What's new

Great Coaster Names That Haven't Been Used Yet.

emoo

Hyper Poster
There needs to be a Hyper-or-Giga coaster called 'Ascension' - that is all!

Every Sunday Silver Dollar city post a calm and reasonable bible quote that isn't bonkers crazy, just about being kind. I respect them for that so feel slightly bad for joking about wanting a hyoer/giga/strata called the Rapture from an over religious park.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
My last post involved video game levels that could be coaster names. Let's expand on this, what Tier 5 upgrades from Bloons TD 6 could pass as coaster names?

Perhaps...

- Inferno Ring
- Super Maelstrom
- Absolute Zero
- Energizer
- Flying Fortress
- Archmage
- Legend of the Night
- Superstorm

Not much else.

RcTmix

Mega Poster
“Metal.”
To my surprise, zero hits on rcdb
Call it “Metal Mayhem “ if you want to spice things up. Get VH1 to sponsor it.

Carrying on with a more literal metal theme, “The Foundry”

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Every Sunday Silver Dollar city post a calm and reasonable bible quote that isn't bonkers crazy, just about being kind. I respect them for that so feel slightly bad for joking about wanting a hyoer/giga/strata called the Rapture from an over religious park.

I'm pretty... (well very) irreligious (well organised religions) and see the word Ascension more as it's Noun form of rising/lifting to a higher place! Besides other religions use the term too, and therefore it's not dissimilar to 'Shambala' as a name!

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
- Exhilarator: One of the first ever coasters I built in RCT3 had this name plus a '1000' at the end, and I still think it sounds pretty cool. The ride type was an Intamin giga with a focus on overbanked turns.
- Menace: I built a Parkitect invert inspired by Grona Lund's Monster, 'menace' is definitely a cool name for an intimidating sounding ride.
- Black Blizzard: I've always loved the name of this video game level and always imagined a B&M hyper coaster with a drop that twists in different directions to kick things off.
- The Square: One of the names of my other Parkitect coasters was this, I thought it fit oddly well for a Wild Mouse coaster.
- Carnage: Always thought an overly intense Storm Chaser-style RMC would fit this name pretty well.
- Infinity: Sounds scary. Probably a launched coaster with interlocking inclined loops?
- From the times of Exhilarator 1000, ten year old me also LOVED the name 'Rock-O-Coaster' which was a standup coaster that had a 300ft drop into about a 20ft cutback before doing every prebuilt element in both directions. Ouch. Guests loved it though.
- From the same youngster era, I also built a huge alpine coaster called 'Twisted Metal'. I thought it was awesome, then my brother pointed out that there was a crazy demolition derby game series of the same name, before him too saying it was an awesome name.

No wooden coasters.. let's see. The only wooden coaster I made in RCT3 that I remember the name of was Ultradips which isn't a very good name. Oh well.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Yes, yes it was. That project wasn't exactly my greatest moment in a coaster forum to say the least...!

Shortly after killing that project I relocated the same woodie to a different and equally unimpressive park:
NGL I kind of want to see the files for the various versions of Coils Park.

I also attempted to decipher that big "hey half the park burned down" wall that for some reason had many words fall off:
"New companies like (could not accurately guess) and lots more are re-designing Coils Park. We have done Blue Scream, now known as Thunderstruck! Next we did Corkscrew and added drifting trains on Ultradips. Suddenly, a train on Corkscrew had stalled in the exit station in testing and the lift hill malfunctioned, sending the other train at super speed up the hill. The brakes failed and rammed into the back of the train in the exit station, bursting into flames. The fire raged on through the park, obliterating the ride and taking Merry-Go-Round, RotoDrop and a portion of Ultradips with it. Now, Corkscrew is now Corkscrewed Up as it is now a pile of ashes. Vendors were choking and burning to death as the smoke had spread to their stalls. They couldn't escape in time and perished. Everyone else escaped. Now, the burnt part of Ultradips is completely black, as small parts of wood fell off and the entire ride was making horrible splinter sounds. Eventually it gave in and fell to the ground, a bit of it landing on Sea Storm, taking that ride, the operator and a mechanic with it. Sea Storm went up in flames as well but was instantly put out. Also, the station building collapsed, bending parts of the station. These rides will not be operating now and Ultradips is due for demolition due to the structure being considered unsafe. We also added a couple of new things and you can find them!"

