What's new

How many different number 1s have you had?

Niles

Giga Poster
Here are mine ☺️

Pre-enthusiast

Little Niles - Cat-O-Pillar - Paultons Park:
My most ridden coaster easily, my parents would just leave me on here for hours, they would sit on a bench, chat, eat, read and every so often ask if I had enough but usually I would laugh and carry on, what a fun little coaster.
2002-2004 - Big Thunder Mountain - DP: Beautiful rollercoaster, and when I was little it fascinated me, I loved the other coasters in the park but this one stayed with me as an amazing ride.
2004-2006 - Duelling Dragons - IA: I really liked dragons and castles when I was little and this ride had great forces, theming and the duelling made it really special, oddly I think I preferred the ice side.
2006-2012 - Stealth - TP: First ride in the back was good but the front was amazing, it took my breath away and on a cold wet day me and my dad marathoned it getting front row rides over and over going on it about 12 times I think, that launch still holds up and I think the coaster is underrated but it is all about the front.
2012-2017 - Nemesis - AT: Always liked it but as I got older I appreciated it more and more, a night ride after a long day of the coaster warming up finally put it on top and its still my No1 in the UK......sadly

Enthusiast

2017-2018 - Ghostrider - Knotts:
Truly amazing woodie, it had been re-tracked not to long ago and it was so smooth and forceful, on the day we went it was a walk on all day and when flying through the timbers something clicked and I wondered if people enjoyed coasters as much as I do leading me here, so it hold a special place for me as the coaster that made me become an enthusiast.
4/6/2018 - 8/6/2018 - Skyrush - Hersheypark: I had never had anything come close to this in force, it left me shaken and have no words, truly an unbelievable creation, however it only lasted 4 days as my No1
8/6/18-Current - Steel Vengance - CP: Not sure what I can say that has not been said already, i just hope you can get on it at some point, its unbelievably brilliant.

Last edited:

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Good question, probably something like this...

Nemesis - Towers was a rare treat and Nemesis was always my favourite coaster there

Shambhala - Port Aventura was my first park abroad and Dragon Kahn was always the highlight until Shambhala popped up

Taron - Inspired me to travel further afield

Steel Vengeance - Genuinely don't think this will ever be topped. There will never be a coaster built that gives this much sustained airtime over such a long duration

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
My orders been:

Nemesis - (probably first ridden in 1996-7ish)
Collossos (heide park) - first ridden on the CF live there - 2009
Bizarro sfne (cf live again - 2012)
Skyrush (First ridden on the same live, but a place or 2 below bizarro, rerode in about 2017, and upgraded) - It's gonna take something special to knock this one off!

Bpolson75

Roller Poster
1985 - Shock Wave (SFOT)
1991 - The Texas Giant (SFOT)
2000 - Superman Krypton Coaster (SFFT)
2006 - X (SFMM)
2021 - Twisted Colossus (SFMM)

15 years of memories of X came crashing down on my return visit… it now is 3 or 4 for me.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
2007 - Roller Coaster, Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
2009 - Vampire, Chessington World of Adventures
2009 - Rage, Adventure Island
2015 - OzIris, Parc Asterix
2016 - Munchen Looping, Travelling Fairs
2018 - Icon, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2020 - Munchen Looping (again), Travelling Fairs

I didn't start actually ranking coasters until late 2019, but I remember that feeling of coming to the brake run knowing that you've just done something great.

James F

Hyper Poster
2002 - 2005: Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, DHS
I was always into rollercoasters since a very early age, but this was before I became a proper goon, I still love this coaster, not enough coasters offer on-board audio.

2006 - 2007 : Kraken, SeaWorld Orlando
This was my first coaster as an enthusiast and it turned me into a B&M fanboy.

2008 - 2016: Sheikra, Busch Gardens Tampa
A long 8 year rein. I love B&M dive coasters, even the likes of Shambhala could not top it, although most enthusiasts would disagree with me on this one, I still think it's a fantastic ride.

2017 - Present: Helix, Liseberg
After riding Blue Fire and Cheetah Hunt, I wasn't expecting much from Helix, to me the ride looked like a cross between the two and neither had completely really blown me away, but I remember getting off this and thinking "wow, this is in a whole new league of coasters"

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Trax

Hyper Poster
It is very likely that something slipped through, but this is what I remember for sure. My first ride on Silver star was with 13 or 14, BFMPBNS2 was with 18 years - just in case anyone wonders why some weird coasters might appear. We all started as GP at some point, didn’t we?

1: Alpenexpress Enzian @Europapark
2: Wild Wild West (now Bandit) @Movie Park Germany
3: Colossos @ Heidepark
4: Silver Star @ Europapark
5: blue fire megacoaster powered by Gazprom (now powered by Nordstream 2) @ Europapark
6: Taron @ Phantasialand (was my number 80 and kicked my off my enthusiasm)
7: Hyperion @ Energylandia (Standing strong since 2018)

Trax

Hyper Poster
That’s the same amount of characters as if you were to type the words “blue fire”
Blue Fire was a roller coaster at Parque Norte in Columbia, the ride at Europa Park is called blue fire megacoaster powered by Nordstream 2. The park spent hundreds of hours to find a good, unique and compelling name, I think we as enthusiasts should value the hours put into the name and not call it like another (and most likely inferior) ride.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Blue Fire was a roller coaster at Parque Norte in Columbia, the ride at Europa Park is called blue fire megacoaster powered by Nordstream 2. The park spent hundreds of hours to find a good, unique and compelling name, I think we as enthusiasts should value the hours put into the name and not call it like another (and most likely inferior) ride.
It’s like you’ve written this as some sort of exam question: ‘how many reasons can you come up with to dispute / critique this paragraph?’ I’ve totted up 8 reasons, if anyone can beat that.

