What's new

Holiday World | Cheetah Chase | ProSlide RocketBlast

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I love the look of this park, its looks magnificent. I'd love to see a new coaster here, although not a launch coaster because that could end up being too similar to Thunderbird, however anything would be a great addition for them really, even if it isn't a coaster or overly huge.

Or maybe they're RMCing the Voyage.

Matt N

CF Legend
@CrashCoaster In my opinion, a launch coaster could feasibly work. "Launch coaster" covers a surprisingly wide range of coaster types nowadays, so the park could quite easily differentiate it from Thunderbird dependant on ride type. Something like an Intamin Blitz Coaster, for example, would be very different, especially if it had no inversions akin to Taron.

Actually, I just had a thought; maybe this could be a mid-tier family coaster of some sort? Looking at Holiday World's present coaster lineup, the park seems to have a distinct lack of middle ground between Howler and the big thrill rides (in this case, Thunderbird and the wooden coasters). From what I can tell, there's a distinct difference between being ready to ride Howler and being ready to ride The Voyage, for example, so a mid-tier family coaster would be a great addition, in my eyes! Perhaps a Gerstlauer family launch coaster akin to FireChaser Express would be a nice fit?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I think this is almost certainly a waterpark addition. Most of that waterpark is themed to animals so teasing a cat sends a pretty strong message. That said if they’re teasing already I’d imagine it’s a fairly substantial addition to the waterpark.

Speculating and taking a shot I’d guess that it’s going to be a new saucer watercoaster that holds some kind of record (longest saucer coaster? Most saucers?)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
@CrashCoaster
Actually, I just had a thought; maybe this could be a mid-tier family coaster of some sort? Looking at Holiday World's present coaster lineup, the park seems to have a distinct lack of middle ground between Howler and the big thrill rides (in this case, Thunderbird and the wooden coasters). From what I can tell, there's a distinct difference between being ready to ride Howler and being ready to ride The Voyage, for example, so a mid-tier family coaster would be a great addition, in my eyes! Perhaps a Gerstlauer family launch coaster akin to FireChaser Express would be a nice fit?
I agree with this actually. They do need a mid-tier family coaster, and a Gerstlauer family launcher or Intamin family launch would be a great fit for the park.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Add my name to the water park hat as well. As @Youngster Joey stated, Splashin' Safari is heavily themed to animals. The call out of "cat," in addition to the design language the teaser conveys with the scratches forming stripes and the orange and black coloring suggest a tiger or big cat theme.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Think you're all on the money with a waterpark addition, the name 'Splashin Safari' kinda spells out its animal theme enough!

Only thing that do make me possibly think otherwise is;

1. Would a waterslide receive a marketing campaign like this? I guess so if it was breaking records.
  2. Isn't there a halloween mascot thats a cat?
  3. The waterpark is already insane and a family coaster is probably needed a little more than another massive slide (as good as Wildebeast and Mammoth are)
  4. Would Thunderbird and Howler be animal themed rides? Or is that clutching at straws!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I love the look of this park, its looks magnificent. I'd love to see a new coaster here, although not a launch coaster because that could end up being too similar to Thunderbird, however anything would be a great addition for them really, even if it isn't a coaster or overly huge.

Or maybe they're RMCing the Voyage.

Why would they RMC one of the best wooden coasters on this planet? That wouldn’t make any sense whatsoever....

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Think you're all on the money with a waterpark addition, the name 'Splashin Safari' kinda spells out its animal theme enough!

Only thing that do make me possibly think otherwise is;

1. Would a waterslide receive a marketing campaign like this? I guess so if it was breaking records.
  2. Isn't there a halloween mascot thats a cat?
  3. The waterpark is already insane and a family coaster is probably needed a little more than another massive slide (as good as Wildebeast and Mammoth are)
  4. Would Thunderbird and Howler be animal themed rides? Or is that clutching at straws!
You do have some of the same reservations as me. Their water park is pretty legit as is so I'm not really sure how they'll improve it. They do have a Halloween cat mascot so it is also possible to have a family ride themed after it. Howler is the outlier as it's themed to the Holidog, but it's in the kids area of the park. Thunderbird, while named after an animal, follows the Mayflower voyage theme shared with The Voyage.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
As Marc said the waterpark definitely is quite insane as it is, but I also believe its what drives a significant portion of their attendance as well and the more attractions they can add to it the more capacity it can reasonably hold. I don't think I've ever seen the dry side of the park busy when the water park is open (very small sample size but still) and that's with a pretty full parking lot. While i really would love to see more love for the dry side of the park from what we've seen I just have a hard time believing it won't be the waterpark.

I have a gut feeling though that this is the Kentucky Kingdom 2019 story...where they announce a family thrill coaster out of the blue...like Kentucky Flyer was. Holiday World would benefit from something like a Verbolten/Firechaser Express, etc. They have Thunderbird, but they don't have something with a track drop or a 'family' launch coaster. That's a void that needs filing and tbf, like West Coast Racers at SFMM, it's easily plausible to build this after the announcement and open this in Summer 2020 (when the most amount of families are on-park).

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
For those thinking it's a water park expansion - well, the water park and dry park have two different social media accounts (at least this is the case with Twitter). I'm with @Coaster Chall YouTube ... seeing as this new coaster would be only 5 years after Thunderbird, I think that a middle ground steel coaster is needed here. Holiday World has a great coaster lineup, but Thunderbird is the only easily reridable coaster there. Voyage & Legend are both amazing coasters, but punish you after multiple rides due to their rough & tumble ride experiences. Personally, I'd absolutely love to see an aforementioned Gerstlauer family coaster, Gerstlauer shuttle family coaster (ala Rewind Racers at Adventure City) or even a Gerstlauer bobsled coaster, as it would be the only one of its kind in North America. Although I have a fascination with Intamin family launch coasters, I don't think we will be seeing that here. This is one of the few coaster announcements where I won't be disappointed if Holiday World is getting a family coaster - I'll actually be quite excited!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
For those thinking it's a water park expansion - well, the water park and dry park have two different social media accounts (at least this is the case with Twitter). I'm with @Coaster Chall YouTube ... seeing as this new coaster would be only 5 years after Thunderbird, I think that a middle ground steel coaster is needed here. Holiday World has a great coaster lineup, but Thunderbird is the only easily reridable coaster there. Voyage & Legend are both amazing coasters, but punish you after multiple rides due to their rough & tumble ride experiences. Personally, I'd absolutely love to see an aforementioned Gerstlauer family coaster, Gerstlauer shuttle family coaster (ala Rewind Racers at Adventure City) or even a Gerstlauer bobsled coaster, as it would be the only one of its kind in North America. Although I have a fascination with Intamin family launch coasters, I don't think we will be seeing that here. This is one of the few coaster announcements where I won't be disappointed if Holiday World is getting a family coaster - I'll actually be quite excited!
They may have separate Twitter accounts, but the content on Splashin' Safari's is mostly retweets from the Holiday World account. Also, there is no original content of Tembo Falls, the water Park's latest addition, on their account - only on Holiday World's. I'm still going with a water park addition.