What's new

Holiday World | Cheetah Chase | ProSlide RocketBlast

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
What a cool take on the traditional water coaster! I knew we would be getting something involving a launch, but my guess was a water coaster with a flat or slightly inclined launch into the leaked layout plan that we saw. Could that be for another upcoming Holiday World project after Cheetah Chase, though? I can't help but wonder... ?

After analyzing the animation, I've come to the conclusion that Cheetah Chase will be located in between The Voyage and "The Wave" (a wave pool) and feature a Saucer bowl turnaround above Splashin' Safari's lazy river. The current path running underneath Voyage's lift hill will stay, and it appears the only things that Cheetah Chase will replace are a few sheds and some trees. I must admit that this was a very creative way to fit in a large water slide without removing everything in its footprint, as the current path loops, lazy river and wave pool will all stay - albeit with a new neighbor on top of them.

What a cool take on the traditional water coaster! I knew we would be getting something involving a launch, but my guess was a water coaster with a flat or slightly inclined launch into the leaked layout plan that we saw. Could that be for another upcoming Holiday World project after Cheetah Chase, though? I can't help but wonder... ?
I think that Cheetah Chase is replacing Pilgrims Plunge site so that might not be the case

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I think that Cheetah Chase is replacing Pilgrims Plunge site so that might not be the case
No, it's not; Pilgrims Plunge site is on the other side of Voyage, and is quite close to Thunderbird and Hyena Falls. See the rest of my post that you quoted for more information. However, I do think that the Pilgrims Plunge site will be used for something, as it's odd how Holiday World have retained the station and splashdown area for this long.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I knew we would be getting something involving a launch, but my guess was a water coaster with a flat or slightly inclined launch into the leaked layout plan that we saw. Could that be for another upcoming Holiday World project after Cheetah Chase, though? I can't help but wonder... ?

I wondered the same thing but sadly there's a large chance they're scrapped plans. As I recall there were plans leaked for a B&M invert at the park that were scrapped and eventually turned into thunderbird.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Out of curiosity, is there any slides for single riders at this park? It seems like all the slides are raft slides or water coasters.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Out of curiosity, is there any slides for single riders at this park? It seems like all the slides are raft slides or water coasters.
There is a pretty extensive offering of slides, including a lot of solo body and tube slides.

Still trying to figure out the "world's first launched" rationale... when they have two launched water coasters already. ?

Cool add, who knows - maybe we will ACTUALLY ride a water coaster at HW in 2020.

Matt N

CF Legend
Looks like a great addition, but I'm not sure it's actually the world's first launched water coaster; don't many of ProSlide's newer water coasters have similar booster sections?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Looks like a great addition, but I'm not sure it's actually the world's first launched water coaster; don't many of ProSlide's newer water coasters have similar booster sections?
Or like... the two Proslide Water Slides already built at the park? ;)

Also, a bunch of supplementary POV and fly around videos:

Matt N

CF Legend
Or like... the two Proslide Water Slides already built at the park? ;)
Very true; doesn't that exacerbate my point further? How can this be the world's first launched water coaster if Holiday World already has two similar launched water coasters?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
It might be because of the "flat launch" aspect of it... or the fact that it's a full circuit slide with a launch (instead of the conveyor lifts like Mammoth and Wildebeest). Still doesn't make it correct, because there are a couple full circuit, no-lift-hill, launched slides out there.