Just ‘Blue Fire’ is fine👌

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Me:
-Tyrolean Tubtwist (2007 - 2007)
-Roller Coaster GYPB (2007 - 2009)
-Rage (2009 - 2014)
-OzIris (2014 - 2016)
-Nemesis Inferno (2016 - 2016)
-Stealth (2016 - 2016)
-Olympia Looping (2016 - 2018)
-Icon (2018 - 2019)
-Olympia Looping again (2019 - present)

I technically didn't start actually ranking my coasters until 2019 but I have a stupidly good memory of coasters when I was younger and I'm quite happy with those positions.

A funny thing - I now rank Roller Coaster above Rage, but at the time I preferred Rage! What's also interesting is how Olympia's taken the #1 spot two separate times.

You don't have to go through every coaster you've ever done like what I did, if you want to you could only do the evolution of your #1 ever since you became an enthusiast for example. Whatever suits you best.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
(Merging both threads together for easier reference for users :) )

Update

Pre-ranking

2007 – 2011 : Stealth @ Thorpe Park
2011 – 2012 : Kraken @ Seaworld Orlando (I had been salivating over it for years on RCDB, so I can guess you can say it was ridden with rose-tinted glasses)
2012 – 2018 : X2 @ Six Flags Magic Mountain

Post-ranking

2018 – 2019 : X2 @ Six Flags Magic Mountain
2019 – 2020 : Wildfire @ Kolmarden
2020 – 2021 : Untamed @ Walibi Holland
2021 - Present : Zadra @ Energylandia

Wow, some quite rapid-fire number 1 transitions in recent years... I think I may have a new one later this year too 👀😂

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ll go with all the number 1s I’ve had since becoming an enthusiast… I never really thought about it too much before becoming an enthusiast.
  • Rita at Alton Towers (28th September 2013-27th July 2014)
  • Stealth at Thorpe Park (27th July 2014 for a few hours)
  • The Swarm at Thorpe Park (27th July 2014-22nd August 2016)
  • Montu at Busch Gardens Tampa (22nd August 2016-23rd August 2016)
  • Mako at SeaWorld Orlando (23rd August 2016-present)
Mako’s had the throne for 6 years now… even though I’ve had some close calls (some very close calls, in fact), nothing has yet topped it for me. I wonder what the ride to beat it will be?

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Same as a few others, I had only really started counting credits and doing rankings back in 2014....as follows:

2014 - The Swarm, Thorpe Park (Didn't venture out to any theme parks in other countries until 2018)

2017 - Nemesis, Alton Towers (this had been my #2 for a while however I had a rather unpleasant ride on The Swarm that year with the vest restraints that made me alter my rankings)

2018 - The Incredible Hulk, IOA

2018 - Mako, SWO (This was in the same trip however, for a few days before I went to SeaWorld, Hulk was at the top)

This is currently my list however I feel like my visit to Florida in September will lead to me having 2 different new number 1's again during the same trip....

Snoo

The Legend
Update to mine as well.. can't believe I forgot about Mavericks several month reign:

Millennium Force 2000-2003
Top Thrill Dragster 2003-2007
Maverick 2007
El Toro 2007-2008
Boulder Dash 2008-2016
Lightning Rod 2016-2018
Steel Vengeance 2018-present

This remains truth to this day. However, with my big European trip on its way as well as re-riding SV, we shall see if it holds. It's really 1a/1b for SV and Velocicoaster right now. Shall see if it retains. :D

I’ll go with all the number 1s I’ve had since becoming an enthusiast… I never really thought about it too much before becoming an enthusiast.
  • Rita at Alton Towers (28th September 2013-27th July 2014)
  • Stealth at Thorpe Park (27th July 2014 for a few hours)
  • The Swarm at Thorpe Park (27th July 2014-22nd August 2016)
  • Montu at Busch Gardens Tampa (22nd August 2016-23rd August 2016)
  • Mako at SeaWorld Orlando (23rd August 2016-present)
Mako’s had the throne for 6 years now… even though I’ve had some close calls (some very close calls, in fact), nothing has yet topped it for me. I wonder what the ride to beat it will be?
You forgot the one evening that Silver Star was your number 1 ;)

Indy

Hyper Poster
About to date myself, but whatever...

1996 - 1997: Hangman, Opryland
1997 - 1998: Vortex, Paramount's Kings Island
1998 - 1999: Mr. Freeze, Six Flags St. Louis
1999 - 2000: Raging Bull, Six Flags Great America
2000: Boss, Six Flags St. Louis
2000 - 2003: Millennium Force, Cedar Point
2003 - 2016: Phantom's Revenge, Kennywood
2016 - 2018: Expedition GeForce, Holiday Park
2018 - Present: Helix, Liseberg

So, to answer the titular question: 9

Somewhat surprisingly, an RMC has never held the top spot. They dominate my top ten, but have never eclipsed all, though Zadra came pretty close.