What's new

Gröna Lund | Monster | B&M Invert | 2021

emoo

Hyper Poster
WTF is this thread now. :D

• An insight to subjective constructive criticism, where the readers heart determines the context more than the author
  • Real time updates with time stamps showing what comes off as a joke or suggestion to one person is blunt trauma to others
  • Evidence that people from all over chime into a melting pot of opinions where the common ones swirl together
  • A stark reminder to never read the comments on YouTube or Twitter

cookie

Giga Poster
To get this thread back on track a bit, today the government delayed easing of restrictions until June 1st, but at the same time assured that parks will get to open by then. In response, Gröna Lund has announced a June 2nd opening with a 3,100 guest cap and an all-access ticket instead of a separate entrance and wristband offers. Monster is also going to open with the park.

Be warned, the park is going to introduce separate time slots for guests visiting during the day (9:30 to 3 P.M) and evening (4 to 10 P.M) during weekends and peak season. Major rides are receiving virtual queues (or queues with markers where virtual wait isn't possible), and each guest is getting a so-called "Jetpass" feature where they can skip two virtual queues during their visit. Further easings of restrictions aren't expected until September, so this is probably going to be the status quo all summer.

https://news.cision.com/se/grona-lund/r/antligen-gront-ljus-for-gronan---oppnar-2-juni,c3346287 (in Swedish)

emoo

Hyper Poster
So that's how your pronounce the park name. Chirpy confusing music score aside that is just the best.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The pronounciation in the advert is wrong lol they just pronounce it in English
Oh wow, that pronunciation is awful. Didn't the park give the voice actor any guidelines at all? Did nobody hear this and think "maybe we should do a retake"?

For the record, the correct pronunciation is somewhat akin to "Gruh-na Loond".

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Firstly - The only dick I'll allow around here is me, but I'd rather not have be one :) So please do think tiwce before upsetting somebody with a comment that might be misconstrued in text format.

Love the video footage and updates in this topic. And the advert from "Gah-row-na Land" is fab. I look forward to visit at some point later this year, or maybe next. Although I really, really want to take CF with me because I think we'd all have a smashing time.

This coaster represents everything I love about parks. Building the seemingly impossible, and then dousing it in a dollop of cheesy publicity material.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
So, should we give this another go? Here is some more footage of Monster. The view from the top of the lifthill is amazing with half of Stockholm being visible. I can almost see my house on Södermalm right across the water…

Nice footage, seems to have sped up slightly :D