a surprising amount of space within Forbidden Valley for a ride of this type, especially if you removed Blade. So I’d personally put it in the eastern part of Forbidden Valley, encompassing the Blade’s area, Ripsaw’s area, the area where all those food stands are, the area where the games arcade is and possibly Sub-Terra’s area, at a push. I think a ride like this would make for a very striking entrance to Forbidden Valley, personally, and you could even have paths going through the coaster area itself, so that spectators could interact closely with the ride!

But what roller coaster would you personally put into your home park?

Niles

Giga Poster
Nice thread idea Matt, I would also love to see a blitz at Alton to some day but I would have it replace Rita 😅

Paultons park - Gravity Group woodie

While I would like to see a launch coaster a GG woodie would be perfect for Paultons IMO, I would have it run along the river from the Tea cups to the path for the water mill.

I’m not sure if Paultons has a height restriction as the tallest any coaster gets is 20m. However if this is the limit you can still get a great coaster as Timber and Kentucky Flyer are under this height. With a focus on airtime and maybe even an inversion this would be my pick for their next coaster and be there most thrilling one while still having a low height limit for the kids.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Well, Alton Towers is my home park and my go-to answer for any question like this has always been, of course, the cross-valley woodie.
But, that answer is about 15 years old now, things have moved on a bit since then haven't they? Alton has a traditional woodie now, and we also know that jumbo sized wooden coasters have a tendency to shake themselves to bits before too long, so the obvious answer in this day and age would be to let RMC do it in hybrid form. Preferably with a more inspiring layout than the one proposed back in the noughties, but still incorporating that 200ft plunge into the valley and back. Height, speed, length and airtime records for a hybrid coaster. World's largest zero-g stall, right over the edge before flipping back over and plunging into the gorge.
Up yours, Vengeance.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and have a cold shower. 🍆

cocoa

Mega Poster
my home park is Luna Park Sydney, which is both tight on space and already getting some juicy new stuff which is about the best you could realistically ask for. If I could truly get my wish, I'd love an old school woodie like the big dipper of many years ago, but that would never happen in a million years. they could maybe put in a cool spinning coaster though- maybe like tornado at bakken, going in and out of the coney island funhouse building. an intense spinner would do very well there I think.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Closest park to my house would be Universal Studios. Not really feeling this idea... so I'll go with my former home park.

Purely based off self-nostalgia... I'd love Canobie Lake to add a re-creation of Whalom Parks Flyer Comet. There wouldn't be a practical selling point for it but if I had the way, I would haha. Plop it down anywhere in the park but the ideal location to me would be where the Skyride turn back is in the Train ride turn around convene. Along the lake (as a way of imitating the location at Whalom) also, we need more Wood Coasters.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Warner Bros Movie World should get a B&M Wing Coaster to replace Arkham Asylum SLC.

I love them, they embody the B&M style, and a B&M is still something we lack in Australia.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Hmm... how to fix Thorpe... Well they don't have much in the way of terrain and I don't trust certain manufacturers to do enough with flat ground, so without creating an artificial hill and possibly sinking the place I'd have to say... Gravity Group woodie. A big boy. All the best Jungle Trailblazers moments mashed into one. Out by Swarm? Liven up that mud around the two brake runs with more apocalyptic theming of course. They can even have steel supports and paint them grey if they want, as long as it's the best coaster in the UK, which it easily would be.

Steely Dan

Mega Poster
SFGAm is my "technical home park", but cedar point is my "spiritual home park".

That said, my fantasy for CP's next coaster might be a bit unorthodox, and likely quite impractical, but here it is anyway.

corkscrew is very long in the tooth these days, and it's rather simplistic early arrow multi-looper layout can't really hang with CP's big guns these days. BUT, I do love how those iconic, photogenic corkscrews swirl around and careen over the midway. It's one of those perfect "coaster interaction moments".

So instead of getting rid of corkscrew altogether, I propose ripping most of it down, but saving the corkscrew support arches, and building a crazy S&S multi-looper in the vein of kennywood's steel curtain, with the last two inversions being the iconic corkscrews over the midway.

The corkscrews get saved, CP gets a bonafide modern sit-down extreme multi-looper, and since CP loves to boast about broken records, they could even go after tallest inversion, most inversions, blah, blah blah.

After that, I'd like to see GCI to do a contemporary take on CP's old lost cyclone, and then, in my heart of hearts, I'd like to see the old mine train replaced by someone who could do a modern take on a schwarzkopf speed racer. Those are some of the most damn fun family coasters you can find anywhere; I don't understand why more of them weren't built.

Last edited:

hendrixmarshall

Roller Poster
Closest to me is Valleyfair... so it limits your options a little. A Mako clone - taking out Excalibur and interacting with Renegade is what I would do. I want Untamed/TaronHelix/Walibi Intamin - or something that's trying to kill me every second, but for balance and sales, it would be a reliable people eater that's sexy from the road. Can't turn optimization off, sorry.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Brean is also technically my home park, and I whilst I have brean there several times - I genuinely don't think that place deserves a new coaster! At a push, maybe a second hand boomerang, if I'm feeling generous.

I consider Thorpe Park to be my home park. Being a non-driver it's the easiest one to get to via public transport, and I always visit at least once a year. So what should Thorpe Park get?

A B+M hyper. But not running around the back of the park by loggers leap. No way. I want this beauty right at the entrance. In fact, knock down The Dome, bin off The Beach, destroy Depth Charge and hey presto, you have a very nice space. The first big airtime hill would go over the bridge, creating a huge first impression on visitors ala Gatekeeper at Cedar Point.

