What's new

Has A Ride Ever Got To You?

Kebab

Giga Poster
I don't get that scared on drop towers and tall rollercoasters now. I have a strange fear of launches, especially those where you are waiting for like 30 seconds (Furius Baco).

I normally have a fear of vomiting on the spinny flat rides, but because of my friends I force myself on with them.

Maybe I'm the only one who gets this, but when you get scared, do you want to do the ride more?

Absolutely; the rush is what makes me want to ride coasters, and since being scared makes your adrenaline pump even harder, it makes the experience that much better.

So yeah, being scared ****less of a ride definitely makes me want to ride it again. Too mad Millennium Force and Dragster/Ka are really the only coasters that make me really scared. Oh yeah, and drop towers.

jamesw12

Roller Poster
Yh I find when i'm not scared when im not scared of a ride I enjoy it "less" then if I was scared of it.

Being scared is now a good thing 8)

Swat

Hyper Poster
Im really surprised with the amount of people who have said Oblivion, Oblivion is one of those great coasters that still scares and makes people nervous. Other DM coasters still have that effect but Oblivion is by far the best, Alton Towers know how to make great coasters wish they still did. Damn Merlin.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Swat said:
Damn Merlin.
They'll probably still produce the same quality as Tussauds did when they owned it. After all, Merlin did manage to afford Alton, Thorpe and Chessington so we may expect big things!

Inverse

Hyper Poster
yeah, fear makes a ride better. Oblivion is an experience that starts at the queue entrance, means the ride can only have 1 element and get away with it, because the themeing is so good. Without fear there is no adrenaline, where's the fun in that?

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Before I got into coasters I was afraid of everything. Now I just don't like flat rides that go around, around, and around or upside down many many times. On coasters, roughness bothers me, and I am not into head choppers. Most woodens and wild mice are only ridden for the credit. What am I now afraid of ? I guess that I'm not smart enough to be afraid.
(Wait a minute, I am afraid that I will be in line the next time someone does something stupid. I will have to see a kid get his head taken off because he went over a fence.)

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
Alton Towers does a great job of building the tension, suspense and dread. The clever thing with the Towers is that most people (unless they hold Fastpass) get a great perspective of the ride whilst they are queuing. Nemesis is one of the most powerful machines around and it shows. The track wrapping up over and under the pathways and queueline and the train thundering at break neck speed. You can't help but feel awe inspired and nervous. The first time I did Nemesis my knees were so weak and I felt afraid, purely because the train dived past us so fast the breeze nearly knocked me over! Its the same with the other Alton coasters. RITA is launched where every spectator can see. The queues are designed around the ride, meaning it is visable from almost every part. The airtime hills dive over the queue etc. Oblivion is the same. The drop can be seen and the car can be heard long before the rider boards. Its a trick that works. It probably happened by accident too. I mean Alton are using the queue's to top advantage whereas places like Drayton Manor just leave you walking around in zig zags for an hour. And I still think Oblivion is the best 'DM' even though Griffon and Sheikra have inversions and higher drops. We were brave enough to introduce the worlds first underground 180ft verticle drop roller coaster designed around the fear of the unknown. And it still scares the hell out of us today...genius.

Ali

Mega Poster
el toro made me cry it was so good
but pepsi max big one at the tpo when i was, i was ****tin myself

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Weird, you would have thought it was the other way round, twas that way for me anyway, seeing as TTD has those awsome lil restraints and Ka has the hideous blocky OTSR rubbish.

Weirdly the only ride that scares me still to this day when I go on it would be the stand up floored version of Apocalypse at DMP, just the fact that your feet are being supported by the floor creeps me out..

Ben

CF Legend
I think the restraints on Ka were quite possibly the single furtherest thing from my mind when I was going 128 to be honest with you.

I wasn't going "uh, I'm so glad I'm not stapled", I was going "****, this is high/fast".

So, from either side that argument just doesn't wash with me in Ka Vs Dragster.

Besides, Ka's amazing <3.

Yah, the restraints hardly matter; of course, Dragster's are better in my opinion, but Ka's weren't bad at all.

But, Dragster's acceleration isn't that terrible, UC. Plus, it reaches high speeds, so it's not like it's slow by any means.

I'm not getting into this discussion again though.

coastermac

Roller Poster
Yeah, still to this day after riding oblivion for 7 years it still gets me into that unbeatable state of pure fear and adrenalin.

A

Anonymous

When I reached Stealth's 'Top Hat' just as we were banking over I ejaculated all over myself.

:)

A

Anonymous

First time on Stealth bout 2 years ago
Hulk 3 years ago
Rock 'n roller coaster when i was 6 First with an inversion!