What's new

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
(idea taken from another forum)

Let's say you're now the Head of Operations of any park you wish. You are confronted with a major problem: Your park is facing serious overcrowding issues. Dispatch times are constantly clocking over 3 minutes a train, lines are spilling into the midways, it's taking 30 minutes to get food, and the parking lot has to constantly close to keep too many people from coming in. The park always had bad operations, but now it's getting to be a serious problem. Your guests have begun to notice, and are now starting to avoid the park in fear of spending too much time in line. Season Pass sales are dropping because of this. If this keeps up, you might not have enough funds to add anything new for the next season.

Now is your time to act. How will you deal with overcrowding?

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I would either
  1. Build a good ride for next year,
  2. raise ticket and season pass prices,
  3. More parking lot space,
  4. buy new trains, or
  5. Just Quit.

BigBad

Mega Poster
That operations are no good is a problem, but the rest of this seems to be saying that you're not making enough money because there are too many admission tickets being sold. Am I wrong?

I think this setup is not reasonable and reminds me of the Yogi Berra comment: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

TilenB

Strata Poster
Easy, make the operations even slower and sell more fast passes that way. If that doesn't do it, make a half arsed second gate and brand it as a new park, pricing it at about 15€ extra.
Don't overthink, just grab all the money people are willing to give you... ;)

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I'd wake up from a nice afternoon siesta in my Spanish villa, take a sip of my Mojito, do a line of coke off a hookers ass and pay someone else to sort my problem. If my amusement park is selling its capacity daily then I'm making enough money not to care.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Easy, make the operations even slower and sell more fast passes that way. If that doesn't do it, make a half arsed second gate and brand it as a new park, pricing it at about 15€ extra.
Don't overthink, just grab all the money people are willing to give you... ;)

You work for Merlin, don't you?

balrog

Mega Poster
You work for Merlin, don't you?
I think he works at Port Aventura.

But yeah I agree, let the regular lines lengthen, forget the single rider lines and get the fast pass prices just right. Take those benefits and do not invest in numerous rides with a large total capacity.
Once in a while, you can build some huge record breaker to attract even more people, the scale of the rides is more important than their number/total capacity.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Train the ride ops, expand the restaurants. Maybe build a bigger gift shop to take further advantage of the crowds. The problem obviously isn't that your park lacks customers, it's pretty much the opposite. Running at capacity every day is every park manager's wet dream.

Lofty

CF Legend
Firstly, I'd ensure that all my ride departments understand how to maximise capacity and produce extremely high throughputs in a safe manner. Secondly, I'd make sure that each of the pay stations for all restaurants, shops and other extra-revenue opportunities is open and has efficient staff working them. Thirdly, I'd add more street theatre and performance teams throughout the park to entertain the guests and make their day feel jam-packed - along with this, I'd extend show operating times and make sure that a high percentage of guests would have the opportunity to experience them. Lastly, I'd extend operating hours to compensate for the longer queue times.

Along with all this, I'd have a ****ing **** hot operations and maintenance team working, so when the inevitable happens it's solvable quickly and efficiently.

Basically, I'd be Phantasialand.