It would be 280 ft tall to steal the Tallest Hyper crown from Shambhala / Hyperion, paint scheme would be purple rails with black box cos I'm an absolute sucker for the 2 tone B+M paint jobs 🤤 It would be themed to werewolves. Lol, who am I kidding. It's Thorpe, it would be themed to something off ITV. But the theme wouldn't matter cos hypers are never heavily themed anyway!

The track would start from right to left across the park, doing a hammerhead turn that interacts with Collosus' cobra roll. And exactly 50 bunny hills of perfection back to the station.

FarleyFlavors

Mega Poster
they could maybe put in a cool spinning coaster though- maybe like tornado at bakken, going in and out of the coney island funhouse building
Sacrilege! Hands off Funnyland! I love that place.

Isn't it the last remaining 1930s funhouse in the world? If so I'd have expected it to have some sort of heritage protection.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Home park is Thorpe.

One thing I've wanted them to have for ages now is a pair of duelling / racing junior Vekoma boomerangs, somewhere by Stealth. Maybe where the Teacups / Dodgems are. Theme it around a race of course, do a classic Merlin 'central major theming piece', and then even with a meh layout, I think it would be great fun. Plus it fills the lack of any good family coaster at the park, and having two of them helps with capacity.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
suppose Chessington is my home park. I just want the rides they put on their MTDP like 4/5 years ago as a proposal for the next 4/5 years which included a water coaster themed to pirates on the picnic green, and a jungle launch coaster, Juvelen-esque right down the middle of the park. A real shame neither of them have happened. The park really needs a significant breath of life blown into it and they need to stop hoarding broken rides.

Thorpe however would be far more exciting. The rumoured flyer that never came to be over the beach & across the bridge. Imagine seeing a pretzel roll wrap and spin round the entry bridge before ducking back into the park.
RMC round the course of loggers. Over talked about yes, but would work very well. Can imagine seeing its twists and turns ducking in and out of the trees with a nice big stall right over the bridge at the far end of the course, poking out through the trees.
Don't care for the hyper, think it'd make Stealth somewhat redundant if it broke the 200ft mark.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I consider Thorpe Park to be my home park.

A B+M hyper. But not running around the back of the park by loggers leap. No way. I want this beauty right at the entrance. In fact, knock down The Dome, bin off The Beach, destroy Depth Charge and hey presto, you have a very nice space. The first big airtime hill would go over the bridge, creating a huge first impression on visitors ala Gatekeeper at Cedar Point.

It would be 280 ft tall to steal the Tallest Hyper crown from Shambhala / Hyperion, paint scheme would be purple rails with black box cos I'm an absolute sucker for the 2 tone B+M paint jobs 🤤 It would be themed to werewolves. Lol, who am I kidding. It's Thorpe, it would be themed to something off ITV. But the theme wouldn't matter cos hypers are never heavily themed anyway!

The track would start from right to left across the park, doing a hammerhead turn that interacts with Collosus' cobra roll. And exactly 50 bunny hills of perfection back to the station.

I love it! But why stop at 280ft? Another 46ft and you could nab Fury 325's record for tallest in the universe!
Werewolf theme is good, could call it... 'Lycanthrope' .. or sumat. 😁
Queue and station music composed by Alan Silvestri, something like this to really get you pumped up:

Come to think of it, Beowulf would actually be a better name for it. 👍
Throw in some fire and water effects at the end.
Can we have stadium style seating a la Shammy B too please, rather than traditional 4 abreast?
Yeah... that'd be awesome. Who do we call? 🤔

Sandman

Giga Poster
Blackpool Pleasure Beach is my home park.

I've heard a lot of suggestions in recent years as to what could be done there, so I thought I'd take a slightly different approach.

Let's just save time and agree that Grand National is now way past it's best, however I wouldn't be using GCI to re-track, nor will I go down the RMC route.

Instead, I'm calling Intamin and asking for a dueling pre-fab woodie. In my head, this would retain the best bits of Grand National but also add some new/exciting elements. I'd have a lovely, steep Balder-esque drop to begin, and also some insane airtime hills (again, like Balder).

A noticeable difference would be that I'd make use of the Trauma Towers / Wild Mouse space for some additional elements, perhaps a few headchoppers and tunnel sections.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I love it! But why stop at 280ft? Another 46ft and you could nab Fury 325's record for tallest in the universe!
Werewolf theme is good, could call it... 'Lycanthrope' .. or sumat. 😁
Queue and station music composed by Alan Silvestri, something like this to really get you pumped up:

Come to think of it, Beowulf would actually be a better name for it. 👍
Throw in some fire and water effects at the end.
Can we have stadium style seating a la Shammy B too please, rather than traditional 4 abreast?
Yeah... that'd be awesome. Who do we call? 🤔
Yes to all of the above! And it can have a preshow in a mist-filled pitch black room where a huge full moon emerges in front of the train and a wolf howl blasts out before the doors open and you go up the lift hill.

MountedShooter

Mega Poster
My home park is SFoG.

I would love to see a new area built where the original parking lot went to the old back gate where Pandemonium is now extending to the Gotham City area. It could even be a part of the ScreamPunk area and have midways connecting it to Gotham City. This would make a huge difference in the park and eliminate a mostly unused parking area. That area would make a nice place for a B&M Dive Coaster.