(Bold - the missing parts. I honestly couldn't decipher a few though (what were the companies involved in the Coils Park overhaul and what did they add to Ultradips?))

That raises a few questions - how did a steel coaster burn to the ground? How did it spread to most of the park? Why weren't the vendors and operators evacuated the moment **** began to hit the fan?

EDIT: Oh god the Corkscrew pun. It's so dumb yet so charming.

Last edited:

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
NGL I kind of want to see the files for the various versions of Coils Park.

I also attempted to decipher that big "hey half the park burned down" wall that for some reason had many words fall off:

(Bold - the missing parts. I honestly couldn't decipher a few though (what were the companies involved in the Coils Park overhaul and what did they add to Ultradips?))

That raises a few questions - how did a steel coaster burn to the ground? How did it spread to most of the park? Why weren't the vendors and operators evacuated the moment **** began to hit the fan?

EDIT: Oh god the Corkscrew pun. It's so dumb yet so charming.
Got to say... I appreciate the dedication into deciphering my writing!

Check out the abandoned Coils Park: https://rctgo.com/downloads/view/coils-park.15068

And about the questions, 13 year old me was extremely confusing to say the least. This was in the midst of my Smiler obsession arc and loved the idea of excessive and unnecessary violence which I shoehorned into the majority of things that I said. I found the idea of 'everyone dies!' slightly amusing as a result which partly explains the silliness of that Bamboo Eatery brawl.

The Ultradips upgrade was going to be a revival of the coaster into 'Ultradrifts', which was roughly the same layout but instead with drifting coaster trains and intense banking that forced the train to rotate in valleys and crests, creating an extremely intense experience.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Got to say... I appreciate the dedication into deciphering my writing!

Check out the abandoned Coils Park: https://rctgo.com/downloads/view/coils-park.15068

And about the questions, 13 year old me was extremely confusing to say the least. This was in the midst of my Smiler obsession arc and loved the idea of excessive and unnecessary violence which I shoehorned into the majority of things that I said. I found the idea of 'everyone dies!' slightly amusing as a result which partly explains the silliness of that Bamboo Eatery brawl.

The Ultradips upgrade was going to be a revival of the coaster into 'Ultradrifts', which was roughly the same layout but instead with drifting coaster trains and intense banking that forced the train to rotate in valleys and crests, creating an extremely intense experience.
Yeah I saw the RCTGO Coils. I wonder what that 2014 investment would have been...

EDIT: NGL I wonder if any of the other big RCT3 TPR park creators (like Fraroc) are just lurking about here on CF without us even noticing...

Last edited:

Sandman

Giga Poster
Had a weird dream last night about a mysterious rollercoaster called 'The Descent'.

It had no entrance sign, wasn't on the park map and was probably subconsciously inspired by Oblivion (or probably just the film title?). It had that ominous presence about it.

Anyway, the name has been stuck in my head since I woke up.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
A name that I recently came up with for my new Parkitect spinning coaster is one I like quite a bit.

A gyrfalcon is a large bird of prey.
Rotation can also be called 'gyroscopic'.

So, in short, I built a large extreme spinning coaster themed to a bird's flight and called it 'Gyrofalcon', which would be a cool name to see on an existing coaster. Pun on two things, and fits the idea of those two things at the same time

Tyrant
Hammerhead
Matrix
FLIP
American Assault
Barbarian
Climax
Tiki Tumbler
Makali (intense in swahili)
Patriot Patrol
Gladiator
Flight of the Dragon
Twisted Typhoon
Crazy Rat
Rumbler of the (insert location here)
White Knight
Duel of the Gods

Leon_K

Mega Poster
We did a Speed Build Challenge in the gaming section of the forum. I created a B&M hyper that I called Falcons Flight. I loved that name. However, now it turned out to be the name of the new record breaking Intamin at Six Flags Qedia. Coincidence? ;)

Other made up names for announced and rumoured coaster concepts:
Efteling circus themed coaster (cancelled): Cirque Bizarre / Mr. Mime's Magical Adventure
Walibi Holland's new duelling RMC single-rail: Air Race
Any new Tilt Coaster: Bungee
Any new wooden coaster: Mirkwood Mystic / Satyr

For you all, feel free to add to this :)