What's new

Has A Ride Ever Got To You?

Kebab

Giga Poster
Hurakan Condor. Watching Dragon Khan shrink to that size while you're going up is uneasy. Then the wait at the top was god awful, as it tilts you forward. The 330 ft drop itself wasn't too intense thankfully!

Kebab

Giga Poster
DanielSon92 said:
For me it isn't so much the ride that gets to me. It's more the atmosphere arund the ride, especially when they play the sort of music that makes you a bit scared.

Do you mean like Oblivion with the Life/Death theme? Because that is awsome :--D and also the themeing and music etc. gets too me aswell, that's why I can't wait for Dylan! :--D (a strong horror theme).

I doubt they would go to an extent by making it 'strong' horror if you know what I mean. Dylan is a 1.2 which allows kids under 10 years old to ride it, they will give it a scary atmosphere but nothing like Jason X if thats what you're on about :lol:

Jer

Strata Poster
Well I never had any second thought about riding a ride but El Toros drop still makes me scream like a little girl, and I'm never prepared for Kingda Kas launch.

Kebab

Giga Poster
RIMG0118_edited-1.jpg

One night just before heading out to PortAventura, this caught my eye...

jokerman

Giga Poster
Do you mean like Oblivion with the Life/Death theme? Because that is awsome and also the themeing and music etc. gets too me aswell, that's why I can't wait for Dylan! (a strong horror theme).

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. The music helps to build up the anticipation, which makes me shake a bit as the adrenaline starts pumping.

Ali

Mega Poster
i was pretty scared on my first accelerator on the front of kingda ka.
that scares the life out of me

bladeboy

Roller Poster
Definately Oblivion! I think that creeps a lot of people because it's different to lots of other coasters.

Furius Baco and Hurakan Condor. I never expected the launch of Furius Baco to be so quick!

Jake

Strata Poster
Kingda Ka is the only coaster in years i've ever actually been scared before... I was bricking it.

Then it totally blew me away. Wow.

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
Oblivion! How could I forget. As you creep towards the entrance facade in the shrouded building you can see the drop. You can hear the modern creepy soundtrack blaring and those in-queue tv screens. argh! But its going up that drop which really gets me. I always grab my mate's hand even though I have done it over and over again I still always grab her his hand the first time haha. And the fact the cars are so 'open' really enhances everything. I think it has to be said- Oblivion is probably up there with the scariest coasters to date...

A

Anonymous

Dueling Dragons, years ago. And oh jesus how embarrassing that was - I made the biggest scene in the station. :lol: Almost had to sit-out with the eight-year olds.

scan

Mega Poster
Probably Hurakan condor this year, It was the tallest ride ive ever been on and about 150ft taller than the now relocated/Dismantled drop ride at pleasurewood hills. I was bricking it on the way up but it was awsome and is now no 2 in my top 10 rides

Ben

CF Legend
Jake said:
Kingda Ka is the only coaster in years i've ever actually been scared before... I was bricking it.

Then it totally blew me away. Wow.

Same.

And then Oblivion scared me, like, six years ago, lol.

Mike

Giga Poster
I still don't like drop towers- I was even scared o fBounce earlier this year, before realising that I've been on faster and more exciting elevators. :p
Coasters don't really scare me any more, as most of them are very predictable and you can see what's going to happen.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Like most people I used to be afraid of every coaster... then Apollo's Chariot came along and cured me of coaster-phobia once and for all.

But since then, the only ride I have been truly intimidated by was Top Thrill Dragster. I mean, I was definitely excited and I absolutely loved it, but my first time on it, sitting there watching the brake fins drop just before the launch, I literally said out loud, "Oh..... ****"

Dasaii

Roller Poster
I was terrified for Stealth and Oblivion - haha. Especially on Oblivion when you're going up the hill, and around that bend, on stealth once you've sat down there isn't much time to be afraid!

I loved both of them though :).

Error

Strata Poster
I've never 'truly' been terrified of any rides, but the one ride I've been nervous about was Top Thrill Dragster. Now it's fairly dull; to me at least.

Kebab

Giga Poster
1 - Hurakan Condor stand-up floorless (330 foot drop tower says all)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYSYKg7IZqU

2 - Oblivion (180 foot vertical drop into darkness!?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFMIgQGOINA

3 - Furius Baco (You wait a good 10-20 seconds before launching 0-85 mph. The tention is horrible, and it comes at a complete surprise)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV4iNtN-3ZU

Out of these 3 rides Furius Baco still lives up to what it did to me the first ride. Keeping you looking at that launch track and the drop for that long is really uneasing, especially when the ride itself is the most intense experience I've ever succeeded. Also - Airtime!